Any use for MacBook Pro Touch Bar in Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
StephenHutchinson

06 Oct 2021

turn2on wrote:
25 Sep 2020
Oh.. You touch old theme)))

Time ago we create kit for Reason under BetterTouchTool. Its perfect and we use it all this time.
https://turn2on.com/touchkit/

Just download it and try))

sorry for video quality...

We find that users not have interest on this in time of Reason 10.. and not create better videos and info.

Main functional is:

BTT.png

If this is interesting, can add more..
Just write what you intesting to add.. Possible Sub-folders
Okay, so that's gotta be the best usage for the touch bar I've ever seen. I'd actually use that, if I had a MacBook with a touch bar.. :D
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

plaamook

06 Oct 2021

Yonatan wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Too bad the Macbook pro rumours shows Apple wont have them touch bars on next Macbook pros.
I have too old Mac for it but would like to have it. And also would love to have full touch screens.
Man I hope you’re right.
I mean, well done turn2on etc but I like the vol buttons and play pause and so on. As soon as they drop an M1 without the bar I’ll look into getting one.
Somehow...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

Windows notebooks with touch screens - showing to us that desktop OS + desktop product not better solution for work with touch on monitors 13-17".
Apple need to kill iPad OS and build mobile macOS for it, that must be optimised to work with touch with desktop apps.
Currently iPad Pro M1 = MacBook M1. Problem in OS. What OS can do.

Small part of users find TouchBars of MBP really needed. Users in mass not understand how it can be used, excluding apple examples of limited apps. Users ask to remove Touch Bar and make MPB cheaper..
Users ask, Apple can do it.
No real alternatives to Touch Bar, and if Apple remove it at near release of 14/16" MacBooks, they can back with touchbar
models later on M2 machines.

Yonatan

06 Oct 2021

Apple seem to want people to have reasons (due to lack) to buy several of their products instead of one. But I believe it holds their development back. And I think that that way of thinking is not even good for business goodwill in the long run. Those who want and can afford several devices, would probably buy them anyway, even if could do similar things with them. Instead Apple should focus on streamlining them to sync perfectly, connecting and using them for a super creative setup.

Mobile and ipad apps can now finally be run on their bigger OS, but it is half done if not letting at least one of their imac and macbook pro, have a touch screen option. So I keep hoping... Touch bar seemed like a way to give a little touch while still not go all the way. At last something called "pro" should have touch screen. As mentioned, Ipad pro with M1 lacks because of its non optimized ipad OS. I want to run Reason on MacBook and with the hi-res be able to zoom and use my fingers and/or a pen-tool.

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

MacBooks not need touch screen. MacBooks is a mass machines for work.
Touchscreens hard to use in work, if you practise on Windows touch computers last years.
Dreams about MacBook + touchscreen is a fault. Main desktop version must be desktop version where if touch is needed - may be sometime.. not every moment.
And for users that need touchscreen, better to have mobile device (iPad) with touch.. and question only to create special mobile macOS, that can support touchscreen, and ..(!) that must inlude optimised solutions from 2 sides:
a. macOS interface elements for touch
b. Apps versions that oriented to touch work.

anyway, MacBooks is a laptops where with touchpad you no need mouse to draw as example 3D objects, engineer CAD graphics.. etc.. MacBooks is already touch sensitive.. but screens.. Not every user like idea to buy MacBooks with included touch screens.. Users simply not like TouchBar at all, because not need it, and it make device with bigger price.
So, MacBooks can be saved as is as.. And iPads - is a way to mobile version of desktop macOS to full potential of work with apps + touch screen.

Everybody find that iOS and macOS is a 2 principal concepts. Current iPadOS - is a very strange solution. Its already bigger than iOS, but not a desktop OS.
So, iPad OS not have elementary CoreAudio. And this is a first problem to think about iPad OS as OS with limited in time possibilities. How to make better limited OS? add something new.. and if they add things like this, its anyway can be macOS with 2-ways integration of the apps.

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
06 Oct 2021
turn2on wrote:
25 Sep 2020
Oh.. You touch old theme)))

Time ago we create kit for Reason under BetterTouchTool. Its perfect and we use it all this time.
https://turn2on.com/touchkit/

Just download it and try))
This works in R12? Do you have to buy it every 2 years, per the link instructions?
Not sure sure about R12 compatibility but wouldn't think it should matter, but the 2 year license just covers 2 years of updates. You can keep using it beyond that. Note there is also a lifetime license too, but honestly, how often are they really going to update this?

"A standard license will receive updates for 2 years. After these two years you can keep using the last version you received during that timeframe and keep using it forever."

DJMaytag

07 Oct 2021

Works in R12, seemingly fine so far.

• Information