Rewards update! 100 + 125 points voucher available now

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Neo

18 Sep 2021

Adabler wrote:
17 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.
This would be great!

I currently have 121 points, soo close! :shock: :o
121 Point Club myself Arrgh.

looks like we have to spend another $100 USD to get those 4 points!?
Can us old timers get a $100 Voucher? lol
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

WillyOD

18 Sep 2021

Next: Give back all the expired 60-day reward coupons that went to waste for many users when you first introduced the Rewards.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

WillyOD

18 Sep 2021

After that: Make the Rewards product prices more humane. These things go on such sales that the normal prices are absurd at times.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Oper-8

18 Sep 2021

@jamespember : That stupid Reward Store is a joke. There are still the same devices again and again, and we never get much loyalty points anyway. The last time I redeemed my points, the device was on sale a few weeks later. Pure joke !
You should give us more stuff and show a little respect toward us and our loyalty, especially your long-time users who have been supporting your work since years and who got NOTHING in return. Only newcomers get all the bonuses, promo packs, etc. Old-timers never receive anything but ignorance from the Props.
I remember the period when you offered € 500 worth of REs on an upgrade - can't remember which one - but it was reserved to new customers. All your long-time, loyal users should get more reward points proportionally to their seniority. You absolutely NEVER show any sign of gratitude toward your long-time users. NEVER. The more it goes, the more disgusting you are as a rewarding company.
And what about the grace periods, where you feel really happy when you just paid your upgrade full price, but the guy who upgraded one month later gets a free upgrade to the next version ?
Your price schemes are utter disrespect toward your users. I won't even mention your last move with the $199 upgrades... When you brag about Reason being there since 20 years, yeah, sure, but I wonder where it would be without our constant financial support. What do we get in return ? Nothing. (inb4 "You get hi-res and their listening to us and giving us a roadmap" : jokes. They promise "great things" for the future, as always, but it's gibberish and BS as usual. They haven't been listening to us since a whole decade, so why now ?)
Dear Props, you really don't deserve your users' loyalty.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
@jamespember : That stupid Reward Store is a joke. There are still the same devices again and again, and we never get much loyalty points anyway. The last time I redeemed my points, the device was on sale a few weeks later. Pure joke !
You should give us more stuff and show a little respect toward us and our loyalty, especially your long-time users who have been supporting your work since years and who got NOTHING in return. Only newcomers get all the bonuses, promo packs, etc. Old-timers never receive anything but ignorance from the Props.
I remember the period when you offered € 500 worth of REs on an upgrade - can't remember which one - but it was reserved to new customers. All your long-time, loyal users should get more reward points proportionally to their seniority. You absolutely NEVER show any sign of gratitude toward your long-time users. NEVER. The more it goes, the more disgusting you are as a rewarding company.
And what about the grace periods, where you feel really happy when you just paid your upgrade full price, but the guy who upgraded one month later gets a free upgrade to the next version ?
Your price schemes are utter disrespect toward your users. I won't even mention your last move with the $199 upgrades... When you brag about Reason being there since 20 years, yeah, sure, but I wonder where it would be without our constant financial support. What do we get in return ? Nothing. (inb4 "You get hi-res and their listening to us and giving us a roadmap" : jokes. They promise "great things" for the future, as always, but it's gibberish and BS as usual. They haven't been listening to us since a whole decade, so why now ?)
Dear Props, you really don't deserve your users' loyalty.
It’s James that’s working hard just now to make things better so I think you’ve addressed your post to the wrong guy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ksniod

18 Sep 2021

I have 101 points.
Either there's a 100 voucher and I'll use it (on Algo or Friktion) or not and I won't buy anything

Oper-8

18 Sep 2021

@MrFigg : Honestly, I don't know who in this company is genuinely listening to users. I'm getting slightly upset with how this company works. Either they decide without telling anything and we're never heard, or they suddenly talk and announce a roadmap without clearly explaining who and where to talk to.
Thanks for the info though, and sorry James, then. Please forward my message to someone who can read users' messages and listen to what users say. Thanks in advance.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Jackjackdaw

18 Sep 2021

WillyOD wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Next: Give back all the expired 60-day reward coupons that went to waste for many users when you first introduced the Rewards.
Yeah def, I lost a bunch of points when I didn’t realise how it worked and redeemed a voucher but didn’t spend it. If I had them now I’d be in line for a free synth!

guitfnky

18 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
@MrFigg : Honestly, I don't know who in this company is genuinely listening to users. I'm getting slightly upset with how this company works. Either they decide without telling anything and we're never heard, or they suddenly talk and announce a roadmap without clearly explaining who and where to talk to.
Thanks for the info though, and sorry James, then. Please forward my message to someone who can read users' messages and listen to what users say. Thanks in advance.
you literally were just told the answer to the question of who in the company is genuinely listening.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Oper-8

18 Sep 2021

Well, I feel like he's more or less announcing things, but is he really getting or forwarding users' requests ?
And if he listens, does that mean I did address my post to the right guy, then ? I must be too dumb to understand your logic, guys.

If he's not the right guy, then what am I supposed to do if I want somebody at Reason Studios cares about users' requests ? When I email the support, nobody replies.
The more it goes, the less I'm sure whether anybody in this company really cares about users anymore.
Last edited by Oper-8 on 18 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

BananaSkins

18 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 Sep 2021

It’s James that’s working hard just now to make things better so I think you’ve addressed your post to the wrong guy.
Yes he is doing what he gets paid for...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
18 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 Sep 2021

And that’s good…right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

18 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 Sep 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
18 Sep 2021

And that’s good…right?

To be expected...right?

guitfnky

18 Sep 2021

what’s the difference? he does it because he gets paid, he does it out of the kindness of his own heart, or more likely some combination thereof.

what do we care, as long as they’re listening?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
18 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 Sep 2021

And that’s good…right?

To be expected...right?
Sure. Expected. But not always a given.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

integerpoet

18 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Short update here…
What I like most about this message is the implication that thinking has occurred and will continue.

Now I must find a way to get from 99 to 125 without defeating the purpose of getting to 125. :-)

Jackjackdaw

18 Sep 2021

integerpoet wrote:
18 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Short update here…
What I like most about this message is the implication that thinking has occurred and will continue.

Now I must find a way to get from 99 to 125 without defeating the purpose of getting to 125. :-)
This is what I’m fretting about. I just got 30 free points , there must be some way of scraping a few more!

integerpoet

18 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
18 Sep 2021
integerpoet wrote:
18 Sep 2021
This is what I’m fretting about. I just got 30 free points , there must be some way of scraping a few more!
I figure when the Apple Silicon update drops, that'll motivate me to upgrade to R12, which would have happened anyway. If R12 itself doesn't get me there, then maybe the new toys in R12 will drive me into a flurry of other shop activity.

jamespember
Reason Studios

20 Sep 2021

Hi everyone

So, there is now a 100 point voucher available in addition to the new 125 point voucher. Hopefully this provides more flexibility for everyone.
Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 14.41.10.png
Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 14.41.10.png (83.88 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
As many have pointed out, there are some major flaws with this reward system in general. We are now discussing how to move forward here, and I'll try keep everyone in the loop as to how those discussions go!

Italophile

20 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Hi everyone

So, there is now a 100 point voucher available in addition to the new 125 point voucher. Hopefully this provides more flexibility for everyone.

As many have pointed out, there are some major flaws with this reward system in general. We are now discussing how to move forward here, and I'll try keep everyone in the loop as to how those discussions go!
The simplest solution would simply be to scrap the vouchers altogether. Most other stores that have reward points simply ask at checkout how many of your available reward points you want to redeem.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Great!!! :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jamespember
Reason Studios

20 Sep 2021

Italophile wrote:
20 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Hi everyone

The simplest solution would simply be to scrap the vouchers altogether. Most other stores that have reward points simply ask at checkout how many of your available reward points you want to redeem.
Yes, I agree. That would be much better. I have just inherited this project last week, so I'm still wrapping my head around it all and making quick fixes and improvements. Haven't managed to think big picture yet.

VIVIsect

20 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
20 Sep 2021
So, there is now a 100 point voucher available
Very nice! Thanks for adding the 100 point voucher. Just grabbed Algoritm for $0! :thumbup:

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Yes, I agree. That would be much better. I have just inherited this project last week, so I'm still wrapping my head around it all and making quick fixes and improvements. Haven't managed to think big picture yet.
In that case you're making rapid progress :thumbs_up:
VIVIsect wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Very nice! Thanks for adding the 100 point voucher. Just grabbed Algoritm for $0! :thumbup:
Did you manage this without throwing away 21 reward points?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Arrant wrote:
20 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
20 Sep 2021
In that case you're making rapid progress :thumbs_up:
VIVIsect wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Did you manage this without throwing away 21 reward points?
I’m guessing Algoritm costs $99 in America. So they get it for 100 points, 10 less than us in Europe. Something I’m sure some folk will also think is unfair. Let the arguing begin hahaha. Who cares.
Last edited by MrFigg on 20 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information