Reason Studios shares their roadmap (September 7, 2021)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oper-8

19 Sep 2021

@AttenuationHz : I'm not dumb, I didn't say I've been sending email after email. I'm talking about a 2,5-year time span. When I say 10 times, it must be 6 or 7, I don't really remember. I understand the support team is overwhelmed with requests, and I didn't say they were servants, but it's their job anyway.

As for the beta, I know it's anotheris section of the website. I can't access this section, precisely, although I had invites for V11 and V12, therefore I know I'm on the list. I've just tried to apply through your link, and it says I've already signed up for this beta testing phase.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Creativemind

19 Sep 2021

SuryaDnB wrote:
19 Sep 2021
Creativemind wrote:
11 Sep 2021
There are a lot of effects missing as stock in Reason:- Exciter, Waveshaper, Transient Shaper (yes I know there's one in Kong but not standalone), De-Esser (not interested in Combinators), Metering Tool, Clip Distortion, Multiband Compressor, Saturator, Test Oscillator and Vectorscope / Goniometer. As for Saturation and Clip Distortion though, they could just update Scream and put those 2 into there along with other things.
+1 for most of these, though the Softube Saturation Knob is pretty darn good, and free as RE or VST
Yes it is.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

19 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
I actually have a problem with the company itself. Their support hates me so much that nobody in that bloody company ever bothers replying to any of my messages. It's been the case since a bunch of years, and they started to do this simply because I kept asking the same question over and over again to the support.
I don't think it's hate, but instead you simply worked your way to the blacklist for spamming. So no hard feelings on their side, I suppose.

Oper-8

19 Sep 2021

But then, how perverse is it to invite someone you blacklisted to two beta versions though you blocked access to betas for him ?
Spamming ? With one question every 3 months ? It would mean that asking a legitimate question (as a loyal long-time user), never getting a reply, and asking again every 3 months or so, is spamming.
My opinion is that either they're just an inefficient support team, and/or they just don't care about their users.

Sorry for being off-topic, by the way. If anyone from RS would like to transparently explain this to me, I'm all ears.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

EnochLight

19 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Oper-8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
I did, 10 times (though it's not a bug, they hate me anyway). 10 times and they never even bothered replying.
Transparency, they say. "We're listening to you", they say.
With all this betrayal, lost trust and failed communication, it sounds like a pretty toxic relationship. What keeps you coming back?
This is the fifty million dollar question...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2021
Nostalgia.

AttenuationHz

19 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
19 Sep 2021
But then, how perverse is it to invite someone you blacklisted to two beta versions though you blocked access to betas for him ?
Spamming ? With one question every 3 months ? It would mean that asking a legitimate question (as a loyal long-time user), never getting a reply, and asking again every 3 months or so, is spamming.
My opinion is that either they're just an inefficient support team, and/or they just don't care about their users.

Sorry for being off-topic, by the way. If anyone from RS would like to transparently explain this to me, I'm all ears.
Those dirty machines and their automated emails, someone ought to teach them a lesson.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oper-8

20 Sep 2021

@AttenuationHz : Is this supposed to be funny ?
EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2021
Totally unrelated question, by the way. I'm talking about how the support never gets back to me, and I'm asked why I'm still here. Anyway.

avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Totally unrelated question, by the way. I'm talking about how the support never gets back to me, and I'm asked why I'm still here. Anyway.
can someone just share this on the beta test forum for RS staff to pick up if they're not receiving the emails?

oyvindur

27 Sep 2021

oyvindur wrote:
07 Sep 2021
[...]
As for roadmap feedback, the two features I want the most are not mentioned:
* MPE support
* Softube Console One integration.
[...]
When it comes to Console One support, this is only for Console One users. Still, most professional DAWs do have integration. So it would be great if Reason could at least do the bare minimum, like remembering track order so that it's not a complete mess every time I open a project. Transfer of track name would also be nice. Full integration would be just amazing. My guess is that this is a reasonably low hanging fruit, at least the minimum stuff. Also, Softube is a Swedish company. So what about hiring a bus and go to Linköping for a team building workshop together with Softube and implement it over the weekend? (From my understanding after emailing their support, they want to help DAW vendors implement this.)
Perhaps just wishful thinking, but maybe Presonus VST3 Extensions would add Softube Console One support, if implemented together with VST3 support?

If so, Presouns VST3 Extensions is most def on my wishlist.

Arrant
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2021

I haven't seen this shared on the forum yet, it's an update from the CTO:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/enab ... sic-making

She talks about the core underlying technology and standardisation, I think this is nice update.
If I were CTO I would focus (after the R12 bugfixes mind) on making Reason the best DAW in the world for handling standards like VST3 and MPE, and while those standards are not mentioned as such it looks like she is at least thinking along the same lines.

EnochLight

28 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
28 Sep 2021

She talks about the core underlying technology and standardisation, I think this is nice update.
If I were CTO I would focus (after the R12 bugfixes mind) on making Reason the best DAW in the world for handling standards like VST3 and MPE, and while those standards are not mentioned as such it looks like she is at least thinking along the same lines.
REX support in the RE SDK is definitely in the right direction (although honestly, this should have been part and parcel when sample support was introduced years ago, IMHO). The native M1 support doesn't mean anything to me, as I am primarily on Windows, but it obviously needs to happen to keep Reason relevant. I know a lot of Mac users out there should be happy about that.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DaveyG

28 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
28 Sep 2021
Arrant wrote:
28 Sep 2021

REX support in the RE SDK is definitely in the right direction (although honestly, this should have been part and parcel when sample support was introduced years ago, IMHO). The native M1 support doesn't mean anything to me, as I am primarily on Windows, but it obviously needs to happen to keep Reason relevant. I know a lot of Mac users out there should be happy about that.
Native M1 support does need to happen but there is some angst on other DAW forums from Mac users who have discovered that when they use the M1 version of WhateverDAW many of their VSTs don't work because they need to be M1 too. Of course, that will all come good in time but for now many users are going back to using Rosetta whilst they wait for the VST companies to catch up.

artotaku

28 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
28 Sep 2021
Arrant wrote:
28 Sep 2021

This article is about updating the REX SDK not the RE SDK. Which does not mean that the RE SDK will not have support for REX loops in one of the next releases. Let´s see what comes up.

EnochLight

28 Sep 2021

artotaku wrote:
28 Sep 2021
This article is about updating the REX SDK not the RE SDK. Which does not mean that the RE SDK will not have support for REX loops in one of the next releases. Let´s see what comes up.
Oooooo and so it does - nice catch! My bad...

thx

30 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
28 Sep 2021
If I were CTO I would focus... on making Reason the best DAW in the world...
I don't mean to be mean, but if I can save you from years of forlorn hope that can only sour into mournful despair, this is never going to happen. Have a good 'un!

EnochLight

30 Sep 2021

thx wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I don't mean to be mean, but if I can save you from years of forlorn hope that can only sour into mournful despair, this is never going to happen. Have a good 'un!
Counterpoint: it already is the best for many users. ;)

huggermugger

30 Sep 2021

Under development

Smart browser – October
In Reason 12 we delivered a new fresh and fast browsing experience. In October we plan to ship an update that organizes all your content in a better way and makes finding patches and sounds much easier

WOULD THIS INCLUDE FIXING THE NON-COLLAPSING FOLDERS BUG?

Under investigation

Immediate musical results – Reason can take on many roles, but we believe its strength is getting ideas going quickly. We're investigating improvements to the current workflow, sequencer, and more.

WAY MORE URGENT THAN MORE BUTTONS AND DIALS FOR THE COMBINATOR 2.

Authorization/Offline mode for Reason+ – We know that many of you depend on Reason and Reason+ in situations where there’s not always internet access. For Reason owners, authorization can sometimes be flaky and there is currently no way to use Reason+ without Internet-access. We are researching a new solution to solve both issues, hitting two drums with one stick so to speak.

GIVEN YOUR SERVER'S DUBIOUS TRACK RECORD, THIS IS PRETTY DAMNED IMPORTANT. I FOR ONE WOULDN'T EVEN THINK OF SUBSCRIBING IF I HAD TO RELY ON FLAKY SERVERS TO GIVE ME PERMISSION TO USE THE SOFTWARE I'VE PAID FOR.

thx

01 Oct 2021

EnochLight wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Counterpoint: it already is the best for many users. ;)
Haha true!

Optimistically, perhaps one day I might see an update worth jumping on, where the pros outweigh the cons.

I'm on Reason 5.

mimidancer

11 Oct 2021

Something I would enjoy in future updates is more implementation of dotted times in synced delays and whatnot. Right now I just do the math in ms or tune it in my ear. But if the tempo has to be adjusted I find myself jumping all around to find the arrant echos. I really love the character of The Echo. I know a few devices already have dotted times. BUT that is my only complaint. Whenever I say something critical I feel compelled to say something positive. SO I will add the ducking on the echo is amazing.

mimidancer

11 Oct 2021

After I read through this thread something came to me. Reason does not have a wavesequencing synth. Like what you could do in the TS/ASR (hyperwave) series by Ensoniq or like the Korg Wavestation. A must is that the wave sequences lock in time with the Reason sequencer. What could be a super cool reason-ee twist would be to incorporate rex file use. It would for sure need some kind of XY control as well. The seeming new 8 slot reason standard would work for samples. And stutter modulation would make it fun. That ono knob compressor is a must and I'd like the tape mod from the UMPF Retro on there. I love that tape mod more than every other one I have tried. I know there are wavetable synths in reason. But one can produce different results with an actual wave sequencing engine. And choosing the distinct waves would be part of the fun of making it your own. I would name it Entangled Wave Sequencer. EWS would be like the gravitational waves of two colliding neutron stars. Now I am overselling the idea. I am sure no one will cosign this.
Last edited by mimidancer on 13 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

11 Oct 2021

mimidancer wrote:
11 Oct 2021
After I read through this thread something came to me. Reason does not have a wavesequencing synth. Like what you could do in the TS/ASR (hyperwave) series by Ensoniq or like the Korg Wavestation.
One of my favorite libraries from back in the day was a series called “The Art of Transwaves” for the Ensoniq ASR-10. I had it on CD-ROM and loaded it via a SCSI drive. :thumbup:

mimidancer

11 Oct 2021

EnochLight wrote:
11 Oct 2021
mimidancer wrote:
11 Oct 2021
After I read through this thread something came to me. Reason does not have a wavesequencing synth. Like what you could do in the TS/ASR (hyperwave) series by Ensoniq or like the Korg Wavestation.
One of my favorite libraries from back in the day was a series called “The Art of Transwaves” for the Ensoniq ASR-10. I had it on CD-ROM and loaded it via a SCSI drive. :thumbup:
So it could be cool. no? Do you still use the ASR 10?

DJMaytag

11 Oct 2021

mimidancer wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Something I would enjoy in future updates is more implementation of dotted times in synced delays and whatnot.
What devices can’t do this?

EnochLight

11 Oct 2021

mimidancer wrote:
11 Oct 2021
Do you still use the ASR 10?
I sold my ASR-10, SCSI CD-ROM, and all libraries (about 30 floppies and a dozen or so CD-ROM) about 20 years ago - not too long after I had settled into using Reason 1.0. :thumbup:

• Information