New innovative features?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sonicbyte

20 Sep 2021

We only need a better sequencer and improved overall performance... (and if I was the CEO of Reason Studios I will repeat this in my head as if it was a loop)

moofi

20 Sep 2021

Haha, I can remember your mockup from back in the days. Still a very pleasant idea :-)
selig wrote:
20 Sep 2021
adfielding wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Years ago (pre-VST support, post RE-support so I'd guess somewhere around 2016?) I thought it'd be a neat idea to see Reason focussing a bit more on its semi-modular nature by introducing fully modular components to the rack. The RE store was already there, modular gear was exploding in popularity, so I thought it'd be cool to leverage the rack metaphor a bit more by doubling down on that aspect with individual modules rather than self-contained instruments and effects as REs. A more granular expansion of the rack metaphor, I guess.

Of course, we've since seen similar ideas popping up as Reaktor Blocks, VCV Rack, Softube Modular and the like, so I sort of feel like that wave has already washed over us a bit - but I still maintain that Reason's rack would make a perfect environment for that sort of setup. Combine that with some template racks so users can get started quickly (for example - something like Thor but with a wider array of components, or Complex-1 with user swappable modules) and you've got something that's both accessible for people who just want to write, and as deep as possible for people who want to tinker away in a sonic playground.
I thought we talked about this much earlier? Seems like only yesterday, but this was 10 years ago and before REs etc. Probably some of my early mockup work, certainly not ready for "high res"…

adfielding

20 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
20 Sep 2021
I thought we talked about this much earlier? Seems like only yesterday, but this was 10 years ago and before REs etc. Probably some of my early mockup work, certainly not ready for "high res"…
Quite possibly! I remember this time in particular because it was shortly after Reaktor Blocks became a thing, and I remembered thinking "damn, wouldn't it be great to see something like that in Reason that leveraged the RE format and the shop?". I'm very much into the idea behind that mockup though.

• Information