The file browser in the rack units should respond to the BACK button on the mouse

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

Do you have a BACK button on the side of your mouse?

Yes, the file browser in the rack units should support it for faster file browsing
67%
No, I prefer to move my left hand to the BACKSPACE key on my keyboard
33%

Total votes: 6
hans

18 Sep 2021

It's my opinion the file browser in all the rack units should respond to the BACK button on the mouse. It's universal GUI functionality that should be adopted as soon as possible.

EpiGenetik

19 Sep 2021

The answers are not correctly related to the question, and Backspace would be the wrong key, anyway.

I would also doubt that many users have forward/back buttons on their mouse. I don't, and I have no intention of changing anytime soon.

hans

26 Sep 2021

EpiGenetik wrote:
19 Sep 2021
The answers are not correctly related to the question, and Backspace would be the wrong key, anyway.

I would also doubt that many users have forward/back buttons on their mouse. I don't, and I have no intention of changing anytime soon.
Backspace is the key to move back one directory level in the file browsers. I'm not sure why you would pop up here and just say something that's completely wrong. And speaking of completely wrong, does anyone out there actually have a mouse without back and forward buttons? Do mice like that exist that aren't either 15 years old or sold for less than ten dollars?

PhillipOrdonez

26 Sep 2021

My mouse doesn't have a back and forward buttons... It comes with buttons I can map to anything I want and I would never think of using them up as back and forward buttons 😂

guitfnky

26 Sep 2021

I don’t think I’ve seen a mouse that doesn’t have back/forward buttons in a long time, but I never use them—they’re more of an annoyance than anything, if I accidentally trigger one. I can see how it might be useful for some, but I prefer the current behavior.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

huggermugger

26 Sep 2021

If you're talking about the forward/backward buttons in the Browser, they respond just fine to my Logitech M510 (OSX).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 4.44.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 4.44.12 PM.png (90.31 KiB) Viewed 624 times

• Information