RRP not passing space bar presses to host (Live)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
phonoghosts

06 Oct 2021

I'm using RRP (v11.3.6) in Live 10, and it's annoying that it won't pass space bar commands through to Live (in order to start/stop transport) whilst the plugin is in focus. Has this been fixed in a newer version? I can't see anything about it in the release notes.

EnochLight

06 Oct 2021

phonoghosts wrote:
06 Oct 2021
I'm using RRP (v11.3.6) in Live 10, and it's annoying that it won't pass space bar commands through to Live (in order to start/stop transport) whilst the plugin is in focus. Has this been fixed in a newer version? I can't see anything about it in the release notes.
Reason 12 and Studio One 4 works fine. Spacebar activates Studio One's transport no matter if I have RRP in focus or not.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

phonoghosts

06 Oct 2021

Thanks for checking. Shame it's in 12 though (not quite worth £199 for just that one fix! Otherwise I'm happy with 11).

I should probably have been a bit clearer in my original post, because the RRP does pass space bar presses when in focus for me, but only when there is no device selected with the blue outer square. But I see from your video that it works for you with the device selected too.

I might try the latest 11 update. Usually I'm not one to instantly update every time unless there's a specific bug fix but hopefully this might have been fixed before 12. I don't think this is a Live specific thing as other plugins work okay.

• Information