All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 04 Oct 2021

Many thanks. I have snapped up the 75 point voucher. Now like a kid in a sweet shop I just need to choose what to spend it on 😆

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Oct 2021

Give James a break. He’s made it better in the last two weeks than it’s been since it got introduced. He’s trying his best.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 716
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 04 Oct 2021

which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
None of them. They’ll end up native or in a bundle at some point. Lesson learned.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 1159
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 04 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
for me none I don't want a player making music for me and want 100% of my music and melodies

JohnnyFave
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Location: Canada

Post 04 Oct 2021

MrFigg wrote:
04 Oct 2021
Give James a break. He’s made it better in the last two weeks than it’s been since it got introduced. He’s trying his best.
True. The news and policy updates to Reason Rewards James has been sharing were long overdue, and most welcome. Judging by the comments in this forum, Reasoners are now finally beginning to use their Rewards points in a meaningful way, and in the spirit of what the Rewards program should have been. Myself including, have used some Rewards as of late. Well done, James.

loopeydoug
Posts: 136
Joined: 11 Oct 2018

Post 04 Oct 2021

How long has this 365-day expiration been a thing? I'm just learning about it now. I can only shake my head in confusion at the entire Rewards program. Thanks for nothing I guess? Surely, RS could've made more money by just politely asking for donations.

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 285
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 04 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
I have all three, and enjoy all three. QNG for controlled random, with more control than you might think. Polystep for predefined polyphonic sequences with interesting twists. Pattern Mutator if you write melodies/basslines and you want quick and useful variations.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
I enjoy pattern mutator. I use the step sequencer and then mutate. It's fun!
MrFigg wrote:
04 Oct 2021
None of them. They’ll end up native or in a bundle at some point. Lesson learned.
Who knows with Reason+ now. But this would seem to be more the viewpoint of a collector. If you can put something to use today using rewards points, why not? If someone would rather wait two years and then maybe another two years and so on, just to see if something might be included with Reason later, chances are, that's not the thing that would be useful for that person anyways.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
I've got them all

Quad note has never really hit the spot for me
Polystep is ok but sequences is better
Mutator is a strange one,

it's more interesting than you think I really wished that the steps went to 128 rather than 99 but if you're ok working with less than 8 bars it's ok

I've never really liked the mutations it produces on the note data but velocity and density changes do generate interest variations

As always I would suggest you trial it first but if you're just looking to get something from the rewards before they disappear it could be fun especially as given the choice I would pass on polystep in favour of sequences.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 716
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 04 Oct 2021

I was thinking of Pattern Mutator, and from the responses it seems like a good choice. I might as well trial it, and see if I get along with it. Thanks guys!

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1702
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 04 Oct 2021

loopeydoug wrote:
04 Oct 2021
How long has this 365-day expiration been a thing? I'm just learning about it now. I can only shake my head in confusion at the entire Rewards program. Thanks for nothing I guess? Surely, RS could've made more money by just politely asking for donations.
It has been there in the T&C of the reward programme right from the beginning, but so far it has not been put to work.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Oct 2021
MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
I enjoy pattern mutator. I use the step sequencer and then mutate. It's fun!
MrFigg wrote:
04 Oct 2021
None of them. They’ll end up native or in a bundle at some point. Lesson learned.
Who knows with Reason+ now. But this would seem to be more the viewpoint of a collector. If you can put something to use today using rewards points, why not? If someone would rather wait two years and then maybe another two years and so on, just to see if something might be included with Reason later, chances are, that's not the thing that would be useful for that person anyways.
Sure. Was only replying to his question about which players I myself would buy and why. But what you say is absolutely true.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 05 Oct 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Oct 2021
which player would you get from this list, and why?

-quad note generator
-polystep sequencer
-pattern mutator
I use QNG a lot as a pulse generator, it's very good at that, not so good at being melodic imo. Polystep is very good. I went for Sequences instead but I miss the alt pattern thingy and Sequences isn't in the reward shop. I just used my rewards on Pattern mutator, haven't checked it out properly yet.

I think hating on players is like hating on lfo.s for turning the knobs for you. I use them extensively in my sound design and still manage to play everything as a musician.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Oct 2021

James, perhaps you all could consider handling point expiration the same way Google Play does?

Google Play points expire 12 months from the date of your latest points activity.

This encourages the user to either spend the points or earn more points before the expiration.
https://play.google.com/about/points-terms/index.html

4. Point Expiration, Reversals and Refunds

4.1 Point Expiration. Unless otherwise specified by Google, your accumulated and unused points ("Point Balance") will expire 12 months from the date of your latest points activity

User avatar
WillyOD
Banned user
Posts: 281
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 05 Oct 2021

Mods, you keep removing my posts? Good work. Sorry if I hurt James's feelings, I usually call out liars on their bs, but I guess it's frowned upon on here?

I've asked Joey before to delete my account here on ReasonTalk because I've had enough of this circle jerk forums with ass moderators that only care about their post counts and being the first to reply to every concern someone might have and then defend Reason Studios every decision 'til the bitter end.

So I'm posting here. Please remove my account, please remove all my posts. Good luck with your chosen paths.

To Reason Studios:
I SINCERLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SOME DAY.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 1448
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Oct 2021

WillyOD wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Mods, you keep removing my posts? Good work. Sorry if I hurt James's feelings, I usually call out liars on their bs, but I guess it's frowned upon on here?

I've asked Joey before to delete my account here on ReasonTalk because I've had enough of this circle jerk forums with ass moderators that only care about their post counts and being the first to reply to every concern someone might have and then defend Reason Studios every decision 'til the bitter end.

So I'm posting here. Please remove my account, please remove all my posts. Good luck with your chosen paths.

To Reason Studios:
I SINCERLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SOME DAY.
Bye!

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 285
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 05 Oct 2021

WillyOD wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Mods, you keep removing my posts? Good work. Sorry if I hurt James's feelings, I usually call out liars on their bs, but I guess it's frowned upon on here?

I've asked Joey before to delete my account here on ReasonTalk because I've had enough of this circle jerk forums with ass moderators that only care about their post counts and being the first to reply to every concern someone might have and then defend Reason Studios every decision 'til the bitter end.

So I'm posting here. Please remove my account, please remove all my posts. Good luck with your chosen paths.

To Reason Studios:
I SINCERLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SOME DAY.
Nobody cares. You can stop crying now and make music.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 05 Oct 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2021
James, perhaps you all could consider handling point expiration the same way Google Play does?

Google Play points expire 12 months from the date of your latest points activity.

This encourages the user to either spend the points or earn more points before the expiration.
https://play.google.com/about/points-terms/index.html

4. Point Expiration, Reversals and Refunds

4.1 Point Expiration. Unless otherwise specified by Google, your accumulated and unused points ("Point Balance") will expire 12 months from the date of your latest points activity
It would be better if points on RS worked like virtual cash on PiB and stayed on your account until you actually used them.

I get that convincing 3rd party developers to take an even bigger loss might be difficult but if we could even just use rewards for every RS product that would be a reasonable position especially if it could just happen like PiB checkout works without having to claim a voucher and lose the change.

Would be nice to see the upgrade available along with the RS refills :thumbup:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Oct 2021

I actually care that a fellow Reason user here is potentially having some sort of personal crisis and the best responses so far have been "bye" and 'nobody cares, stop crying'. Have you people no empathy what so ever? Think before you respond to anyone anywhere, what you say does have an impact on how other people feel, regardless of them being abusive towards other members or RS staff; they have a right to vent frustrations in whatever way they feel is appropriate for how they feel, they also have a right to say how a situation is being handled. Obviously there is something up with this person to not want to be apart of the community any longer. Both responses to the initial post say a lot about what that may be, so why rub it in further. Deplorable.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 716
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 05 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Oct 2021
I actually care that a fellow Reason user here is potentially having some sort of personal crisis and the best responses so far have been "bye" and 'nobody cares, stop crying'. Have you people no empathy what so ever? Think before you respond to anyone anywhere, what you say does have an impact on how other people feel, regardless of them being abusive towards other members or RS staff; they have a right to vent frustrations in whatever way they feel is appropriate for how they feel, they also have a right to say how a situation is being handled. Obviously there is something up with this person to not want to be apart of the community any longer. Both responses to the initial post say a lot about what that may be, so why rub it in further. Deplorable.
Ditto! I couldn't agree more :)

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 1159
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 05 Oct 2021

75 points go to Friktion
and our 12 ponts go to Jaja ding dong

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 285
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 05 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Oct 2021
I actually care that a fellow Reason user here is potentially having some sort of personal crisis and the best responses so far have been "bye" and 'nobody cares, stop crying'. Have you people no empathy what so ever? Think before you respond to anyone anywhere, what you say does have an impact on how other people feel, regardless of them being abusive towards other members or RS staff; they have a right to vent frustrations in whatever way they feel is appropriate for how they feel, they also have a right to say how a situation is being handled. Obviously there is something up with this person to not want to be apart of the community any longer. Both responses to the initial post say a lot about what that may be, so why rub it in further. Deplorable.
This is a forum about software. It's not a 12-step program, a self-help group, or a counselling session, or kindergarten. It's also not a place where people call each other liars. If this guy has a problem with the way James has been working on improving the Rewards system, that's fine. If he's going to be abusive and call people liars, he's welcome to vent elsewhere.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
05 Oct 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Oct 2021
I actually care that a fellow Reason user here is potentially having some sort of personal crisis and the best responses so far have been "bye" and 'nobody cares, stop crying'. Have you people no empathy what so ever? Think before you respond to anyone anywhere, what you say does have an impact on how other people feel, regardless of them being abusive towards other members or RS staff; they have a right to vent frustrations in whatever way they feel is appropriate for how they feel, they also have a right to say how a situation is being handled. Obviously there is something up with this person to not want to be apart of the community any longer. Both responses to the initial post say a lot about what that may be, so why rub it in further. Deplorable.
This is a forum about software. It's not a 12-step program, a self-help group, or a counselling session, or kindergarten. It's also not a place where people call each other liars. If this guy has a problem with the way James has been working on improving the Rewards system, that's fine. If he's going to be abusive and call people liars, he's welcome to vent elsewhere.
You're sure it's not kindergarten, because your reply was extremely childish. In fact a child would know better, even when they're told off that their behaviour is not acceptable.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
Forum Helper
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 05 Oct 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Oct 2021
huggermugger wrote:
05 Oct 2021

This is a forum about software. It's not a 12-step program, a self-help group, or a counselling session, or kindergarten. It's also not a place where people call each other liars. If this guy has a problem with the way James has been working on improving the Rewards system, that's fine. If he's going to be abusive and call people liars, he's welcome to vent elsewhere.
You're sure it's not kindergarten, because your reply was extremely childish. In fact a child would know better, even when they're told off that their behaviour is not acceptable.
Hello AttenuationHz!

My system has alerted me to this situation. I hope I can help to resolve this conflict.

Everybody please read and review the forum rules.

AttenuationHz, I would like to refer you to a comment made moments before you attacked forum member, huggermugger:
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Think before you respond to anyone anywhere, what you say does have an impact on how other people feel, regardless of them being abusive towards other members or RS staff
Please report any issues to a forum moderator. Thank you!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baylo, Ottostrom and 9 guests