What's missing? A RE that can help with creating combi2 patches?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pongasoft
RE Developer

24 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
18 Sep 2021
I would love to see a reverse version of your A/B 12 Stereo Switch. But instead of 12 inputs and one output, one input and 12 outputs.
I just implemented this. Really trivial in the end. But of course, now I am struggling on the UI design to make it look different than A/B 12 Inputs...

Yan

challism

24 Sep 2021

pongasoft wrote:
24 Sep 2021
challism wrote:
18 Sep 2021
I would love to see a reverse version of your A/B 12 Stereo Switch. But instead of 12 inputs and one output, one input and 12 outputs.
I just implemented this. Really trivial in the end. But of course, now I am struggling on the UI design to make it look different than A/B 12 Inputs...

Yan
Oh, wow; that's fantastic! So fast!
What about inverting the colors?
Maybe not pink... but what about white instead of the black background?
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.93 KiB) Viewed 8357 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pongasoft
RE Developer

25 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
24 Sep 2021
pongasoft wrote:
24 Sep 2021

Yan
image.jpg
That is what I was thinking as well... Working on it...

artotaku

25 Sep 2021

One device that might be really helpful to build step sequencer combinators would be a step sequencer with at least 16 steps where each of the steps has at least 4 property values controlling 4 CV outs (Gate, Note, CV1, CV2) that are assignable with combinator programmer.
Just like Thor but Thor does not allow to map step properties with combinator programmer.
AS-16 allows but has only one step value/CV to map and does not sync correctly to Reason sequencer.

challism

25 Sep 2021

pongasoft wrote:
25 Sep 2021
challism wrote:
24 Sep 2021

image.jpg
Great! I'm really excited to try it out.

Lov2sing

25 Sep 2021

It would be nice to have a ribbon controller that the pitch bend wheel to be the ribbon or even an player dedicated to that function. I noticed in Algorithm there is a ribbon controller but no way to control it. I don’t have version 12 yet but is it possible in combinator 2 it has those capabilities.
We make music for a reason

Sterioevo

26 Sep 2021

It would be nice to have a simple mixer with 8 send/returns with individual outputs to integrate with the Combinator Inputs.

challism

26 Sep 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
26 Sep 2021
It would be nice to have a simple mixer with 8 send/returns with individual outputs to integrate with the Combinator Inputs.
simple.... with 8 send/returns... ha ha ha
this made me laugh... but another mixer option would be cool.

it would have been nice if RS would have put some (more) effort into that Combi "mixer." I mean, it's basically just an audio spider/merger.

Sterioevo

26 Sep 2021

happy to bring joy to the world :)

Simple meaning 1 stereo channel with 8 x pre fade stereo send/returns

And yes I concur on the merger point.

pongasoft
RE Developer

27 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
25 Sep 2021
pongasoft wrote:
25 Sep 2021

I just added you as beta tester to:

* A/B 12 Audio Out Switch 1.0.0, the new RE
* A/B 12 Audio In Switch 3.0.0, the other RE with fixes for hi res + tweaked design

Hopefully you will have a chance to test them out and let me know how the testing goes. If there is no issue it is ready to be released...

If somebody else wants to be added, send me your RS username

Yan

selig
RE Developer

27 Sep 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
Simple meaning 1 stereo channel with 8 x pre fade stereo send/returns

1 stereo channel is about as simple a mixer as one could imagine - or is one channel even a mixer? ;)
But seriously…
What is the use case for 8 pre fader sends in the Combinator?
How would you typically integrate this with Combinator inputs?
Selig Audio, LLC

Sterioevo

27 Sep 2021

@Selig - ease and flexibility/options mainly.

For e.g.to be able to have a single sound sent to multiple different effects e.g x7 (pre or post fade). These effects then returned on individual channels for fader levelling and can then be output on separate outputs to the combinator if required.

So I guess an 8x8 flexible matrix mixer would do the trick.

Edit: individual outputs for further processing down the line - e.g. as used in the RRP.

challism

28 Sep 2021

pongasoft wrote:
27 Sep 2021
challism wrote:
25 Sep 2021

I just added you as beta tester to:

* A/B 12 Audio Out Switch 1.0.0, the new RE
* A/B 12 Audio In Switch 3.0.0, the other RE with fixes for hi res + tweaked design

Hopefully you will have a chance to test them out and let me know how the testing goes. If there is no issue it is ready to be released...

If somebody else wants to be added, send me your RS username

Yan
Excellent! I'm downloading now.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to build this RE, by the way!

EDIT: Looks great! Wow!! I've been wanting this exact utility for a while now. Love it!
pong.JPG
pong.JPG (286.71 KiB) Viewed 8089 times

challism

28 Sep 2021

I'm curious why the right-click menu is showing up differently on the knobs than it is on the buttons? Seems that clearing and mapping automation, etc should be available when right-clicking all automated/able parts. Instead, the right-click behavior over the buttons acts as if you are right-clicking on an empty part of the rack or non-interactive part of an RE. Same behavior in both the new 1:12 and the original 12:1 devices.

Other than that, everything seems to be working as expected on this 1:12 device.

pongasoft
RE Developer

28 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
28 Sep 2021
I'm curious why the right-click menu is showing up differently on the knobs than it is on the buttons? Seems that clearing and mapping automation, etc should be available when right-clicking all automated/able parts. Instead, the right-click behavior over the buttons acts as if you are right-clicking on an empty part of the rack or non-interactive part of an RE. Same behavior in both the new 1:12 and the original 12:1 devices.

Other than that, everything seems to be working as expected on this 1:12 device.
Thanks for checking it out!

a) The "old" one has also been updated and should look different. In the screenshot it is still the old look. Did you not get that one (I added you as a beta tester for version 1.3.0)? It looks slightly different and the bank buttons are now hi res...

b) It is behaving the same way as the other switch as described in the documentation https://pongasoft.com/rack-extensions/A ... automation . It is because, from a technical point of view, I had to use a custom displays for the buttons and custom displays are not automatable... so you need to use the trick described in the documentation to automate

pongasoft
RE Developer

28 Sep 2021

This is the re-design of the Audio In (12:1) switch
Panel_Front.jpg
Panel_Front.jpg (62.11 KiB) Viewed 8053 times
Yan

challism

28 Sep 2021

OK, that makes sense. It's wonderful that you figured out a workaround to make the custom display automatable!

Yes, I do have the updated original, but haven't yet downloaded it. I was too excited to try out the new one. ha ha

pongasoft
RE Developer

28 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
28 Sep 2021
OK, that makes sense. It's wonderful that you figured out a workaround to make the custom display automatable!

Yes, I do have the updated original, but haven't yet downloaded it. I was too excited to try out the new one. ha ha
No problem.

Do you think that the naming is confusing? This is another thing which I have struggled with... I renamed the original one "A/B 12 Audio In Switch" (as in: there are 12 Audio In) and the new one "A/B 12 Audio Out Switch" (as in: there are 12 Audio Out). I can still change the name prior to release if there is something less confusing. If I do the CV version, it would be A/B 12 CV In Switch (resp A/B 12 CV Out Switch)...

challism

28 Sep 2021

EDIT: After thinking about this, I think you nailed it as good as possible with the naming of these two utilities. 12 out and 12 in pretty much covers it, and I don't think it would be confusing to a user after figuring it out for the first time.

BTW, nice pair! These look really great.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (103.24 KiB) Viewed 7977 times

Dionisio

28 Sep 2021

A utility device with 8 or 16 IN/OUT CV/Gate automatable matrix switch Patchbay with a clock input for sequencing CV/Gate outputs.
I don't know if it is virtual possible but is just a suggestion.
Thanks

challism

29 Sep 2021

Dionisio wrote:
28 Sep 2021
A utility device with 8 or 16 IN/OUT CV/Gate automatable matrix switch Patchbay with a clock input for sequencing CV/Gate outputs.
Thanks
Something like this?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-switch/

You can set up your own sequencing clock by simply using a Matrix.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (77.5 KiB) Viewed 7975 times
We've also got Front-8 which is a free CV utility.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-router/

In the past, I have wished that we had a switch like Pongasoft's A/B Audio & CV Switch, but just A/B for CV or A/B for Audio in one device.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-switch/
cv2.jpg
cv2.jpg (37.52 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
and this
a8.jpg
a8.jpg (41.54 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
But I really don't have a problem stacking a bunch of them in a Combi the way they are now.

jam-s

29 Sep 2021

pongasoft wrote:
28 Sep 2021
Do you think that the naming is confusing? This is another thing which I have struggled with... I renamed the original one "A/B 12 Audio In Switch" (as in: there are 12 Audio In) and the new one "A/B 12 Audio Out Switch" (as in: there are 12 Audio Out). I can still change the name prior to release if there is something less confusing. If I do the CV version, it would be A/B 12 CV In Switch (resp A/B 12 CV Out Switch)...
Why not name them "12:1 Audio In switch" and "1:12 Audio Out switch"? This would be even more intuitive imho.

Ironaak

29 Sep 2021

Dionisio wrote:
28 Sep 2021
Thanks
Here's the matrix bit:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... out-panel/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... mix-panel/

Dionisio

30 Sep 2021

Sorry for a late reply
You two are close, but isn´t what i have in mind, let me try explain with more detail.
The 8/16 CV/Gate inputs receives data from Sequencers and the 8/16 CV/Gate outputs sends data to Synths or Players.
It´s like a Blamsoft Distributor with 8 CV/Gate inputs with a matrix router (patchbay) like Mesher-8B.
Maybe it´s a crazy idea but i think it saves a lot of time when you want to send a sequence data from A to Synth B.
Thanks

nemesjs

30 Sep 2021

I'm late to this but I would love to have the inverse of AB SWITCH:
AB SWITCH INVERSE.png
AB SWITCH INVERSE.png (359.04 KiB) Viewed 7889 times
Many times I was building some CV routing and noticed I needed this... badly....
Can you implement it also? Thanks!

Of course I would be happy with just the previous but the following would be awesome:
AB SWITCH HEXA CV.png
AB SWITCH HEXA CV.png (219.62 KiB) Viewed 7862 times
[EDIT]Here's how the back could be - eventually slightly changing the color to better distinguish both cases:
AB SWITCH HEXA CV BACK.png
AB SWITCH HEXA CV BACK.png (180.7 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
[/EDIT]
Last edited by nemesjs on 01 Oct 2021, edited 3 times in total.

• Information