Reason 12.2.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
drun robots

05 Oct 2021

rootwheel wrote:
05 Oct 2021
drun robots wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Just wondering, will R12 be compatible with Windows 11? Any information regarding this? I mean... after the current bugs, pops, flashes, and mixed graphics are solved, of course.
Despite the major number increment, I don't think Windows 11 is much different from Windows 10 under the hood. My understanding is that Microsoft simply took Windows 10 21H2, rebranded it, and unveiled it as Windows 11. I would be surprised if there are any incompatiblities, or differences in performance, between Reason 12 on Windows 10 and Reason 12 on Windows 11.
Thanks for the insight :thumbs_up: , I am actually updating my studio PC rom 21H1 to 21H2, let's see the outcome.
drunkrobots.bandcamp.com

Ottostrom

05 Oct 2021

Exowildebeest wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
05 Oct 2021

Maybe you have the same problem as me? If I have this setting enabled but the project is very empty (like if the only thing I do is drag in a Europa for example) then I get crackles, while if the project has more devices in it then I can turn it on with no problem.
Do you have your minimum processor power state set to 100% in your Windows Power Management settings? Because if it's set too low, your processor will downclock to save power, and only upclock under load, which can cause audio glitching if it's very suddenly loaded. This setting is really important for realtime audio applications, in my experience.

(I now see this was already mentioned by others :thumbs_up: )
I just went to check my minimum processor state and it is indeed set to 100%. Could there still be something else which downclocks the power?

Exowildebeest

05 Oct 2021

Some utility software or (laptop)bloatware could be interfering with it yes. I assume you have none of that running though. So it might not be a CPU power/clock issue after all.

You could try setting Reason's .exe to a higher priority in the task manager and see if that makes any difference.

Pepin

05 Oct 2021

hedswell wrote:
01 Oct 2021
When dragging a MIDI file into the sequencer the Transport Track no longer remains at the top of the sequencer window.
Just noticed this as well. Not sure if it was introduced by this update.
I submitted a bug report. It's more than a visual issue, because the track can't be moved (will throw an exception if you try).

akeia

06 Oct 2021

You can use the free tool HWMonitor (https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) to check what speed your CPU is really clocking. Look at it before starting the Reason audio and while running. To really nail the CPU speed at max you may need to go into the BIOS and deactivate all the power saving thingies according to your BIOS manual. The Windows mechanisms are not transparent in what they really do. But if f.e. Intel Speedstep is disabled in the BIOS then Windows can not mess with it anymore.

Oper-8

06 Oct 2021

Here's a new bug report. Sorry again for hijacking a thread, but I'm still unsure whether I should post on threads or submit a support ticket which might not really serve as a bug report.
So there's a bug when you create a Player from a Radical Piano :
- open an instance of Radical Piano ;
- right click on it and select any Player device ;
- the Player should be attached to the Radical Piano, but instead, it creates an ID8 device with the Player you wanted.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

gullum

06 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Here's a new bug report. Sorry again for hijacking a thread, but I'm still unsure whether I should post on threads or submit a support ticket which might not really serve as a bug report.
- the Player should be attached to the Radical Piano, but instead, it creates an ID8 device with the Player you wanted.
Are you on windows because I can recreate it on my Mac mini

Pepin

06 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I think this is actually happening whenever you try and add a player to the first instrument in a Combinator (the first instrument hooked to the Combinator mixer).

selig
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Can't recreate here, works just fine.
iMac 2015
10.14.6 Mojave
Reason 12.2.1d50
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

Pepin wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Oper-8 wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I think this is actually happening whenever you try and add a player to the first instrument in a Combinator (the first instrument hooked to the Combinator mixer).
OK, THAT is very easy to recreate with ANY instrument. Dragging Players works just fine, it's only right-click that recreates the bug, and only inside a combinator with the first instrument. Great catch!
Selig Audio, LLC

Oper-8

06 Oct 2021

I'm on Windows. But my Radical Piano is not inside a Combinator.
And, well... I've just tried again (same thing : Radical Piano, uncombined) and I didn't have the bug. I tried on an empty document, from a template, with the Radical Piano being the first created instrument... Couldn't reproduce the bug again.
Very weird. I'm not sure when it occurs exactly actually, but I already had that bug several times lately.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Pepin

06 Oct 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I'm on Windows. But my Radical Piano is not inside a Combinator.
And, well... I've just tried again (same thing : Radical Piano, uncombined) and I didn't have the bug. I tried on an empty document, from a template, with the Radical Piano being the first created instrument... Couldn't reproduce the bug again.
Very weird. I'm not sure when it occurs exactly actually, but I already had that bug several times lately.
I submitted a ticket for the Combinator bug, so hopefully both issues have the same root cause, whatever that ends up being.

DJMaytag

07 Oct 2021

Confirmed that the right click adding of a player bug only seems to happen inside a Combinator.

MacOS Mojave, if that matters.

pquenin

07 Oct 2021

Well, R12 was unusable on my computer, but I found a way to have it running fast.
I am on Windows 10, and I have to force Windows to use my GPU when using Reason 12.
It's on the Display settings of Windows, at the bottom there is "Graphics settings".
Here you add the Reason 12 app, and then choose "High performance".

I have to do the same with the Cakewalk app, to have Reason Rack Plugin using the GPU.

I also have to disable "use hyper-threading audio rendering" inside Reason 12 standalone to get it work smoothly.

Hope this can help some people here.

It's strange that there is nothing on the Reason Studios site that talks about it :-(

drno
RE Developer

09 Oct 2021

pquenin wrote:
07 Oct 2021
Well, R12 was unusable on my computer, but I found a way to have it running fast.
I am on Windows 10, and I have to force Windows to use my GPU when using Reason 12.
It's on the Display settings of Windows, at the bottom there is "Graphics settings".
Here you add the Reason 12 app, and then choose "High performance".

I have to do the same with the Cakewalk app, to have Reason Rack Plugin using the GPU.

I also have to disable "use hyper-threading audio rendering" inside Reason 12 standalone to get it work smoothly.

Hope this can help some people here.

It's strange that there is nothing on the Reason Studios site that talks about it :-(
it didn't work for me,
but when i went to my nvidia graphics card options,
control the configuration 3D and within there configure program I added to Reason12 everything changed.

DaveyG

09 Oct 2021

PrivatePartsUK wrote:
04 Oct 2021
NI Massive not opening up R12 but was on R11 and ALL SSL DUENDE NATIVE VST Plugins not opening up but on R11 was fine.
Do you mean Massive or Massive X? There has just been an update of the latter for a similar problem on Live.

michael.jaye

10 Oct 2021

Has anyone made a list, or is there a thread listing all the reported or known bugs in R12?

EnochLight

10 Oct 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
10 Oct 2021
Has anyone made a list, or is there a thread listing all the reported or known bugs in R12?
No, but hopefully people experiencing bugs or issues are actually reporting it to Reason Studios and not here.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ProfessaKaos

11 Oct 2021

EnochLight wrote:
10 Oct 2021
michael.jaye wrote:
10 Oct 2021
No, but hopefully people experiencing bugs or issues are actually reporting it to Reason Studios and not here.
It would be much easier to just report them here, would make the process of elimination much easier as multiple users could verify the bugs. Instead the user feels alone like they are the only one experiencing the bug.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

guitfnky

11 Oct 2021

ProfessaKaos wrote:
11 Oct 2021
EnochLight wrote:
10 Oct 2021

It would be much easier to just report them here, would make the process of elimination much easier as multiple users could verify the bugs. Instead the user feels alone like they are the only one experiencing the bug.
easier for us, but a huge pain for RS to have to sift through a bunch of random comments to find the bugs people are experiencing. report the bugs to RS through the proper channels so they know about them, and feel free to talk about it here—best of both worlds.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2021

guitfnky wrote:
11 Oct 2021
easier for us, but a huge pain for RS to have to sift through a bunch of random comments to find the bugs people are experiencing. report the bugs to RS through the proper channels so they know about them, and feel free to talk about it here—best of both worlds.
I guess they can think of this place as the bug support group.

Maybe RS need to hand out a digital pamphlet with each bug submission

EnochLight

11 Oct 2021

avasopht wrote:
11 Oct 2021
guitfnky wrote:
11 Oct 2021
I guess they can think of this place as the bug support group.

Maybe RS need to hand out a digital pamphlet with each bug submission
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oper-8

11 Oct 2021

Quick update for my bug with Radical Piano and Players. I still have the bug, but only from time to time, and never with the same scenario. Sometimes it will happen with an empty document, sometimes when I start from a template. Very strange.

plaamook

23 Oct 2021

There should be a list somewhere at this point.
I just file bug reports. Just filed another one today. I think I’m up to like 3-4 since I got 12 and I was late in the game.
They must be inundated.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

zoidkirb

23 Oct 2021

guitfnky wrote:
11 Oct 2021
ProfessaKaos wrote:
11 Oct 2021

I feel like a collated bug list from RT could be useful.
I imagine their own support would be inundated with not only real bugs but many cases of users not knowing how some features work, or problems with their own pc's that are not Reason related.

• Information