Free-VST "Valhalla Supermassive 2.0.0 UPDATE" Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
moofi

26 Sep 2021

Valhalla Supermassive 2.0.0 UPDATE

The 2.0.0 Update contains two new modes: Aquarius + Pisces

In addition labels have been added and replaced, hence knobs and shadows have moved a little here and there.

Especially the Delay knob scale indicates the time signature now. It´s viable for every mode except the Millisecond mode, which is better to dial in correctly via the VST itself anyway in case it matters situationwise.

Corrected a linking error within the previous Valhalla Supermassive 1.3.0 Combinator´s programmer where the Delay knob was bound to several Delay sync modes (because they were offered), with the result of switching between sync modes while dialing in values with the Delay knob. Now it works correctly in regards to selected sync modes.

I aswell noticed the mode slider to not always select the correct mode (like Gemini, Cassiopeia, etc.) while fine tuning the slider, especially at the bottom and the top of the mode list. It´s just the way it responds, so I cannot do anything about it from how I experienced it so far.

NOTE: I noticed I seemed to have left out two modes in the previous Valhalla Supermassive 1.3.0 Combinator.
Well, everything is covered in the 2.0.0 update now. I simply leave the 1.3.0 Combinator here for legacy reasons. Though if you install both 1.3.0 + 2.0.0 it will replace any 1.3.0 device with 2.2.0 anyway. Luckily the programmed connections within the Combinator are still working. Saying, if you like to work on a song with the original 1.3.0 Combinator, you would have to uninstall/delete the 2.0.0 one.

I deleted the original 1.3.0 Combinator from this thread for given reasons. If you are looking for the original 1.3.0 Combinator it can still be found in the Free-VST Valhalla thread, where the rest of the free Valhalla plugins can be found aswell: viewtopic.php?p=577770#p577770

Combinator: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _2.0.0.zip

Free-VST Link: https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/val ... ermassive/

Valhalla Super Massive 2.0.0.jpg
Valhalla Super Massive 2.0.0.jpg (339.13 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Last edited by moofi on 17 Jul 2022, edited 6 times in total.

Loque

26 Sep 2021

Looks nice
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

26 Sep 2021

All of these VSTs wrapped in Combinators makes me really, really, really, really wish that you could use them in the RRP. :(

MrBlue

26 Sep 2021

Very nice, thank's

Jackjackdaw

26 Sep 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 Sep 2021
All of these VSTs wrapped in Combinators makes me really, really, really, really wish that you could use them in the RRP. :(
That’s how I felt about all my original vst combinator patches. Fingers crossed they are on it and Reason 12.£199 will deliver.

nemesjs

26 Sep 2021

So nice looking! Thanks!

moofi

26 Sep 2021

Thank you everyone. I very much enjoyed creating it along combinator 2´s new featureset. I find It´s a very well done implementation of a graphic editor into the rack environment. And even though I have a lot of things I would like to see being added (like editable value displays, horizontal faders, more knob types/sizes, more knobs and cv-/controller-ins anyway, font options, pure textfields, linetools, new buttonfunctionality, multiposition switches etc.) I´m already having very much fun creating combinators within its current state. :-D

Especially mimiking a VST plugin is interesting here for now.
I often refrained from creating a custom skin because even if I patched an instrument or special effect, how many times did I actually use it besides the song I created it along? Also being limited in options regarding Combinator 1´s capabilities it just didn´t feel the same like it does now with it´s upgraded customisation and increased connectivity. Saying it often didn´t feel like being really worth the effort to create an individual skin before though there are a few exceptions.
With a VST I potentially use often like a standard effekt or instrument it at least feels pretty suited to create a special combinatorskin for.
Especially because it then integrates into the rack and I also find it quite inspiring to work with the new Combinator anyway.
The process is a joy itself and thatfor auto-motivated here.

Btw I just found out about airwindows, a single guy (Chris) writing free VST plugins only being financed via Patreon.
I downloaded his complete ongoing library with 262 files o.O.
These plugins come with no interface at all because he likes to focus on coding, yet the parameters are accessible via a Combinator. It at least appears to be perfectly fitting building Combinators for the ones I especially like. :-D

For anyone interested in airwindows:

https://airwindows.com/

moofi

27 Sep 2021

I just discovered aswell there are two more free Valhalla plugins, Frequency Echo + Space Modulator, I´m gonna create similarily styled Combinators for.

moofi

13 Jul 2022

DaleBrownMusic

17 Jul 2022

I'm looking forward to checking this out. However, I think when you updated your original post, you broke/ altered your links.

moofi

17 Jul 2022

Thank you, gonna check.
DaleBrownMusic wrote:
17 Jul 2022
I'm looking forward to checking this out. However, I think when you updated your original post, you broke/ altered your links.

moofi

17 Jul 2022

Links working now, was a matter of copying from the post, where they are merely shown as shortened versions.

• Information