Channel Strip built into the Rack mix/audio channels pls

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Chi-Individual

29 Sep 2021

I think a big workflow and QOL improvement would be to add the mixer channel strip to the rack channel strips. With the improvement of the Cmb2 I think this should be one of the next steps. Having access to the fader, pan, M/S is nice but doesn't let you dive deep into mixing in the rack. It would be cool if pages could be added to the programmer section to include the Insert/Comp/EQ/FX etc so more can be done without having to flip to another screen.

When I'm at home I have a dual monitor set up so it's easy but when I'm away from my home set up I only have my laptop and flipping between the mixer/rack/sequencer gets a bit tedious. And having two sections or all three spaced on a laptop screen just doesn't work. That real estate usually goes to one screen at a time. Being able to add the EQ, Comp and Bus Comp to the channel is cool but I'd like more integration with the mixer. Then subtle adjustments can be made without leaving what I'm doing and I can still mix in the full mixer when I'm done. Or mix completely in the rack. Like Studio One, you get to see the full channel of the track you're currently working on, in the inspector view, without switching to the mixer and you still get to do a full mix, even gain staging. I don't know how hard this would be to implement but it would be nice to have.

jam-s

29 Sep 2021

If you want to you can simply put all the channel devices in the insert section (even as a custom combi v2) and then ignore the mixer view.

But I agree that the gain knob should be added to the Mixchannel Rack device UI.

Chi-Individual

29 Sep 2021

The problem I have with adding the eq and comp into the insert section is that I do 100% of my mixing in the mixer. I tried it before and I ended up having eq clashes or compression clashes because I'd forget that I'd already done something in the rack cause it doesn't translate over to the mixer.

Loque

29 Sep 2021

I never wanted and never needed such a feature. If i want to mix, i go to the mixer. I even never touch the Channel Fader in the rack.
Reason12, Win10

Chi-Individual

29 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I never wanted and never needed such a feature. If i want to mix, i go to the mixer. I even never touch the Channel Fader in the rack.
I never wanted nor needed VST3 support, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered for those it would benefit. It's not about mixing in the rack, it's about having the option. I just want the option to make quick tweaks and/or mix in the rack without having to change screens. If I'm someone's working on a sound and I thins of an adjustment they want to make, being able to not have to leave the rack to do that is a plus.

guitfnky

29 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2021
thanks for letting us know this completely irrelevant anecdote about your personal use of Reason. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

29 Sep 2021

this would make a brilliant combi 2—if only there was any sort of metering you could use. huge oversight, in my view, and hopefully they’re working on adding that.

Loque

29 Sep 2021

Chi-Individual wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I never wanted nor needed VST3 support, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered for those it would benefit. It's not about mixing in the rack, it's about having the option. I just want the option to make quick tweaks and/or mix in the rack without having to change screens. If I'm someone's working on a sound and I thins of an adjustment they want to make, being able to not have to leave the rack to do that is a plus.
Well, maybe i should explain how i do it (greetings to Selig!):
* Balance everything in the rack at -10 or -12db with gain controls (RE, synths, mixers, compressors, limiters, and so on)
* Pan and width as i want the sound to be, also positioning (RE, mixers, width and pan VSTs, ...)
* All EQ for the sound (not mixing) done in the rack
* EQing and balancing the frequencies done in the rack via FabFilter Q3 (THIS is something i want in the mixer!)

After all that, the mix is nearly finished, except for some final and small tone adjustments, gain balancing, width or panning and this is what i do in the mixer. I barely touch the rack in that stage again, except i detect some heavy frequency clashing or add some more ducking (FabFilter Q3!). That is why i do not need the controls in the rack, i just do not do the final mix in there.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

29 Sep 2021

guitfnky wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2021
thanks for letting us know this completely irrelevant anecdote about your personal use of Reason. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Thanks for sharing at least your completely useless opinion and your useless comment :clap:
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

29 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2021
guitfnky wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Thanks for sharing at least your completely useless opinion and your useless comment :clap:
you’re very welcome! 🤡

Chi-Individual

29 Sep 2021

guitfnky wrote:
29 Sep 2021
this would make a brilliant combi 2—if only there was any sort of metering you could use. huge oversight, in my view, and hopefully they’re working on adding that.
I think Scenic is proof that you can add more pages of functionality and it be seamless. So why not add all of this to the rack channels and cmb2.

Jackjackdaw

29 Sep 2021

It’s a good call. Maybe a drop down opens up the channel strip controls on the mix channel bar. Save a lot of f-keying .

• Information