Simple Shimmer (R+ Stock Devices)

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
nickb523
RE Developer

04 Oct 2021

Here is a simple shimmerverb example for you guys to play around with. Combi requires Polar but everything else is stock. There is also an equal gain dry/wet control built on Thor that you can cut out of this patch and repurpose wherever you need it. ;)

simpleshimmerpic.png
simpleshimmerpic.png (36.98 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

Download here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UdW8xX ... sp=sharing

Cheers! :)
Last edited by nickb523 on 09 Oct 2021, edited 2 times in total.

thefixr

04 Oct 2021

This is fantastic!
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2021

Sounds great, thanks!

Lancaster

04 Oct 2021

That’s incredible man your sound design is so inspiring. By chance one of your packs was the first I installed I literally used one patch which then inspired an entire song lol

Heater

05 Oct 2021

Sounds really good.

nickb523
RE Developer

05 Oct 2021

Cheers for checking out the patch folks. Glad to hear you're finding it inspiring! :)

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2021

I've done a shimmer Combi using Processed Pianos. Going to try the Polar route and compare
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Heater

05 Oct 2021

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing

selig
RE Developer

05 Oct 2021

Sound amazing, I love all things that shimmer! BTW: technically the crossfader is "equal gain" rather than equal power since it has a -6dB center. Equal gain is easy to do, equal power is tricker and requires using the voice section of Thor (so needs to have an "always on" workaround). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2021

selig wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Sound amazing, I love all things that shimmer! BTW: technically the crossfader is "equal gain" rather than equal power since it has a -6dB center. Equal gain is easy to do, equal power is tricker and requires using the voice section of Thor (so needs to have an "always on" workaround). :)
With the new Combinator, I simply use the line mixer, together with the new Source Range controls - to create an equal gain crossfader - although I always thought the term was Constant Power.

Had to do the always on work around on Thor today using pulsar to trigger the gate, with Amp Env release on full.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

nickb523
RE Developer

05 Oct 2021

selig wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Cheers for clearing that up. Honestly, I was never sure of the right terms but equal gain makes more sense. Only reason I mentioned it as I've noticed a few folks having issues creating dry/wet controls and ending up resorting to using separate knobs for dry and wet or reaching for a RE. :)

selig
RE Developer

05 Oct 2021

deeplink wrote:
05 Oct 2021
selig wrote:
05 Oct 2021
With the new Combinator, I simply use the line mixer, together with the new Source Range controls - to create an equal gain crossfader - although I always thought the term was Constant Power.

Had to do the always on work around on Thor today using pulsar to trigger the gate, with Amp Env release on full.
Actually, that is a third type of crossfade! Equal/Constant Gain is - 6 dB center, Equal/Constant Power is -3 dB center. What you just described is essentially -0dB center.
My trigger approach with Thor is even simpler (and self contained) - just connect LFO 2 out into the Gate In (with the same amp envelope settings) and take the rate up to 10-15 Hz just to be sure. Note this patch won't be saved with the Thor Patch, so it will need to be in a Combinator. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

rgdaniel

05 Oct 2021

nickb523 wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Cheers for checking out the patch folks. Glad to hear you're finding it inspiring! :)
Sounds amazing!
Given it's only four knobs, any chance of a Reason 11 version?

nickb523
RE Developer

05 Oct 2021

rgdaniel wrote:
05 Oct 2021

Sounds amazing!
Sorry Bob, unfortunately I no longer have v11 installed but you are the second person to request a v11 version today so I might go back if I get a bit of free time. :)

rgdaniel

05 Oct 2021

nickb523 wrote:
05 Oct 2021
rgdaniel wrote:
05 Oct 2021

Sounds amazing!
Sorry Bob, unfortunately I no longer have v11 installed but you are the second person to request a v11 version today so I might go back if I get a bit of free time. :)
A shimmer of hope! :puf_smile:

selig
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

Hey Nick,
Here's an example of a Thor Crossfader with a variable curve/center point between -6 dB (Equal/Constant Gain) and -3 dB (Equal/Constant Power).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mitjkzio8afn ... r.zip?dl=0
And for fun, here's a wide version of your Simple Shimmer, using two RV4ks for true stereo, and cross panning the Polar shifters to further widen things out!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/blfruccf84a75 ... b.zip?dl=0
Selig Audio, LLC

moneykube

06 Oct 2021

rgdaniel wrote:
05 Oct 2021
nickb523 wrote:
05 Oct 2021

A shimmer of hope! :puf_smile:
yes please... why would you uninstall 11 with all the bugs happening in 12?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

nickb523
RE Developer

06 Oct 2021

selig wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Hey Nick,
Here's an example of a Thor Crossfader with a variable curve/center point between -6 dB (Equal/Constant Gain) and -3 dB (Equal/Constant Power).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mitjkzio8afn ... r.zip?dl=0
And for fun, here's a wide version of your Simple Shimmer, using two RV4ks for true stereo, and cross panning the Polar shifters to further widen things out!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/blfruccf84a75 ... b.zip?dl=0
Thanks Giles, I'll definitely be making use of that Thor example... super super useful! - It's amazing how many of these techniques have been almost forgotten since RE's appeared so it's great to see everyone chipping in bits and pieces of wisdom here and there. Feels good to have that community buzz back in the Reason scene.

Enhanced Simple Shimmer ain't too shabby either! :)

Cheers! :thumbup:

Marc64

07 Oct 2021

wow that shimmer combi is awesome. got started on a track immediately :) AWESOME! :)

PhillipOrdonez

07 Oct 2021

Quality patch! As expected. Thanks so much!

• Information