To the Witchlight (Electronica, Ambient, downtempo)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Eusantis

29 Sep 2021

Hi, I share here with you the demo version of my new song for a music project I've been working on in my spare time for a few years. Only reason 12 suite (No VSTs).

It's a first version.

Eusantis

30 Sep 2021

What do you think of the track, do you like it? What does it suggest? It is a first version, so what things could be improved?
It is made with Reason 12, without any external sound or effects, hardware or vst.
I want to focus more on the equalization in future versions, and work on some new sounds, via midi, to replace some of Reason.

Eusantis

01 Oct 2021

Well, since nobody has an opinion, I do it, to see if someone is encouraged. Okay, I don't usually go in here to listen to almost anyone's, so I can't go around demanding listening.
The fact is that I like this track, but I like everything I do that I teach around here, so I can't be objective. And I need some objectivity, because the truth is that so far they have only heard the track, and they have liked it, my mother, my sister, a cousin and a friend. As you can see, it is not something very reliable to get an idea of ​​whether it is okay.

I think it is a well-constructed, well-spun, coherent, and exciting song, which for me is the most important thing. The mix is ​​not bad, although it needs to equalize it well, and put its hands on a more elaborate mastering. The drums are very basic, just to go pulling, and it lacks dynamism, surely, in terms of sound details and effects that make the production more modern and ambitious. I don't know if I'll get all of that in time. In any case it is only the first version.

But I need to have some objective opinion for the next step. With this I already have about six or seven songs from which to continue developing the musical project. I have a Roland Jupiter XM that I was thinking of selling, but I still ended up staying, to work on this and other tracks via MIDI. And as I already mentioned, improve the equalization and those other details. Although I give for what I give. One person alone cannot be good at everything. The albums we listen to out there have many professionals behind them working. And as for the essentials, I think it's there. On this music track.

At least what I'm looking for is there, now.

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2021

Hi I enjoyed listening this this. Only thing that stood out was I found the change about 1 16ish a bit abrupt. That might be how you want it but it jumped out at me first time I heard the song. Everything else seemed good.

Eusantis

02 Oct 2021

Thank you very much for listening, Popey, I will take into account what you say for a next version. And I like that you enjoyed it!

Eusantis

11 Nov 2021

I have made a basic video for the first song, To the Witchlight, with online tools. Maybe in the future a better video, along with a future version of the theme!

Eusantis

14 Nov 2021

I have finished the first version of the third track of my first album. This time, only Reason, no more. I don't even used vsts. actually I hardly used them in the previous two songs either. I've found that I get better results by keeping it simple, with Reason as my only musical tool. (I have Reason Suite, and many REs, yes).

Bloma

14 Nov 2021

Well first of all, the video clip is fantastic. Musically it's pretty cool. That part at 2:20 is really cool, would like to hear more of that. I find that main arp guitary sound a bit dry and dull, maybe it could evolve a bit more, or morph a bit. That lead synth sound is really nice. I'm generally a big fan of hard hitting drums, so I would like to hear this as a bit more of a full on celtic dance track, but that's just me. I guess, do you have a function for this kind of music? Is it for dancing, or more ambient relaxing?

RTFX

15 Nov 2021

Typing while listening:
Im not sure if it should be more spacious.
Imo there are some big lush sounds which could have more stereo field. Now its all pretty centered.
Ok, except for thst pingpong lead horn.
Those female vox for instance could really outstand if bigger.
I like the composition as a whole.
Good choice of sounds.
Mix is well balanced when it comes to gainstaging.
Maybe a smoother transition to the 1:16 part but thats hairsplitting.
That arp guitar ciuld have more punch as well as all drums. Now the drums are there but theyre like hesitating to emerge.
I love the guitar and bass guitar together at 2:15. Did u play them live?
Looking forward to hear more!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Eusantis

15 Nov 2021

Bloma wrote:
14 Nov 2021
Well first of all, the video clip is fantastic. Musically it's pretty cool. That part at 2:20 is really cool, would like to hear more of that. I find that main arp guitary sound a bit dry and dull, maybe it could evolve a bit more, or morph a bit. That lead synth sound is really nice. I'm generally a big fan of hard hitting drums, so I would like to hear this as a bit more of a full on celtic dance track, but that's just me. I guess, do you have a function for this kind of music? Is it for dancing, or more ambient relaxing?
Hi Bloma, thank you very much for your comments. The music is halfway between the soundtrack and being able to enjoy it as if it were a concert of pop rock music, with an electronic base, of course. I take note of your comments for future versions and new songs.

Eusantis

15 Nov 2021

RTFX wrote:
15 Nov 2021
Typing while listening:
Im not sure if it should be more spacious.
Imo there are some big lush sounds which could have more stereo field. Now its all pretty centered.
Ok, except for thst pingpong lead horn.
Those female vox for instance could really outstand if bigger.
I like the composition as a whole.
Good choice of sounds.
Mix is well balanced when it comes to gainstaging.
Maybe a smoother transition to the 1:16 part but thats hairsplitting.
That arp guitar ciuld have more punch as well as all drums. Now the drums are there but theyre like hesitating to emerge.
I love the guitar and bass guitar together at 2:15. Did u play them live?
Looking forward to hear more!

I take note of your comments as well, although I have my technical limitations. In any case, I am always open to a selfless artistic collaboration, to make the songs better, by sharing Reason files. If I like how someone raises the theme, without changing it as it essentially is, I could credit their authorship for the final version for the album, of these songs, as an artistic collaborator.

As for what you comment on part 2:15, the base sequences of my songs are played by hand, in general, except for some parts, which are mixed. In this case, I used one of the players, in the guitar interludes, based on the same sequence that is played by hand in the rest of the song.

Eusantis

17 Nov 2021

You can now enjoy the videoclip of the second song, "From a Forgotten Sea", which continues the story of the first, "To the Wiitchlight".

Only Reason 12 (Suite and REs. No hardware, no VSTs).

Eusantis

27 Nov 2021

This last, the same as others... Only Reason Daw. No hardware (well, controller keyboard), no VSTs.

I used in the first versions some VSTs, like Arturia Collection, for the second song, but they did not convince me, I canceled, and I replaced these few sounds that were there with others from Reason.

Anyway, I have a huge lot of REs...

Almost all bass sequences are played by hand. In this last song, all of them.

• Information