Scales & Chords: keyboard split in combinator needed

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Wubek

02 Oct 2021

Hi!
I have such problem with controlling Scale & Chords:

I would like to send forward:
a) 1 note(1 key press) - if I press key form C1 to B3 on my psychical keyboard
b) number od notes (1,2,3,4 or 5) chosen in Chords section in "Scales % Chords") - if I press key form C4 to E6 on my psychical keyboard
- see attached jpg for better understanding

I thing combinator (and maybe some additional devices) is needed to create such playing effect.
I need it for my 4 specific devices simulating guitars: some keys (on a left side to C4) control phrases (it is right hand of real guitarist), other keys (on a right side from C4) control chords (it is right hand of real guitarist).
If I use Scale and Chords left side of my instruments doesn't work properly because Scale and Chords cannot point chosen Phrase...
I am sitting several days to solve that issue... but now I give up... I'm not so experience to solve such (maybe banal) problem...
Please help! (maybe combinator patch some of you can create and publish?)

Thanks in advance
Voytek
Attachments
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (205.09 KiB) Viewed 509 times

challism

02 Oct 2021

So in this particular case, all you have to do is turn off the "chords" setting in Scales & Chords. Because A-list Acoustic Guitarist already makes the chords for you, there is no need for Scales & Chords to do it.
sch.JPG
sch.JPG (145.05 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

challism

02 Oct 2021

But that solution works because A-list is making the chords for you. Your question still has a valid application if you were trying to use Scales and Chords to play another (not A-list guitarist) instruments. In which case, you would be required to use a combination of other players available in the shop. There are always many ways to do something in Reason, but this is one way it could be done. This uses LoveOne MIDI CV Converter (can be substituted for free with Lectric Panda CVPT - thank you, Panda!), Andrew Russell Denote (can be substituted for free with Lectric Panda UTL - thanks again, Panda) and Le Note Receive Note (free RE - thank you, Le Note).

Important: Notice Receive Note is turned OFF!

Here's a Combi2 file (R12 required)
sc&ch isolate.zip
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
sc&ch.png
sc&ch.png (225.62 KiB) Viewed 499 times

challism

03 Oct 2021

I like to build things more complicated than needed. That setup in my previous post is great of doing some more complicated things, but for the needs you described, this much simpler method also works....

Just duplicate the player and instrument. Then adjust the key range for each instrument.
Combi2 Reason 12 patch
combi split.zip
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
x2.JPG
x2.JPG (280.19 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Mataya

04 Oct 2021

What does Le Note do? Don't know how to use that anyway. Sorry for going off the subject a bit.

Thanks
M

challism

06 Oct 2021

Mataya wrote:
04 Oct 2021
What does Le Note do? Don't know how to use that anyway. Sorry for going off the subject a bit.

Thanks
M
Le Note Receive Note is such a great tool for player stacks. I use it all the time, in combination with LoveOne MIDI-CV Converter. Basically what Receive Note does is it stops ALL the MIDI information from passing thru it. Similar to what Andrew Russell DeNote or TonicMint Note Limiter & In-Range do (but those device allow selection/specific notes to block/pass... Receive Note is an all or nothing setting).
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (192.99 KiB) Viewed 393 times

• Information