Reason Studios Communication Suggestion

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
OverneathTheSkyBridg
Posts: 370
Joined: 15 Jan 2016

Post 03 Oct 2021

Hi, I just want to suggest that Reason Studios establish a two pronged communication strategy that caters to both R+ and R Perpetual users. Clearly RS (Reason Studios) has identified a market of people willing to subscribe to their monthly service, so I feel as though RS should reassure both markets as to their continued relevance. Combinator 2 is at it's best in the R12 DAW environment, and this I feel is a big point to drive home the idea that multiple daws can contribute to an overall project.

User avatar
Greg Savage
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Oct 2021

Post 03 Oct 2021

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
03 Oct 2021
Hi, I just want to suggest that Reason Studios establish a two pronged communication strategy that caters to both R+ and R Perpetual users. Clearly RS (Reason Studios) has identified a market of people willing to subscribe to their monthly service, so I feel as though RS should reassure both markets as to their continued relevance. Combinator 2 is at it's best in the R12 DAW environment, and this I feel is a big point to drive home the idea that multiple daws can contribute to an overall project.
I feel like they've been doing this since the announcement of Reason+ Or maybe I'm mistaken.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Credits | Music Licensing |

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 03 Oct 2021

I just wish that:
a) they handled support issues a bit more practively/positively.
b) didn't assume that everyone is a clueless newbie who needs to be talked down to.

The latter is something many companies do these days. While I am delighted to have the basics covered if it is only that and only in the form of how to make Hip-Trap-Octa-Dribble (whilst dribbling about coffee & beards) it is rather demeaning to anyone who knows what is what already. It seems that is new clueless blood and burn 'n' churn the rest.

:-)

User avatar
Greg Savage
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Oct 2021

Post 03 Oct 2021

Benedict wrote:
03 Oct 2021
I just wish that:
a) they handled support issues a bit more practively/positively.
b) didn't assume that everyone is a clueless newbie who needs to be talked down to.

The latter is something many companies do these days. While I am delighted to have the basics covered if it is only that and only in the form of how to make Hip-Trap-Octa-Dribble (whilst dribbling about coffee & beards) it is rather demeaning to anyone who knows what is what already. It seems that is new clueless blood and burn 'n' churn the rest.

:-)
B)
That's so true. I've been using Reason since V1. I use to float in and out of recording studios teaching industry producers to use the program. Sometimes I start the support ticket with my experience and credits before getting into the issue just to avoid that.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Credits | Music Licensing |

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 03 Oct 2021

Despite pointing out that my new computer is new and pretty darned powerful, the first three answers were still suggesting that is is my poor old loser computer with 5400 drives. Sigh.

:-)

User avatar
Greg Savage
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Oct 2021

Post 03 Oct 2021

Benedict wrote:
03 Oct 2021
Despite pointing out that my new computer is new and pretty darned powerful, the first three answers were still suggesting that is is my poor old loser computer with 5400 drives. Sigh.

:-)
Oh wow. Yea, that's not good.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Credits | Music Licensing |

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 03 Oct 2021

It is just thoughtlessness - the fashion of the times.

:-)

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1706
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 04 Oct 2021

Benedict wrote:
03 Oct 2021
Despite pointing out that my new computer is new and pretty darned powerful, the first three answers were still suggesting that is is my poor old loser computer with 5400 drives. Sigh.

:-)
I suppose people were thinking of slow drives because the problem seems to be IO related. To me it looks like reason does try to stream the audio from disc and then fails when a project has a high track count. If they would pre buffer all the audiodata in RAM this could be avoided. another cause could be some kind of broken/limited memory allocator which runs out of memory buckets to assign to new sample data when the track count is too high and then suffers from memory fragmentation.
So in conclusion it is most likely a Reason bug and nothing wrong with your system.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 04 Oct 2021

I think the point here is that it was already made clear that it was not old gear, yet that Q was still made, several times. Indicating that the real issue was not being considered, merely dismissed.

No one likes having that done. And nor should a company as that is how they lose business.

And yet, still they come. Dun dun daaa! (song in War Of The Worlds melody).

:-)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: DotNetDotCom.org [Bot] and 0 guests