All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WasteLand

02 Oct 2021

indeed, thanks for listening, not all is bad...

great that is considered that you can apply coupons when a Reason Studios Rack Extension, but does it only will work for large vouchers?

and the problem of expiring points.

as many times sayed in this thread, you don't build up a lot, so Reward Points become only interesting after some time, longer than a year..

but the Reward Store is finally better, i hope it will improved more.

especially as a gesture for long-time customers, or shorter-time customers (like me), i went from R10 to R11 Suite to R12, and all the commotion...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

huggermugger

02 Oct 2021

In the visible history, I only have 32 points, but it seems to go back a year. Obviously, I have more points. Are they about to expire? Do I take my chances and wait? Who knows?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.39.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.39.29 AM.png (43.44 KiB) Viewed 2561 times

AnotherMathias

02 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
02 Oct 2021
In the visible history, I only have 32 points, but it seems to go back a year. Obviously, I have more points. Are they about to expire? Do I take my chances and wait? Who knows?
Yep, that illustrates the problem perfectly.

I got nervous and ended up just getting a $100 voucher (I had 101 points). Now I have just 60 days to buy something, but at least now the oldest points won’t disappear on me.
Of course, with a $100 voucher I’m restricted to getting a Reason Studios RE, but I don’t yet have Algoritm or Friktion, so I’ll probably end up getting one of those

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Hi there, thanks for sharing this. It definitely looks like there may be an issue here, and regardless, this needs to be clearer I agree. Let me report back to you on Monday, after I can have a deeper look with a colleague.

Billy+

02 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021
huggermugger wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Hi there, thanks for sharing this. It definitely looks like there may be an issue here, and regardless, this needs to be clearer I agree. Let me report back to you on Monday, after I can have a deeper look with a colleague.
James, why do reward points expire?

And why can't you make it work directly at the checkout rather than having to claim a voucher?
It would be much better if we could just enter an amount to use and be able to keep the change

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021

And why can't you make it work directly at the checkout rather than having to claim a voucher?
It would be much better if we could just enter an amount to use and be able to keep the change
Yes, I agree, that would indeed be much better. But Rewards is an existing product I've started to look at and tried to improve incrementally, quickly, without throwing it out and starting over, which would be a much larger initiative. So there are lots of things that could be better, that we could make better, but I'm starting with the easy, quick wins first. I'll try to get through these and then start to look at what could be done longer-term.

Billy+

02 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Oct 2021

Yes, I agree, that would indeed be much better. But Rewards is an existing product I've started to look at and tried to improve incrementally, quickly, without throwing it out and starting over, which would be a much larger initiative. So there are lots of things that could be better, that we could make better, but I'm starting with the easy, quick wins first. I'll try to get through these and then start to look at what could be done longer-term.
What's the chances of getting the rewards back that haven't been used?

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021

Honestly, probably 0, given that'd be a real logistical challenge to figure out re: how far in time do you go back, and for which users etc.

Billy+

02 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Oct 2021

Honestly, probably 0, given that'd be a real logistical challenge to figure out re: how far in time do you go back, and for which users etc.
Appreciate the honesty
as for re: how far back and for who
I guess it would be excellent if it was for everyone who acquired points and lost them without actually turning them into a voucher.

Although I do see that it could create a lot of work for someone if it couldn't be automated via accounts and transactions. Just thinking about myself I have purchased everything that is currently an RS product and have purchased every major version upto R11 I'm guessing that is quite a few points but I've never used a single one.

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2021

jamespember, if the issue with reward points is that RS somehow forgot to implement their removal after 1 year (many of us see that they are not expiring), then please, please do not suddenly "fix" this by removing all our points that are older than 1 year. At least give us a couple of days heads up, so we could buy something.
Honestly, it looks like artificial limitation, and I don't think that points should expire ever.

WasteLand

02 Oct 2021

Imaginary191 wrote:
02 Oct 2021
jamespember, if the issue with reward points is that RS somehow forgot to implement their removal after 1 year (many of us see that they are not expiring), then please, please do not suddenly "fix" this by removing all our points that are older than 1 year. At least give us a couple of days heads up, so we could buy something.
Honestly, it looks like artificial limitation, and I don't think that points should expire ever.
agreed, or another solution. because indeed the Reward Points seem not to expire.

and that they can expire, well, that wasn't clear to anyone. now it is, but they don't expire.....

it seems to me fair, that loyal customers, also get loyality from RS *Reason Studios*.

and indeed, the Reward Store has already been improved, you communicate, and are honest. that is the way. as always, of course.

but if, indeed, the Reward Store can be used with a sale, only Reason Rack Extensions for instance, let say it in marketing terms..; it will please customers that upgraded a lot, or upgraded to R12, and the road map is long (a map that is long...??), that they have some kind of offer, for buying into Reason, a, yes, Reward!

as another brand offered a free plugin, because another plugin i owned, had a (known) problem, and the fix will not be soon.. it is a well known fact, that works... you will keep buying from that brand...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

huggermugger

02 Oct 2021

Imaginary191 wrote:
02 Oct 2021
THIS

huggermugger

02 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021
huggermugger wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Thanks James your responses are much appreciated.

client6

03 Oct 2021

WillyOD wrote:
03 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Unless your rewards system was coded by a summer intern web developer, and you have some kinda of a database going on...

Should be simple as running a query or two in SQL.

Sincerly.
Yeah...if there is a way the system keeps track of the age of the points then it is surely advanced enough to search retroactively...unless the data was purged because they needed to recover 3kb....

The system in its current iteration seems to encourage disappointment and frustration with dedicated users rather than reward them. And I love RS and have defended other issues...but this is how it feels currently.

ikaracha

03 Oct 2021

I got a $100 voucher. For some reason, when I try to apply this during checkout I get:

"Code is not valid".

Any suggestions?

client6

03 Oct 2021

ikaracha wrote:
03 Oct 2021
I got a $100 voucher. For some reason, when I try to apply this during checkout I get:

"Code is not valid".

Any suggestions?
What are you attempting to purchase?

ikaracha

03 Oct 2021

client6 wrote:
03 Oct 2021
ikaracha wrote:
03 Oct 2021

"Code is not valid".

Any suggestions?
What are you attempting to purchase?
ReSpire, which is listed in the Rewards Store. Am I doing something wrong?

ikaracha

03 Oct 2021

Quick edit: I realized what was wrong: I can only buy Reason Studios (old Propellerheads) extensions for $100. Correct?

eusti

03 Oct 2021

ikaracha wrote:
03 Oct 2021
Quick edit: I realized what was wrong: I can only buy Reason Studios (old Propellerheads) extensions for $100. Correct?
Yes!

D.

jamespember
Reason Studios

04 Oct 2021

Update: The 75 point voucher is now live. We're now looking into the issues re: expiry.

Regarding the retroactive thing. Of course it's easy technically, it's more a question of policy.

jamespember
Reason Studios

04 Oct 2021

Iggster wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Hi James.

Is there a reason why there's no £/$75 voucher especially after adding a £/$125?

It would make a lot of sense as its the only remaining gap in the voucher values up to £/$125.

Thanks Craig
There is now a 75 voucher live.

Loque

04 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
04 Oct 2021
Iggster wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Hi James.

Is there a reason why there's no £/$75 voucher especially after adding a £/$125?

It would make a lot of sense as its the only remaining gap in the voucher values up to £/$125.

Thanks Craig
:clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Kilsane

04 Oct 2021

I already have all the REs I wanted in the rewards store and today I am losing points because I have nothing to use them, maybe one day it would be possible to use the points for months of '' Reason + subscription ?

Carrick

04 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
04 Oct 2021
Iggster wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Hi James.

Thanks Craig
Thanks for the option! Alas it doesn't work, i always get the "code not valid" message when i want to use 75€ voucher.

(As a side note the rewards store show the 75€ voucher in the same categorie as the lower ones, i.e. redeemable for all products in the rewards store, which is pretty good!)

jamespember
Reason Studios

04 Oct 2021

Carrick wrote:
04 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
04 Oct 2021

Thanks for the option! Alas it doesn't work, i always get the "code not valid" message when i want to use 75€ voucher.

(As a side note the rewards store show the 75€ voucher in the same categorie as the lower ones, i.e. redeemable for all products in the rewards store, which is pretty good!)
Pls try again, there was still some fixes being deployed.

• Information