Internet authorization question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rjshama
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Dec 2019

Post 23 Sep 2021

I tried opening Reason Suite 11 and I was told that the connection couldn’t be made and to try again later. What is that all about?!! I can’t use software that I’ve paid for if the Reason servers aren’t available?

I’m just getting back into Reason and this is the first time I am getting this error. How am I supposed to work on my music if I can’t open the program? Sonically, this program is amazing but this issue is really disappointing.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2850
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Sep 2021

their servers do this way to often sadly... I image those downloading 12 are causing a jam up in the servers once more... it usually happens on the weekend when no one is around to help... I would submit a support ticket, but really... they have needed to upgrade their servers for years now> even before reason 11 and 12 was a thought... and this affects all their plus users as well... very bad form... imo they don't care at all.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

rjshama
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Dec 2019

Post 23 Sep 2021

Thanks for the heads up. I will live with v11 until this problem goes away.

kitekrazy
Posts: 896
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

I have a system with R11 that still uses their dongle so I can still use it. They other 2 use the online login. Would I have issues if I upgrade to 12 and the system using the dongle?

User avatar
stillifegaijin
Posts: 89
Joined: 27 Oct 2020

Post 24 Sep 2021

Dongle (Ignition Key) and computer authorization both still work with Reason 12. I have an 11 license and a 12 license on the same dongle.

The dongle does not work with M1 macs though. Computer authorization does.

tanni
Posts: 176
Joined: 19 Jul 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

stillifegaijin wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Dongle (Ignition Key) and computer authorization both still work with Reason 12. I have an 11 license and a 12 license on the same dongle.

The dongle does not work with M1 macs though. Computer authorization does.
Oh, thats interesting. The only reason why I had not updated from REason 11 to 12 is the online-registration thing.
How do you do that with the ignition Key ? Are you on Windows 10 ?

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1532
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 24 Sep 2021

Hey, a global ISP had issues over night which caused the intermittent downtime overnight. As we spoke about in the last blog post from Niklas, this is something we are of course focused on improving, in addition to adding offline support for Reason+ too. Apologies for the inconvenience.

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 24 Sep 2021

Bring back the dongle.

tanni
Posts: 176
Joined: 19 Jul 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Bring back the dongle.
oh, yes please :thumbs_up:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

rjshama wrote:
23 Sep 2021
I tried opening Reason Suite 11 and I was told that the connection couldn’t be made and to try again later. What is that all about?!! I can’t use software that I’ve paid for if the Reason servers aren’t available?

I’m just getting back into Reason and this is the first time I am getting this error. How am I supposed to work on my music if I can’t open the program? Sonically, this program is amazing but this issue is really disappointing.
If you're using Reason on a single device you can authorizer your device for off line use, follow the guide here :- How-do-I-authorize-my-computer
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Hey, a global ISP had issues over night which caused the intermittent downtime overnight. As we spoke about in the last blog post from Niklas, this is something we are of course focused on improving, in addition to adding offline support for Reason+ too. Apologies for the inconvenience.
It would definitely be helpful if we could authorizer more than one device for offline licensing, Reason is the only software that I can't do this with what is stopping you from adding a few more devices?

2 would definitely be nice 3 would be perfect especially for license holders
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

A phone has connection almost everywhere. Why not use that as a dongle with a RS app.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

kitekrazy
Posts: 896
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
A phone has connection almost everywhere. Why not use that as a dongle with a RS app.
No. A dongle never changes.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
24 Sep 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
A phone has connection almost everywhere. Why not use that as a dongle with a RS app.
No. A dongle never changes.
How about a YubiKey instead of a phone + auth app?
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
24 Sep 2021
No. A dongle never changes.
Dongles do change, there's at least two styles of ignition dongles
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
How about a YubiKey instead of a phone + auth app?
No thanks to yet another 3rd party's device, definitely no mobile phone or yubikey.


How about a licensing model like spire vst, they let you authorizer as many devices as you like so long as they belong to you....
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Sep 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
24 Sep 2021
No. A dongle never changes.
Dongles do change, there's at least two styles of ignition dongles
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
How about a YubiKey instead of a phone + auth app?
No thanks to yet another 3rd party's device, definitely no mobile phone or yubikey.


How about a licensing model like spire vst, they let you authorizer as many devices as you like so long as they belong to you....
Any good suggestions is a + compared to what we have today. I can't comment on Spire's stuff as I don't use them. My solution is to trust my ignition key until the day it dies, as it is the perfect solution for me. No internet? No problem.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Sep 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
My solution is to trust my ignition key until the day it dies, as it is the perfect solution for me. No internet? No problem.
I was going to trust my Balance (IK) until the day it dies but RS took that option away from me.
I’ve got R12 authorized on my USB IK but I’m not convinced RS won’t remove that option as well.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
24 Sep 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
My solution is to trust my ignition key until the day it dies, as it is the perfect solution for me. No internet? No problem.
I was going to trust my Balance (IK) until the day it dies but RS took that option away from me.
I’ve got R12 authorized on my USB IK but I’m not convinced RS won’t remove that option as well.
Correction: until the day RS decides to kill it :puf_smile:
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Any good suggestions is a + compared to what we have today. I can't comment on Spire's stuff as I don't use them. My solution is to trust my ignition key until the day it dies, as it is the perfect solution for me. No internet? No problem.
Spire licensing is perfect

Download software and licensing file and install on as many devices as you own,
no internet verification
no licensing services
no nothing

just works :clap:

If only more companies would be so trusting :thumbs_up:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Sep 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Any good suggestions is a + compared to what we have today. I can't comment on Spire's stuff as I don't use them. My solution is to trust my ignition key until the day it dies, as it is the perfect solution for me. No internet? No problem.
Spire licensing is perfect

Download software and licensing file and install on as many devices as you own,
no internet verification
no licensing services
no nothing

just works :clap:

If only more companies would be so trusting :thumbs_up:
Yes, sounds ideal and simple.
Reaper is all I need and beyond for the sequencing part (learning, learning) I have been waiting for in Reason, and Reason for sound design and fun creativity. Yet even though you can use Reaper offline, you still have a beautiful ball and chain RRP with internet connection (R+ that is) when using both together. That's true for any DAW used offline.

Not good if you're DJ Robinson Crusoe :cool:
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

Barriott
Posts: 59
Joined: 19 Feb 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

+1 for this.

Man.. I practice and play in loads of places. It's such a drag having to login to a venues WiFi. I have my computer autherized but it doesn't always work.

Like. Howay! I paid for all this shit.

kitekrazy
Posts: 896
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Sep 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
24 Sep 2021
No. A dongle never changes.
Dongles do change, there's at least two styles of ignition dongles
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Sep 2021
How about a YubiKey instead of a phone + auth app?
No thanks to yet another 3rd party's device, definitely no mobile phone or yubikey.


How about a licensing model like spire vst, they let you authorizer as many devices as you like so long as they belong to you....
Reason does this if you login online. I have it on 3 machines. One of them still uses the Ignition Key, the other two I log in.
Licensing is still a big thing when I purchase. Reason is still friendly. I have Cubase sitting on one system, I have to switch the dong;e if I want to use it on other machines. Outside of buying a Cubase upgrade on sale I never buy anything Steinberg.

BTW Spires licensing says "several" machines. Whatever amount they consider I don't know.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Reason does this if you login online. I have it on 3 machines. One of them still uses the Ignition Key, the other two I log in.
Licensing is still a big thing when I purchase. Reason is still friendly. I have Cubase sitting on one system, I have to switch the dong;e if I want to use it on other machines. Outside of buying a Cubase upgrade on sale I never buy anything Steinberg.

BTW Spires licensing says "several" machines. Whatever amount they consider I don't know.
Having to sign in every time you run software is not friendly
Agreed it's better than not being able to use it at all, and the ignition key is definitely a good thing but it's now been discontinued so can't be replaced or purchased by new users leaving them to either off line license a single machine or online access.

I'm intrigued that you say you have all 3 methods working?

I was under the impression that once you used the single offline licensing you couldn't use sign in on a secondary device?

Are you running a subscription?


Reread and spotted the answer ;)
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
stillifegaijin
Posts: 89
Joined: 27 Oct 2020

Post 26 Sep 2021

tanni wrote:
24 Sep 2021
stillifegaijin wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Dongle (Ignition Key) and computer authorization both still work with Reason 12. I have an 11 license and a 12 license on the same dongle.

The dongle does not work with M1 macs though. Computer authorization does.
Oh, thats interesting. The only reason why I had not updated from REason 11 to 12 is the online-registration thing.
How do you do that with the ignition Key ? Are you on Windows 10 ?
Not on Windows. All Mac. I had the authorization for 11 on the ignition key before I upgraded to 12. Once I upgraded to 12 I just added the 12 authorization. My main computer temporarily has 11 and 12 installed still and both versions open fine.

Barriott
Posts: 59
Joined: 19 Feb 2016

Post 13 Oct 2021

Man. I took reason plus into the studio today. I'd worked on aload of stuff the day before. The studios internet was down.

The last iteration of reason I bought was reason 11. Which doesn't have mimic.

I can't emphasise enough that they need to get it sorted out. They mentioned this on there road map. Any insiders know how they're getting on with it.

I'm a worrier. If I've got a gig and I need to rely on the venues internet that's gonna carve me up.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Ears, rgdaniel and 3 guests