Acid Techno Challenge 2021 begins - all welcome.

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

Brisbane eh?
I lived in Bris for a mess o decades. Highgate Hill, Red Hill, Ascot (but not on the hill), Hashgrove, Faddington oh no it was actually Bardon but that is a hill, Lota which is all but underwater, Cleveland which is not a lot better.

Interesting track. A bit unmelodic for me but such is the nature of much House Aciiid or otherwise. Sound is warm and engaging.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

zoidkirb

28 Sep 2021

Benedict wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2021
Brisbane eh?
I lived in Bris for a mess o decades. Highgate Hill, Red Hill, Ascot (but not on the hill), Hashgrove, Faddington oh no it was actually Bardon but that is a hill, Lota which is all but underwater, Cleveland which is not a lot better.

Interesting track. A bit unmelodic for me but such is the nature of much House Aciiid or otherwise. Sound is warm and engaging.

LOL you know your Brisburbs. Sadly Tingalpa is too boring to get a funny nickname.
Thanks re my track. I prefer to describe it as tuneless rather than unmelodic haha. It does suit the overall raw approach I took to the sound design.
Your track is almost the opposite, tuneful, and with a very pleasant acid squelch nestled in amongst a broader palette of sounds. Could be longer though!

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

Cool tracks Benedict and zoidkirbπŸ‘. I love these challenges where a common theme is then interpreted in each individuals vision. Makes for very interesting listening and some great ideas.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

I've got something in the works! I don't usually partake in these challenges but r12 has been very inspiring lately :D

For this I thought it would be fun to try to use all subtractor with only stock effects, but I ended up using 1 thor.

Before I recorded a video of the wip, I slapped a house top loop sample on there for good measure :) I want to replace that with my own subtractor percs/hats.

Not entirely sure how acid is defined, but I'm trying my best!

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

25 Sep 2021
Alright

I am happy to be first in (yet probably the last chosen train to dancentral seeing Aciiid is not exactly the jam that I pump up to).

Wav File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbot4xlsqv0pd ... M.wav?dl=0

Please understand that while this is an open project for participants to include in Challenge Mixes, the work is still owned by me so no claiming any of it as yours, credit where credit due etc.

Popey wrote: ↑
25 Sep 2021
Here is my first entry and hopefully i get time to create a second as this has been a lot of fun to put together. Acid Dog is 132bpm and written in F Minor. I set out to create all sounds with reason 11 stock however with the flexibility in the rules i felt some acid vocals would benefit this track.

All sounds apart from vocals and a couple of impact fx are from reason 11. As per Oscar i did end up going to my sample library for the Kick but all other percussion is from Reason FSB.

wav available from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ml9vdjxclz82 ... DaiRa?dl=0
Greeat start to the challenge!

Will be cool to see everyone's unique interpretation of acid/techno

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

zoidkirb wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2021
Sadly Tingalpa is too boring to get a funny nickname
Your track is... tuneful, and with a very pleasant acid squelch nestled in amongst a broader palette of sounds. Could be longer though!
OMG I avoided trypering in Tingalpa but I lived there too, Peachdale St, before living in the mud and then abandoning Brisbland for good.

For some reason, I have to be melodic. My age/upbringing perhaps. I agree that the piece could be longer but such is what a short session allowed for. Paid work awaits.

@ aeox Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2021

aeox wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2021
I've got something in the works! I don't usually partake in these challenges but r12 has been very inspiring lately :D

For this I thought it would be fun to try to use all subtractor with only stock effects, but I ended up using 1 thor.

Before I recorded a video of the wip, I slapped a house top loop sample on there for good measure :) I want to replace that with my own subtractor percs/hats.

Not entirely sure how acid is defined, but I'm trying my best!
Really like where you are going with this track. Looking forward to hearing the final results πŸ˜€

Noise
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2021

Here is something Acid i guess. Hope it fits the challenge / community mix ( I prefer to call it the latter :D )

Don't know if it fit the rules, I use a my minilogue XD to grab some acid sounds (need to use my investment lol)
Everything else is rack Extensions
1x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
1x Spire
1x The Legend

130 bpm

Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

zoidkirb

01 Oct 2021

28 Sep 2021
zoidkirb wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2021
Sadly Tingalpa is too boring to get a funny nickname
Your track is... tuneful, and with a very pleasant acid squelch nestled in amongst a broader palette of sounds. Could be longer though!
OMG I avoided trypering in Tingalpa but I lived there too, Peachdale St, before living in the mud and then abandoning Brisbland for good.

For some reason, I have to be melodic. My age/upbringing perhaps. I agree that the piece could be longer but such is what a short session allowed for. Paid work awaits.

@ aeox Thanks

Ah Peachdale, that's very near here. Sometimes I'll wander up there and look at the now million+ dollar homes for sale.
Yes , I tend to agree with the melodic thing, probably for similar age/upbringing reasons. But sometimes I like to forget all that and instead rely on things like filter and FM sweeps to give an illusion of melodic content.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2021

This is my second track entitled Twisted Acid Sherbet. It is 130 bpm and written in A Minor. Mostly reason devices but not solely stock (i used the legend on one patch) and one use of serum (sorry). Looking forward to hearing all the other tunes that get made before the deadline

Wav available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pczsrdomyk52 ... l.wav?dl=0

Track here

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2021

That's one robust Kik you done gotted there Mr Popey.

The mix balances nicely. For a sec there I thought you were using the "this world must be deeeestroyed" sample from Front 242.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2021

04 Oct 2021
That's one robust Kik you done gotted there Mr Popey.

The mix balances nicely. For a sec there I thought you were using the "this world must be deeeestroyed" sample from Front 242.

Hi Benedict thanks for the comments I am trying to get my head round mixing and compression etc so hopefully haven't overdone it. I don't think I know who front 242 are so will have to have a listen for the sample you refer too. πŸ˜€

Noise
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2021

Here's my 2nd track. Heavily inspired by 90's acid techno scene

"Acid Pattern 96"

3x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2021

Noise wrote: ↑
05 Oct 2021

"Acid Pattern 96"

3x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
Cool track, captured that era perfectly πŸ‘

PhillipOrdonez

05 Oct 2021

Noise dropping bombs ITT πŸ•Ί

Noise
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2021

Popey wrote: ↑
05 Oct 2021
Cool track, captured that era perfectly πŸ‘
Thanks Popey!

My current inspiration:
Joris Voorn Vinyl DJ Mix | Classic Acid Pt.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_VtNO4 ... JorisVoorn

I think this mix is the perfect homage to Acid Techno, some solid bangers in there.
Dj Misha & GrooveHead / DJ HMC / Emanuel Top / Adam Bayer.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2021

Hello there, I don't know if the entries have to be posted here or in the other thread! Anyways: here's my entry!

It was fun to write in this genre, it brought back some great feelings from the late 90s. I tried to hold back on the limiter knob, while mastering, trying to stay in line with the era. Hope you enjoy my littel track.

Some specs: SubTractor, Monotone, Ekss' SineSynth, Ekss' WaveMaster, Kong and UJAM's VD Phat.

Track is 130 bpm in Fminor key

Have a nice day!

Jagwah

15 Oct 2021

Blown away by these submissions so far!

I am just taking a small break so I'm sorry if I have been quiet, I have at least one track on its way, keep at it guys!

Jagwah

15 Oct 2021

30 Sep 2021
Here is something Acid i guess. Hope it fits the challenge / community mix ( I prefer to call it the latter :D )

Don't know if it fit the rules, I use a my minilogue XD to grab some acid sounds (need to use my investment lol)
1x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
1x Spire
1x The Legend

130 bpm

I actually saw this on Youtube and figured it was for this, friggen sick track!
28 Sep 2021

You too man holy crap that's wicked!!!! :o

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

Here is what I came up with. I've been juggling some other things in life so I have not had as much time as I'd like to work on it, but it's something to contribute at least.

There is a few odd clicks aand pops from subtractor envs going crazy but I just left it as is

edit: I realized I forgot to state my bpm/key. To be honest I have no idea what key it's in, and the bpm starts at 64 ends up at 125-127 bpm at different times.
Last edited by aeox on 16 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

BumCuddle

15 Oct 2021

15 Oct 2021
Here is what I came up with. I've been juggling some other things in life so I have not had as much time as I'd like to work on it, but it's something to contribute at least.

There is a few odd clicks aand pops from subtractor envs going crazy but I just left it as is
That intro was wonderful :clap:
Really enjoyed that journey! So much going on thank you.

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

BumCuddle wrote: ↑
15 Oct 2021
15 Oct 2021

That intro was wonderful :clap:
Really enjoyed that journey! So much going on thank you.
Thanks

I can't help but keep working on the track, maybe a v2 when I get some more time :) That way I can make the "drop" section more interesting! And maybe a second.

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

05 Oct 2021

"Acid Pattern 96"

3x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
Damn that minilogue has a nice filter eh?

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

Quarmat wrote: ↑
07 Oct 2021
Hello there, I don't know if the entries have to be posted here or in the other thread! Anyways: here's my entry!

It was fun to write in this genre, it brought back some great feelings from the late 90s. I tried to hold back on the limiter knob, while mastering, trying to stay in line with the era. Hope you enjoy my littel track.

Some specs: SubTractor, Monotone, Ekss' SineSynth, Ekss' WaveMaster, Kong and UJAM's VD Phat.

Track is 130 bpm in Fminor key

Have a nice day!

Whoa, was getting mord fustang vibes at 3:00.

Also 1:30... that's sounds great. Nice work

On the off chance that you haven't heard of that artist I'll PM you cool track :D

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

30 Sep 2021

1x Monotone
1x Minilogue XD
1x Spire
1x The Legend

130 bpm

Both of your tracks are great.

• Information