Goodhertz Vulf Compressor Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
cgijoe

02 Oct 2021

I'm a big fan of the Vulf Compressor by Goodhertz. I'm also really enjoying the new combinator, and inspired by Quarmat's OTT Combinator wrapper, I thought I'd take a stab at making my own combinator for the vulf comp.

This is my time designing something like this, so feedback is welcome. Please don't be too harsh - I'm doing this for fun!

Here's a download for the combinator if you care to try it out. You will need the VulfComp VST

edit: fixed noise/crunch routing error
edit2: added HD button, set minimum in.out to 1.3% instead of 0% so that default patch values (where 0db is set on knobs) actually matches 0db
VulfCompDefault.zip
(504.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Attachments
vulf_comp_combinator_hq_preview.png
vulf_comp_combinator_hq_preview.png (566.74 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Last edited by cgijoe on 02 Oct 2021, edited 2 times in total.

PhillipOrdonez

02 Oct 2021

This compressor is my secret drum bus sauce 🤫 ;)

cgijoe

02 Oct 2021

Amen to that. It pairs so well with the Kong Transient shaper combi too.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2021

When I first discovered Vulfpeck in, I think 2012, I also learned about this compressor, but boy the pricetag is high. Is it really worth 150 bucks?

Nice interface though, good job!

cgijoe

02 Oct 2021

Thanks Quarmat! It sounds great with drums, especially throwing it on some of the Reason Drums Kit Rack sounds can get some beautiful sounding percussion. I think I got it during a black friday sale some years back, so they had a 3 for 1 deal and picked up a few other Goodhertz plugins as well. I definitely use the vulf comp more than any other. It's just so simple and dials into something really nice super easily. If I'm not mistaken, you can trial it for a week or so on their website without having to purchase.

Wook

06 Oct 2021

Amazing. Thank you.

• Information