Reason 12.2.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 29 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Uh.. guys, is anyone having problems with "Bounce in place" now?

I have a simple sequencer clip on a combinator track which I try to bounce, it gives the error:
Capture.PNG

The same operation works in my R11 version of the project.
Here is the routing of the combi, looks great to me? The track is connected to the bottom combinator, which is the instrument.
And I can bounce *some* other tracks, but not all. Is there something fuzzy connected to the insert FX removal?
Capture2.jpg
I can make logging assert when bouncing and get the prompt you get in release with a similar patch. Reported it anyway. Connect the output to the combi and it should work, there is no physical cable in the signal chain connected to the mix channel:
 
Opera Snapshot_2021-09-30_002447_forum.reasontalk.com.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3023
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Sep 2021
QVprod wrote:
29 Sep 2021


I'm definitely happy about this! :cool:


Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.52.44 PM.png


Some of my patches even made it to the marketing


Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.57.09 PM.png
Some great names there! Cool to have your name in a list with the Shocklees :clap:

I have some patches in Reason REs, but they aren't built-in, so I don't get to be in the cool list lol.
Sounds like they need to get you on board somehow. This is a first. Last thing I did was a demo song for the NSL BFD Jazz and Funk refill.

...

Surprised to still hear of bugs. The release notes don't say anything about the browser graphics so we know those are still on the way. Other than that, still running smooth on my end. Saw someone mention Waves' Sibalance and thorns fine for me too on Mac. Bounce in place is working as expected here as well. I'm curious if there are any hardware specifications that increased that could be causing issues.

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 216
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 Sep 2021

The graphical performance improvements are very noticeable with this update :thumbs_up:

Previously, adjusting any control in the rack felt choppy, like it was running at a lower frame rate than before. RRP didn't have this issue. Now standalone feels like RRP and what I remember from R11. Also, resizing the Mixer/Rack/Sequencer panels feels less choppy.

Hopefully browser fixes are coming next. There's still the issue of the browser not remembering which devices are collapsed. And performance overall is a bit inconsistent. Folder icons are also slow to load I've noticed, I guess because they're not indexed.

Nice update overall. I no longer feel like R12 was a downgrade performance-wise :clap:

Edit: fwiw I'm on mac with decent discrete graphics (Pro Vega 20)

User avatar
kb420
Posts: 10
Joined: 04 Feb 2015

Post 29 Sep 2021

(Post Deleted)
Sooooooooo,  you shut down the forums?  Bad move Props!!!!!

User avatar
Arrant
Posts: 442
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Arrant wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Uh.. guys, is anyone having problems with "Bounce in place" now?
I can make logging assert when bouncing and get the prompt you get in release with a similar patch. Reported it anyway. Connect the output to the combi and it should work, there is no physical cable in the signal chain connected to the mix channel:
 
Thanks for confirming and reporting it. Your workaround doesn't work though, still the same error.
Connecting the inputs has never been necessary for combis unles you want to use it as an effect, as you probably know.
Last edited by Arrant on 30 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arrant
Posts: 442
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

stratatonic wrote:
29 Sep 2021
hurricane wrote:
29 Sep 2021



When are you fixing the device folders that don't stay collapsed?
That's part of the October Roadmap Smart Browser Update.
Do you know this or are you speculating?

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 30 Sep 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Yeah, we noticed that a bit too late but didn't want to hold back the other bugfixes just for that. Fixed together with all remaining hi-res assets in the next update! :geek:
Hi Mattias

Sorry to button-hole you like this but no one seems to want to talk to me about this issue:

Reason is not coping with high-track-count mixes. Anything up to about 60-70 Audio tracks seems to behave fine so long as the files are 16/44. This one with 126 tracks is failing every time.

Image

I can import all 126 tracks and they play - at first.
However once I have done all the arranging into buses, colors etc, they will not play. The Disc not coping light comes on and some or no tracks play.
Saving and reopening (incl a Win ReStart) does not help.
Save & Optimize just stalls forever (as you see above).
All of this screams Memory Issues so I hoped this fix addressing memory might be the solution but no. The image above is latest version of Reason.

Before you say Drive or PC issues, this is a pretty new Dell XPS i7 with an NVIDIA 2070 Super, SSD + HDD. Plus these very same files load and play (incl all the bussing etc) in Reaper (and Harrison Mixbs)
Image

I would really appreciate some real dialog on this as the best I get so far on this and the similar issue with one very long audio file with lots of edits is to be told it will be passed to the coders (probably code for outer space).

It is embarrassing to be a Reason champion and have Reason fail in front of paying clients. Then to have to resort to Reaper to solve the situation (as much as one can say mixing in Reaper is a solution to anything :o ).

Thanks
:-)

User avatar
Benedict
Posts: 2631
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Post 30 Sep 2021

I also just discovered that now some controls just go AWOL whilst using Reason.

Image

Hmmm
:-)

User avatar
tronam
Posts: 459
Joined: 04 Mar 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

I know we still have a ways to go, but I'm glad to see a new update so soon after release. The quicker we get this rebuilt Reason foundation stabilized again, the better. It was always such a defining trait of the program. One nice improvement I've noticed is that multi-core audio rendering is now working properly on my M1 Mac. That's nice! I am experiencing a slight graphics bug though using the Dark theme in the right corner of the transport bar. Anyone else getting this?
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.48.04 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

jaeproduced
Posts: 127
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 30 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I know we still have a ways to go, but I'm glad to see a new update so soon after release. The quicker we get this rebuilt Reason foundation stabilized again, the better. It was always such a defining trait of the program. One nice improvement I've noticed is that multi-core audio rendering is now working properly on my M1 Mac. That's nice! I am experiencing a slight graphics bug though using the Dark theme in the right corner of the transport bar. Anyone else getting this?
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.48.04 PM.png
Yes I'm seeing the exact same thing...

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 1159
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 30 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I know we still have a ways to go, but I'm glad to see a new update so soon after release. The quicker we get this rebuilt Reason foundation stabilized again, the better. It was always such a defining trait of the program. One nice improvement I've noticed is that multi-core audio rendering is now working properly on my M1 Mac. That's nice! I am experiencing a slight graphics bug though using the Dark theme in the right corner of the transport bar. Anyone else getting this?
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.48.04 PM.png
that has been acknowledgedby by RS in this Thread first page and was discovered to late and they did not want to delay the bug fixes so that will be dark in next update

Przemyslaw
Posts: 48
Joined: 05 Jan 2018

Post 30 Sep 2021

Project from R10 - 89 tracks, a lot of vst & rack extensions
Win10, 14core cpu, 32GB ram, RX580 8GB GPU, computer to make music only - no games and other software. Latest drivers, latest update of R12

R10 : 36-43% CPU, 8400MB RAM, 0.1% GPU - smooth graphics, smooth music
R12 : 35-46% CPU, 0.8-11.2% GPU - graphics freezes (1-3frames per second) and music glitches every few seconds

Project opened in R12 saved and optimized. Slightly higher CPU is due to many "combi mixers" automaticaly created from R10 project I think.

I don't know if it is an old song from R10 played on R12 or fact that I have both applications installed on computer but R12 is still unusable for me. Any ideas folks ?

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 30 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
30 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Sep 2021


I can make logging assert when bouncing and get the prompt you get in release with a similar patch. Reported it anyway. Connect the output to the combi and it should work, there is no physical cable in the signal chain connected to the mix channel:
 
Thanks for confirming and reporting it. Your workaround doesn't work though, still the same error.
Connecting the inputs has never been necessary for combis unles you want to use it as an effect, as you probably know.
That's funny because I can't reproduce it with the same patch now.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 30 Sep 2021

Benedict wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I also just discovered that now some controls just go AWOL whilst using Reason.

Image

Hmmm
:-)
I'm convinced nobody in RS test on Windows, so many issues with Windows that are not present on Macs. Is there any improvements if you delete the cache in %AppData%\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason should be a folder with 'username_somenumbers' this folder stores the waveform data of audio. I noticed that if I deleted this in r11 for projects that have high edit counts especially stereo edits, Reason would be responsive.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

djadalaide
Posts: 233
Joined: 11 May 2018

Post 30 Sep 2021

Is there a direct download for the update? I'm having connection problems and need to resume the download.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7443
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 30 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Benedict wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I also just discovered that now some controls just go AWOL whilst using Reason.

Image

Hmmm
:-)
I'm convinced nobody in RS test on Windows, so many issues with Windows that are not present on Macs. Is there any improvements if you delete the cache in %AppData%\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason should be a folder with 'username_somenumbers' this folder stores the waveform data of audio. I noticed that if I deleted this in r11 for projects that have high edit counts especially stereo edits, Reason would be responsive.
I test on Windows, and I'm not experiencing anything that Benedict posted. Honestly, most issues I've seen are all on Macs.
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2865
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

djadalaide wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Is there a direct download for the update? I'm having connection problems and need to resume the download.
Reason 12.2.1d50 Win | Mac (this link always downloads the latest version)
---

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 30 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
30 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021


I'm convinced nobody in RS test on Windows, so many issues with Windows that are not present on Macs. Is there any improvements if you delete the cache in %AppData%\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason should be a folder with 'username_somenumbers' this folder stores the waveform data of audio. I noticed that if I deleted this in r11 for projects that have high edit counts especially stereo edits, Reason would be responsive.
I test on Windows, and I'm not experiencing anything that Benedict posted. Honestly, most issues I've seen are all on Macs.
Do you work for RS? Also do you have the same project and setup as Benedict...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7443
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 30 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Do you work for RS? Also do you have the same project and setup as Benedict...
No, I don't work for RS. And unless Benedict shares his project, I don't think any of us will have a copy. I'm not denying he is obviously having an issue. I'm explaining to you that RS do in fact have testers on Windows (I'm one of them).
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 30 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
30 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Do you work for RS? Also do you have the same project and setup as Benedict...
No, I don't work for RS. And unless Benedict shares his project, I don't think any of us will have a copy. I'm not denying he is obviously having an issue. I'm explaining to you that RS do in fact have testers on Windows (I'm one of them).
Didn't say anything about RS not having testers on windows. :?

I said I'm convinced they don't test on windows. As in they don't themselves test on windows.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7443
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 30 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Didn't say anything about RS not having testers on windows. :?

I said I'm convinced they don't test on windows. As in they don't themselves test on windows.
My bad. So you did. But since we're both speculating, I'd wager they do taking into consideration there seems to be just as many Mac bugs troubling people this release as Windows issues (Benedict's issue notwithstanding). I can't imagine them not having at least one or two PC's laying around the office to test on.
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DNGmaestro
Posts: 76
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Adabler wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Cool, an update!

But this part looks weird now:
Screenshot 2021-09-29 153839.jpg
Yeah, we noticed that a bit too late but didn't want to hold back the other bugfixes just for that. Fixed together with all remaining hi-res assets in the next update! :geek:
Took me less than a minute to get a bunch of graphical glitches and crash. The next try took me about 30 seconds, another crash. Avenger still completely unusable. A lot of black borders and other glitches before the crashes. I bought R12 day one, still can’t use it. What’s happening there man?

User avatar
FiatLux
Posts: 99
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

I have to agree. At the moment every bug that I reported (some from months ago) are still open,
and stil not fixed.
AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Sep 2021
EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2021


Yikes - that's unfortunate. No one reported such behavior during the beta test that I know of. Hopefully they'll get you sorted, though - let us know how it works out.
That's the thing about the beta you don't get to see anyone's bug reports any more. So I can imagine it is pure chaos with duplicate reports all over the shop which means most reports will probably be lost.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2862
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 30 Sep 2021

I would rather purchase something that works spending 100 dollars more, rather than jumping on a buggy version for 100 dollars less, hoping that things get fixed... I keep getting emails saying the discount price is running out... really ... could care less... I don't buy on hopes, promises and stated proposed, plans of repair...I have been bitten too many times , falling for promises never realized by this company. It looks like I will be using 10 for rewire, and 11 for it's features, even though the memory leak bug was never fixed as it should have been before reason plus and reason 12 was released!
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.33.55 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

rootwheel
Posts: 135
Joined: 21 Aug 2021

Post 30 Sep 2021

I don't understand how they keep breaking things that used to work. Reason 11's development lifecycle was marred by this same issue of regression bugs. No other previous versions of Reason had this happen.

Now Bounce in Place is broken?

How has the code for that feature even been touched if there's nothing new to report around that functionality?

I'm starting to wonder if they've got someone working at the company (since around 2019) who's actually secretly working for one of the other major DAW players and keeps surreptitiously sabotaging tiny bits of the codebase here and there and breaking things that were previously stable! Obviously it's a ludicrous theory!

The only logical explanation is slapdash work! Come on Reason Studios - pull your socks up!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: crimsonwarlock, Heater, Re8et and 5 guests