PSDP Rv7K (Parallel-Stereo-Duckable-Pannable Reverb)

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Ottostrom

20 Sep 2021

[STOCK]

Just finished my latest combi device and wanted to share it with you guys :)
This is a reverb which splits the audio and lets you control the dry & wet signal independently.

The stereo part of the name comes from the custom wiring which uses a separate Rv7000 for the left and the right channel.
This makes the reverb behave (IMO) better when it comes to panned material and wider sources.
I decided to only include Small Space, Room and Hall as the selectable reverb algorithms since they all share the common controls for Pre-delay, Room Size and Room Shape.

The Ducking section is what originally gave me the idea for this device. It takes the dry signal as sidechain (ducking) input so the reverb can be better tucked in behind the source.
When a ducking function is included in a reverb it usually doesn't give you much control over how the ducking should behave, but Attack and Release is essential for me when using such a feature.
The smaller knobs Gain, HP and LP only affects the sidechain input signal and gives you further control over how the ducking should behave.
When the Smooth button is pressed, the compressor which is doing the sidechaining is switched out for the Master Bus Compressor which has a smoother reaction time.

The Flavor section gives you additional processing possibilities for the Wet signal. Compress and Dirt are pretty self explanatory and Wobble introduces some pitch variability (and increases the perceived stereo image).

Autopan acts on the Wet signal and pans it before it hits the reverb for a more natural sound.

I had a very clear vision of how I wanted the device to look and I'm pretty happy with the outcome :D

Download Link
Last edited by Ottostrom on 20 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Despondo
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Looks great and am looking forward to trying this out. Thanks for sharing!

Ottostrom

22 Sep 2021

Alternative backdrop!

nemesjs

22 Sep 2021

Oh! It looks great but as I was thinking I'd like the color light yellow on the UI to be another you just guessed my thoughts and posted an alternative! Thanks! It looks great and your were very clever on the use of the scales of the knobs with the same tone as the background! I'm going to experiment it, for sure it will be useful!

Ottostrom

22 Sep 2021

nemesjs wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Oh! It looks great but as I was thinking I'd like the color light yellow on the UI to be another you just guessed my thoughts and posted an alternative! Thanks! It looks great and your were very clever on the use of the scales of the knobs with the same tone as the background! I'm going to experiment it, for sure it will be useful!
Thanks man, glad the alternative look helped!
Hope you get some use out of the reverb :)

• Information