Reason 12.2.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
plaamook

29 Sep 2021

craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021
plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Wow.
I just loaded this shit up and sent a bug (multibple bug) report off before I even made any noise.
Black screens all over the place. Non responsive, lags, a crash...This shit is appalling and I told em as much in the bug report.
What a drag.
Out of interest, is your PC totally up to date in terms of Windows updates, and driver updates for all your PC devices (graphic cards, Storage & System Devices, firmware etc.) in 'Device Manager' you have right clicked selected update driver and insalled them all if the are available?

Also is the Bios up to date on your PC? Thats assuming you are actually on PC.
Thanks but I'm on a mac. 11 runs smooth as anything.
I'll edit my post to avoid further confusion.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

joeyluck

29 Sep 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Adabler wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Cool, an update!

But this part looks weird now:
Screenshot 2021-09-29 153839.jpg
Yeah, we noticed that a bit too late but didn't want to hold back the other bugfixes just for that. Fixed together with all remaining hi-res assets in the next update! :geek:
Pretty please with a cherry on top, consider replacing the graphics for the multi-lane edit selection buttons. Now would be the best time :-)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7518587

manisnotabird

29 Sep 2021

Hm, doesn't fix the VST problems I noticed. D16 Sigmund completely crashes Reason the second I click on anything in it. The Dragonfly reverbs cause the screen to start flashing weird colors when I change anything, and can only be fixed by restarting Reason. On MacOS 11.6.

manisnotabird

29 Sep 2021

Oh, hm, the D16 Sigmund thing might not be a Reason bug. It also crashes Ableton. Might be a Big Sur thing.

KGB

29 Sep 2021

manisnotabird wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Hm, doesn't fix the VST problems I noticed. D16 Sigmund completely crashes Reason the second I click on anything in it. The Dragonfly reverbs cause the screen to start flashing weird colors when I change anything, and can only be fixed by restarting Reason. On MacOS 11.6.
Same with Siblance from Waves..as soon as I try to open it it crashes Reason. All of my other Waves plugins work, even ones not updated to Waves 12 update.

EnochLight

29 Sep 2021

plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021
plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Ok Reason 12. Lets see what you can do.
Downloading the torrent now...
Wow.
I just loaded this shit up and sent a bug (multibple bug) report off before I even made any noise.
Black screens all over the place. Non responsive, lags, a crash...This shit is appalling and I told em as much in the bug report.
What a drag.

2017 13"MBP 16G Ram 2.9GHz i7 running Mojave
Yikes - that's unfortunate. No one reported such behavior during the beta test that I know of. Hopefully they'll get you sorted, though - let us know how it works out.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

craste

29 Sep 2021

plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021
craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Out of interest, is your PC totally up to date in terms of Windows updates, and driver updates for all your PC devices (graphic cards, Storage & System Devices, firmware etc.) in 'Device Manager' you have right clicked selected update driver and insalled them all if the are available?

Also is the Bios up to date on your PC? Thats assuming you are actually on PC.
Thanks for the update, hope they come out with a fix for that now you have sent the error logs to them. :thumbup:

I do hope Reason Studios show somthing tomorrow (on the last day to upgrade) which is a bit good/exciting and coming out as a point update soon and would make me want to upgrade.

If not, I think this will be the first time I've not upgraded since.... ever.

Fingers crossed.

stratatonic

29 Sep 2021

hurricane wrote:
29 Sep 2021
MattiasHG wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Yeah, we noticed that a bit too late but didn't want to hold back the other bugfixes just for that. Fixed together with all remaining hi-res assets in the next update! :geek:

When are you fixing the device folders that don't stay collapsed?
That's part of the October Roadmap Smart Browser Update.

moofi

29 Sep 2021

I can tell I´m very much enjoying Reason 12 even with it´s hickups. The zoomability + new Combinator alone roll :thumbs_up:
Just a thought, in case you might regret it later, not having bought it for the current amount.

craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021
plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Thanks for the update, hope they come out with a fix for that now you have sent the error logs to them. :thumbup:

I do hope Reason Studios show somthing tomorrow (on the last day to upgrade) which is a bit good/exciting and coming out as a point update soon and would make me want to upgrade.

Fingers crossed.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Sep 2021

MattLeschuck wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Drum Sequencer still has some graphical issues. Minor but still there.
This might just be a while longer getting fixed as it is an SDK issue, I think. I’m not 100% on that but it would tally up with something else that I’m very aware of.

sgtblikey

29 Sep 2021

Prior to this update, my macbook pro (mid 2015, 2.8Ghz i7, 16GB, 2GB Radeon, 10.15) was constantly at cpu 95-99 degrees with Reason running at 140%+ cpu. That has stopped and Reason is behaving like a normal hardcore application. I thought I was going mad. Very happy.

Biolumin3sc3nt

29 Sep 2021

Same with the Softube plugins.... GLitches in Parallels and Monument vst's. And yes I've voiced my concerns.

EnochLight

29 Sep 2021

craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I do hope Reason Studios show something tomorrow (on the last day to upgrade) which is a bit good/exciting and coming out as a point update soon and would make me want to upgrade.

Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't hold your breath. The only thing I know that's happening 9/30 is a Combinator 2 Livestream with Mattias and Ryan. I'd wager another maintenance update for Reason is going to take substantially longer to release.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

29 Sep 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Updated credits
I'm definitely happy about this! :cool:

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.52.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.52.44 PM.png (112.57 KiB) Viewed 2987 times

Some of my patches even made it to the marketing

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.57.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.57.09 PM.png (511.55 KiB) Viewed 2987 times

Billy+

29 Sep 2021

craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I do hope Reason Studios show something tomorrow (on the last day to upgrade) which is a bit good/exciting and coming out as a point update soon and would make me want to upgrade.

Fingers crossed.
EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I wouldn't hold your breath. The only thing I know that's happening 9/30 is a Combinator 2 Livestream with Mattias and Ryan. I'd wager another maintenance update for Reason is going to take substantially longer to release.
I've totally given up on upgrading to R12 anytime soon even if it costs more later I'm happy using R11 until an actual stable fully working version is released even if that means missing R12 all together, I will definitely be looking for a discounted price from a 3rd party as well rather than buying direct like I normally would, I can't believe that we're already at 12.2.1 and still haven't seen a good product R12 so far has been nothing but a list of things RS would like to be :thumbs_down:

EnochLight

29 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I've totally given up on upgrading to R12 anytime soon even if it costs more later I'm happy using R11 until an actual stable fully working version is released even if that means missing R12 all together, I will definitely be looking for a discounted price from a 3rd party as well rather than buying direct like I normally would, I can't believe that we're already at 12.2.1 and still haven't seen a good product R12 so far has been nothing but a list of things RS would like to be :thumbs_down:
Have you actually tried the latest d50 released today? Or is it more than just performance/bug issues that keeps you from upgrading?

earwig83

29 Sep 2021

I'm sorry but RS is embarrassingly bad at their job now. Every version prior was never this bad. So many niggles and bugs now. Especially graphical ones. Even the damn start up screen is missing proper aliasing or whatever.

I could provide endless screenshots of the problems but it is not my job. I am the customer. What kind of QA team do you guys have? Seems like none.

earwig83

29 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Sep 2021
craste wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Fingers crossed.
EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Yeah I think they have finally pooped the bed.

guitfnky

29 Sep 2021

I feel their move to a more agile approach isn’t working so well. this isn’t Facebook circa 200x, where if you break something, it just means a couple weeks of people not being able to like pictures of your mac & cheese dinners.

doesn’t mean agile can’t work, but you’ve got to do it right.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

29 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Have you actually tried the latest d50 released today? Or is it more than just performance/bug issues that keeps you from upgrading?
I was running the cheap subscription but removed it all a week or so ago, I think around the time the roadmap got released.

After seeing the bugs first hand and seeing the time frame I decided I wasn't prepared for the wait I honestly think they should have waited until the features that they want R12 to have should have been there at release all this drip feeding of features is just wrong and kinda feels like an in development version.

I get that they have/are putting a lot of work into it and I'm looking forward to using it but just not the way it's being offered at the moment I honestly can't bring myself to rely on it at the moment so I'm sticking with R11 and looking forward to seeing a solid product even if that's the next major version,

it's unfortunate as I can't remember the last time I didn't upgrade on release day I'm just thankful that I had a chance to try it using a cheap subscription rather than buying it at full price and I will probably use a subscription before I buy in the future, loosing £20 is better than wasting £200 if that's what a license is going to cost in the future...

Arrant
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2021

Uh.. guys, is anyone having problems with "Bounce in place" now?

I have a simple sequencer clip on a combinator track which I try to bounce, it gives the error:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.44 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
The same operation works in my R11 version of the project.
Here is the routing of the combi, looks great to me? The track is connected to the bottom combinator, which is the instrument.
And I can bounce *some* other tracks, but not all. Is there something fuzzy connected to the insert FX removal?
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (158.24 KiB) Viewed 2894 times

pquenin

29 Sep 2021

I also have noticed some bugs in this upgrade 12.2.1d50 :
- "New devices get browse focus" don't work
- I have a strange popup when I quit and reopen Reason (title = test, message = the specified semaphore already exists (10081036))
- still an unexpected red line at the bottom of the browser
- R12 is a little faster now, but far from being as satisfying as R11

I am on Windows 10

joeyluck

29 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
29 Sep 2021
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Updated credits
I'm definitely happy about this! :cool:

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.52.44 PM.png

Some of my patches even made it to the marketing

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.57.09 PM.png
Some great names there! Cool to have your name in a list with the Shocklees :clap:

I have some patches in Reason REs, but they aren't built-in, so I don't get to be in the cool list lol.

AttenuationHz

29 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2021
plaamook wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Wow.
What a drag.

2017 13"MBP 16G Ram 2.9GHz i7 running Mojave
Yikes - that's unfortunate. No one reported such behavior during the beta test that I know of. Hopefully they'll get you sorted, though - let us know how it works out.
That's the thing about the beta you don't get to see anyone's bug reports any more. So I can imagine it is pure chaos with duplicate reports all over the shop which means most reports will probably be lost.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

29 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Uh.. guys, is anyone having problems with "Bounce in place" now?

I have a simple sequencer clip on a combinator track which I try to bounce, it gives the error:
Capture.PNG

The same operation works in my R11 version of the project.
Here is the routing of the combi, looks great to me? The track is connected to the bottom combinator, which is the instrument.
And I can bounce *some* other tracks, but not all. Is there something fuzzy connected to the insert FX removal?
Capture2.jpg
I can make logging assert when bouncing and get the prompt you get in release with a similar patch. Reported it anyway. Connect the output to the combi and it should work, there is no physical cable in the signal chain connected to the mix channel:

Opera Snapshot_2021-09-30_002447_forum.reasontalk.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2021-09-30_002447_forum.reasontalk.com.png (535.26 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information