White Noise in the middle of playback

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
VitalHostage

06 Oct 2021

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to Reason 12 and I'm suddenly getting this slightly random occurence where in the middle of playing back a composition, there is a sudden wave of White noise which drowns out everything else for about 3-5 seconds and then fades out and the original audio from the composition fades back in? Literally no new plugins or any additions other than the upgrade to Reason 12. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

any help or advice greatly received as I cannot fathom out why this is happening?

Many thanks

Vital

Loque

06 Oct 2021

I guess one of your VSTs is not fully authorized.
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2021

Loque wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I guess one of your VSTs is not fully authorized.
This is a problem I've had with the Korg ones a few times.

Well worth checking it out.

huggermugger

06 Oct 2021

sounds like you have a demo VST plugin

BananaSkins

06 Oct 2021

A product demo from ikmultimedia possibly?

tallguy

06 Oct 2021

Just start soloing tracks until you find the culprit. Like the others in this thread pointed out, it's probably a VST that isn't authorised.

VitalHostage

07 Oct 2021

Many thanks to everyones whose replied!

I shall start doing some experimentation around the VST's I've got installed and let you know the results.

VitalHostage

11 Oct 2021

Hi All,

So just wanted to report back, I've traced the issue to an instance of Scenic Hybrid synth. No additional plugins added. The issue appears to be with the Glitch Rhythm patch. Tried a new instance of the same instrument and got the same results. However after bouncing it in place to audio and removing the instrument, everything is now joyous in the land of playback. I'm going to run some further tests with just that patch in a completely new songfile and see what happens. But there you go! Problem identified and worked round, but not necessarily solved.

Anyway many thanks for the assist from every one.

Much appreciated

Vital.

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2021

It might be worth running the logging version to give RS more info on their bug

• Information