TAL-Vocoder and combi-converting other VSTs to be rack devices!

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
User avatar
gullum
Posts: 1157
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 07 Oct 2021

after a few pages no one will know witch combinator everyone is talking about 100 combinators from 100 creators is going to be messy

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9295
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 07 Oct 2021

gullum wrote:
07 Oct 2021
after a few pages no one will know witch combinator everyone is talking about 100 combinators from 100 creators is going to be messy
Ehh I created this thread on the day R12 with the new Combinator was released. It was one of the first threads in this new subforum. It only recently got bumped. Many others have created their own threads for each combi patch. Of course, there is also the quote feature...

User avatar
NMHindman
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2021

Post 29 Oct 2021

VerlanTokyo wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I know they're payed but SOUNDTOYS PLEASE

In particular - Micro Shift, Primal Tap, Little Alter Boy, Little Plate and Radiator
FYI I've just posted on the Combi patch forum for Soundtoys Radiator, Little Radiator, Devil-Loc, and Sie-Q (sorry, don't have the others in your list). Cheers!

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 386
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 11 Nov 2021

I would still support the idea of creating a VST-Combi forum section. :-)
joeyluck wrote:
07 Oct 2021
gullum wrote:
07 Oct 2021
after a few pages no one will know witch combinator everyone is talking about 100 combinators from 100 creators is going to be messy
Ehh I created this thread on the day R12 with the new Combinator was released. It was one of the first threads in this new subforum. It only recently got bumped. Many others have created their own threads for each combi patch. Of course, there is also the quote feature...

VerlanTokyo
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Oct 2021

Post 27 Nov 2021

NMHindman wrote:
29 Oct 2021
VerlanTokyo wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I know they're payed but SOUNDTOYS PLEASE

In particular - Micro Shift, Primal Tap, Little Alter Boy, Little Plate and Radiator
FYI I've just posted on the Combi patch forum for Soundtoys Radiator, Little Radiator, Devil-Loc, and Sie-Q (sorry, don't have the others in your list). Cheers!
GOT EM! Thanks very much. Awesome work, these will be used on the daily.

If you're continuing with the series Alter Boy and Primal Tap are my other go-to plugs.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9531
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 27 Nov 2021

VerlanTokyo wrote:
27 Nov 2021
NMHindman wrote:
29 Oct 2021


FYI I've just posted on the Combi patch forum for Soundtoys Radiator, Little Radiator, Devil-Loc, and Sie-Q (sorry, don't have the others in your list). Cheers!
GOT EM! Thanks very much. Awesome work, these will be used on the daily.

If you're continuing with the series Alter Boy and Primal Tap are my other go-to plugs.
Little Plate
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7525467
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
NMHindman
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2021

Post 27 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Oct 2021
hurricane wrote:
04 Oct 2021
If you want to be over-achievers, it would be cool if you guys saved all the plugin's patches in .cmb format. I realize it could potentially be a huge job, but maybe it would be more reasonable for plugins with fewer patches.
I almost did this for Tal-Vocoder, but found I didn't really like the included patches anyways and it's not as slick having a different .cmb for every patch based on a device (whether it's a wrapped VST or an original creation).

One of the feature requests made by many has been snapshot saving. I think that would make it more appealing to save patches per combi.

As it is now, unless you as a user maintain all of the individual .cmb patches in separate folders, then you can't simply browse patches (next/last) for a combi creation without loading whatever else comes alphabetically.

Also, each individual .cmb patch is saved with the backdrop graphics, which uses up unnecessary disk space and there's the load time (even if it's minimal). Jumping from one .cmb to another, even if it used the same backdrop and devices, it will load it from scratch just the same. I'd be happy to save patches if there is a snapshot feature.
Agree on all counts. Cumbersome even for the user, to the point that it's less cumbersome to just open the VST and browse. But the the combi2 will only get better over time, RS will implement more features, and perhaps a feature like the above will become viable.

I rather like to focus the Combi2 format on VSTs that it can truly benefit, -meaning the combi has to be everything the VST is, with the benefit of added features, and/or appearing as an RE instead of having to open a VST. Some combi2 limitations prevent the VST mirroring in full (at present), and I rather avoid these in hopes of future Combi2 features.

PS: That is one fabulous combinator joeyluck!

User avatar
NMHindman
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2021

Post Yesterday

VerlanTokyo wrote:
27 Nov 2021
NMHindman wrote:
29 Oct 2021


FYI I've just posted on the Combi patch forum for Soundtoys Radiator, Little Radiator, Devil-Loc, and Sie-Q (sorry, don't have the others in your list). Cheers!
GOT EM! Thanks very much. Awesome work, these will be used on the daily.

If you're continuing with the series Alter Boy and Primal Tap are my other go-to plugs.
Little AlterBoy, per your request: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7525681&p=586831#p586831
PrimalTap does not work well with Combi2 limitations (you'll see an example in Little AlterBoy; there are several more with PrimalTap which would make a combi interface not too usable).

Enjoy!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest