All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Arrant
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2021

Neo wrote:
27 Sep 2021
I assumed left over points carried over.
If you use a 100* voucher what ever points are left are gone*?.
It's never worked like that unfortunately. You spend the entire voucher upon use.

That expiry text is new BTW, it was not there last week. Probably James cleaning up.
It has been in the FAQ for 3 years but in that time I'm quite sure reward points have never actually expired.
Vouchers, on the other hand, have.

moneykube

27 Sep 2021

I see no way of determining when the year runs out for reward points you have left... I have 56 reward points and have bought every RS rack and every other rack I have been interested in.... there are 5 high priced re's I never wanted, and the rest I have. It would be nice if there was a way to determine when your year is up... it would awesome if more choices were available in the rewards store so I could use my reward points without buying a 300 dollar compressor or reverb I don't need or want. I will and would never pay 600 dollars for any rack unless it spews gold from the output.
Last edited by moneykube on 27 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

outdatedstandard

27 Sep 2021

I've never lost rewards before.
Otherwise, there would be no rewards in the entire history of my account.
I didn't even get points for upgrading from 10 to 11 (and free version 12), these are all old rewards.
Previously, there was only the validity of coupons - 2 months.

It's a weird idea to introduce a retention period for rewards and add coupons for 100 and 125.
I have to activate 5 versions of Reason or buy plugins for $ 2000 per year to get 100 points under the new rules.

Excuse me, but where's the logic: to get Algoritm, I have to buy a 5 versions of Reason, or spend $ 2,000 on plug-ins per year.

In fact, there is only one goal - for old users to spend their points (which, I repeat, did not burn out earlier and amount to 100 or more points for some).
New users will not be able to earn points with all their desire.

Then why do these coupons?
Last edited by outdatedstandard on 27 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

27 Sep 2021

moneykube wrote:
27 Sep 2021
I see no way of determining when the year runs out for reward points you have left... I have 56 reward points and have bought every RS rack and every other rack I have been interested in.... there are 5 high priced re's I never wanted, and the rest I have. It would be nice if there was a way to determine when your year is up... it would awesome if more choices were available in the rewards store so I could use my reward points without buying a 300 dollar compressor or reverb I don't need or want.
Fair point to know when you "loose" your points...
Reason12, Win10

Yonatan

27 Sep 2021

How many points would one get upgrading for €129?

Neo

27 Sep 2021

Yonatan wrote:
27 Sep 2021
20 Reward Points
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Yonatan

27 Sep 2021

Neo wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Yonatan wrote:
27 Sep 2021
20 Reward Points
Thanks!

If buying from 3rd party and register, are there any reward points earned then?
Last edited by Yonatan on 27 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

tanni

27 Sep 2021

Neo wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Yonatan wrote:
27 Sep 2021
20 Reward Points
why 20 ? I thought you will get 6 Points for 129 or not ? :?:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2021

I wish they would just get rid of the coupon system and let me use my reward points however I want.

Yonatan

27 Sep 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Sep 2021
I wish they would just get rid of the coupon system and let me use my reward points however I want.
Agree. I have about 90 and would buy straight away if could use them all, or at least a 75 voucher.
Also be able to use them for subscription of RE or Reason+ and upgrades.
Last edited by Yonatan on 27 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

WasteLand

27 Sep 2021

tanni wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Neo wrote:
27 Sep 2021

20 Reward Points
why 20 ? I thought you will get 6 Points for 129 or not ? :?:
seems likely a kind of bonus, if you install an iOS app, don't remember the name, it is in this thread, you get 30 reward points... nice, if you don't have apple products...

but back to the Reward Store.

i already mentioned this, and many repeated, it is hard to build up Reward Points, even if you buy RE's like burger's.

so we see the changes to the store, finally they are more interesting Rack Extensions. and i have build up 59 points. and some of them, must have been expired...... but i can still use them....

now it states clearly that they expire. what is the deal? pun intended.

i repeat, again feel pushed, i bought the upgrade to R12 (didn't install it yet), which i wanted to buy, in a sale, much later. but because, well... we stay to the point, or points...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

doze

27 Sep 2021

Better give us more things to redeem rewards on, especially if you plan to expire points after 365days... that hasn't been the case before.

Iggster

27 Sep 2021

So just checked the rewards Q and A section and it’s not clear if you can buy more than one item with a voucher?

Eg. I’m after Parsec 2 and Polystep - could I use a £100 voucher to get both at the same time?

dvdrtldg

28 Sep 2021

Iggster wrote:
27 Sep 2021
So just checked the rewards Q and A section and it’s not clear if you can buy more than one item with a voucher?

Eg. I’m after Parsec 2 and Polystep - could I use a £100 voucher to get both at the same time?
No - it's one voucher per purchase only

FizbanLaPolio

28 Sep 2021

Any news on the option to have Reason Upgrades in Reward store, before the price rising ?
It may be the trigger to know if I switch to R12, or stay on my R11 Suite...

akeia

28 Sep 2021

lowtom wrote:
21 Sep 2021
You need iOS device and need to download Reason Compact, Take and Figure from the App store.
If this is the first time ever using them, then during sign in/log in process you will get reward points to your RS user account.
It is 15 points per app AFAIK.
I can confirm 15 points each for Take and Figure. Seems I had already cashed in on Compact. Works also on an ipad.

Iggster

29 Sep 2021

Hi James.

Is there a reason why there's no £/$75 voucher especially after adding a £/$125?

It would make a lot of sense as its the only remaining gap in the voucher values up to £/$125.

Thanks Craig

AttenuationHz

30 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Sep 2021
huggermugger wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Wait, what?!? I know about Vouchers expiring after 60 days, but I had no idea Rewards expire after one year. And Reason has hidden that fact in an FAQ, instead of putting it where it clearly belongs.
Yes as I wrote to you on FB, I agree that it's odd that this information isn't presented on this page. So we've fixed that and it will be deployed out in the next day or so live.
That's all well and good but it won't actually say when x amount is going to expire. The points only hold the last 5 transactions in history so it can't be shown when that x amount will expire after you make purchases because the purchase will push expire dates down the page as only the last 5 are shown. There needs to be pagination or a longer list for the points in order to see an expire date. It should be clear on the page when they expire, just showing 365 days is terribly implemented and thought through.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

huggermugger

30 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021

That's all well and good but it won't actually say when x amount is going to expire. The points only hold the last 5 transactions in history so it can't be shown when that x amount will expire after you make purchases because the purchase will push expire dates down the page as only the last 5 are shown. There needs to be pagination or a longer list for the points in order to see an expire date. It should be clear on the page when they expire, just showing 365 days is terribly implemented and thought through.
I'd sure like to know how many points I've lost because I didn't know about the expiration policy.

Steedus
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2021

Yeah I'd love to know when my points are set to expire .. having decided R+ isn't for me, I bought the R12 upgrade and now have enough points to grab Algoritm for free basically. But I really want to wait until my R+ sub finishes (May 2022) incase RS releases a device I'd rather have. But there's no way of knowing if I wait that long, if some of my points will disappear, leaving me without enough to get anything!

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Oct 2021

Iggster wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Hi James.

Is there a reason why there's no £/$75 voucher especially after adding a £/$125?

It would make a lot of sense as its the only remaining gap in the voucher values up to £/$125.

Thanks Craig
Keep an eye out next week, we'll release a 75 point voucher.
Last edited by jamespember on 01 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Lancaster

01 Oct 2021

Really sorry if these questions have already been asked…

Can I redeem a 50 and a 25 and use both vouchers for one purchase? I’ve got 90 points so can’t get the 100 :(

Also without sounding like a cheapskate… with Black Friday coming round the corner can these vouchers be used on a product which is on sale?

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Oct 2021

Lancaster wrote:
01 Oct 2021

Can I redeem a 50 and a 25 and use both vouchers for one purchase? I’ve got 90 points so can’t get the 100 :(

Also without sounding like a cheapskate… with Black Friday coming round the corner can these vouchers be used on a product which is on sale?
No you cannot combine vouchers right now. The entire system is not super optimal, and probably could be re-made to be more flexible. It's something we're looking at. And historically we've removed items from the rewards store during sales.

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Oct 2021

Lancaster wrote:
01 Oct 2021

No you cannot combine vouchers right now. The entire system is not super optimal, and probably could be re-made to be more flexible. It's something we're looking at. And historically we've removed items from the rewards store during sales - mostly to ensure that 3rd party developers cannot have their products purchased at $0 during sale periods for users with those vouchers. Given we have larger vouchers now that only apply to RS REs, we could change that but no decision has been made yet.

Iggster

01 Oct 2021

Thanks James for listening to your customers!

Have a great weekend!

• Information