IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaxTrax
Posts: 51
Joined: 16 Feb 2021

Post 15 Sep 2021

15K :-)

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1907
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 15 Sep 2021

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that I don't like any of the IK stuff in the 99 tier and below. I was considering upgrading to the 199 tier to get Modo Drums and Modo Bass. But its all a hassle to install and puts loads of bloatware on your drive that you have to cleanup manually. As for T-racks I prefer the LA-2As, 1176s, Neves, SSLs and APIs from other manufacturers. Their reverbs are all atrocious. Even the amps aren't as good as what you get Neural DSP and Mercuriall. Sampletron and Sampletank are nothing on Kontakt or Halion. Gforce has a more accurate Mellotron. Arc System 3 is nothing on Sonarworks.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

Anyone else having SampleTank crashing in R12? I’m getting constant Hardware Exception Errors. All the other IK stuff works great.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

miscend wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Yeah I've come to the conclusion that I don't like any of the IK stuff in the 99 tier and below. I was considering upgrading to the 199 tier to get Modo Drums and Modo Bass. But its all a hassle to install and puts loads of bloatware on your drive that you have to cleanup manually. As for T-racks I prefer the LA-2As, 1176s, Neves, SSLs and APIs from other manufacturers. Their reverbs are all atrocious. Even the amps aren't as good as what you get Neural DSP and Mercuriall. Sampletron and Sampletank are nothing on Kontakt or Halion. Gforce has a more accurate Mellotron. Arc System 3 is nothing on Sonarworks.
Modo is not a hassle to install. Open the Authorizer and click install.
It doesn’t seem install bloatware.
If you’ve already got better stuff then you don’t need the IK stuff right?
丰2ॐ

Proboscis
Banned user
Posts: 1004
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 16 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Anyone else having SampleTank crashing in R12? I’m getting constant Hardware Exception Errors. All the other IK stuff works great.
How many plugins do you need, friend ? IMO you could spend the next year using only Audacity and jamming out with your sitar.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

Proboscis wrote:
16 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Anyone else having SampleTank crashing in R12? I’m getting constant Hardware Exception Errors. All the other IK stuff works great.
How many plugins do you need, friend ? IMO you could spend the next year using only Audacity and jamming out with your sitar.
Dont need any :). But i got some good ones free for buying AmpliTube which I was going to buy anyway.
丰2ॐ

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 16 Sep 2021

I've been really surprised at this group buy. I think I went in on one for IK years ago, and I think it only got up to like 3 for 1. Here's hoping we hit 2 or 3 more before the end of the month. I haven't really dug into SampleTank yet but (as a hobbyist) I've been pretty impressed with the stuff so far. Space Delay was a real nice surprise. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but it's really great. And the Sunset Sound plugin .. when will I ever want a room reverb? I thought to myself, but damn it's fantastic too.

I have 1 freebie left currently. Still on my consideration list are:
- Stealth Limiter (I'll probably just get this one, this time)
- EQ 81 (neve)
- EQP-1A (pultec) (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Saturator X (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Fender Collection 2

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
16 Sep 2021
I've been really surprised at this group buy. I think I went in on one for IK years ago, and I think it only got up to like 3 for 1. Here's hoping we hit 2 or 3 more before the end of the month. I haven't really dug into SampleTank yet but (as a hobbyist) I've been pretty impressed with the stuff so far. Space Delay was a real nice surprise. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but it's really great. And the Sunset Sound plugin .. when will I ever want a room reverb? I thought to myself, but damn it's fantastic too.

I have 1 freebie left currently. Still on my consideration list are:
- Stealth Limiter (I'll probably just get this one, this time)
- EQ 81 (neve)
- EQP-1A (pultec) (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Saturator X (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Fender Collection 2
If you’re a guitarist and have AmpliTube take the Fender2.
丰2ॐ

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 16 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
16 Sep 2021
I've been really surprised at this group buy. I think I went in on one for IK years ago, and I think it only got up to like 3 for 1. Here's hoping we hit 2 or 3 more before the end of the month. I haven't really dug into SampleTank yet but (as a hobbyist) I've been pretty impressed with the stuff so far. Space Delay was a real nice surprise. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but it's really great. And the Sunset Sound plugin .. when will I ever want a room reverb? I thought to myself, but damn it's fantastic too.

I have 1 freebie left currently. Still on my consideration list are:
- Stealth Limiter (I'll probably just get this one, this time)
- EQ 81 (neve)
- EQP-1A (pultec) (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Saturator X (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Fender Collection 2
If you’re a guitarist and have AmpliTube take the Fender2.
How many amps do I need though? .... I guess that answers the question if I'm a guitarist or not :lol:

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
16 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 Sep 2021


If you’re a guitarist and have AmpliTube take the Fender2.
How many amps do I need though? .... I guess that answers the question if I'm a guitarist or not :lol:
Do it.
丰2ॐ

Lotuz2019
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 16 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
16 Sep 2021
- EQP-1A (pultec) (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
:exclamation: The T-Racks EQP-1 has a bandwidth control that the MixBox equivalent doesn't have.

And you don't have to select all your free plugins immediately, although it can be hard to resist. ;)

WaxTrax
Posts: 51
Joined: 16 Feb 2021

Post 16 Sep 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
16 Sep 2021
And you don't have to select all your free plugins immediately, although it can be hard to resist. ;)
I have re-ordered my priorities several times during this promotion :lol:

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Sep 2021

WaxTrax wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
16 Sep 2021
And you don't have to select all your free plugins immediately, although it can be hard to resist. ;)
I have re-ordered my priorities several times during this promotion :lol:
Me too. Thing is now I have nearly everything IK have ever made and there’s still 14 days to go.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 454
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 16 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Sep 2021
WaxTrax wrote:
16 Sep 2021

I have re-ordered my priorities several times during this promotion :lol:
Me too. Thing is now I have nearly everything IK have ever made and there’s still 14 days to go.
Yes. I had quite a bit to begin with from previous group buys and this one just about cleans house. It's not sweeping up the remaining Sample Tank Libraries and then I'm resorting to getting the SE models. :D I won't be able to use them from here out and sadly you can't gift them.

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 907
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 17 Sep 2021

I just bought in again at a lower tier to round out some of my T-Racks wants and also a couple of Amplitube Collections.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 18 Sep 2021

That’s another one
丰2ॐ

User avatar
tronam
Posts: 459
Joined: 04 Mar 2015

Post 18 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
16 Sep 2021
I've been really surprised at this group buy. I think I went in on one for IK years ago, and I think it only got up to like 3 for 1. Here's hoping we hit 2 or 3 more before the end of the month. I haven't really dug into SampleTank yet but (as a hobbyist) I've been pretty impressed with the stuff so far. Space Delay was a real nice surprise. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but it's really great. And the Sunset Sound plugin .. when will I ever want a room reverb? I thought to myself, but damn it's fantastic too.

I have 1 freebie left currently. Still on my consideration list are:
- Stealth Limiter (I'll probably just get this one, this time)
- EQ 81 (neve)
- EQP-1A (pultec) (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Saturator X (would be handy, even though we have it in Mixbox)
- Fender Collection 2
I love the 2 Neves (EQ73/81) and Saturator X is nice, even though I'm drowning in saturator / overdrive / distortion / tape plugins. I've tested Stealth Limiter several times and always come to the same conclusion: I don't like how it handles transients, in any of its limiting modes, which often leads to very audible distortion even when it's not being pushed that hard. T-Racks' own Classic Clipper does a better job taming sharp transients in a pleasing way.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 18 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
18 Sep 2021
I love the 2 Neves (EQ73/81) and Saturator X is nice, even though I'm drowning in saturator / overdrive / distortion / tape plugins. I've tested Stealth Limiter several times and always come to the same conclusion: I don't like how it handles transients, in any of its limiting modes, which often leads to very audible distortion even when it's not being pushed that hard. T-Racks' own Classic Clipper does a better job taming sharp transients in a pleasing way.
Thanks for that. Still probably ok for someone like me haha. I was just going to maybe get the 81 just cause it seems more versatile.

Might actually go for The T-racks Leslie, and something else .. possibly Fender 2. If we happen to get a few more levels by the end, i'll grab the eqs and/or limiter.

Lotuz2019
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 18 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Thanks for that. Still probably ok for someone like me haha. I was just going to maybe get the 81 just cause it seems more versatile.
I went for the EQ 73 first, because MixBox also contains the EQ 81 and there isn't much difference between the EQ 81 T-Racks version and the EQ 81 MixBox version. With only 12 days to go, I'll wait till the end to see which T-Racks effects I'll select.

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 18 Sep 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Thanks for that. Still probably ok for someone like me haha. I was just going to maybe get the 81 just cause it seems more versatile.
I went for the EQ 73 first, because MixBox also contains the EQ 81 and there isn't much difference between the EQ 81 T-Racks version and the EQ 81 MixBox version. With only 12 days to go, I'll wait till the end to see which T-Racks effects I'll select.
Aha! I totally forgot the EQ 81 was in there actually. In the Channel Strips section .. I haven't had a chance to really look through everything.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4033
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 18 Sep 2021

out of curiosity, I just did some math. currently there are 16,056 participants. if we assume everyone only buys the cheapest products, that looks like $149.99 (I may have that wrong—just did a quick scroll).

that means so far, they’ve made $2,408,239.44 in sales for this promotion. not too shabby! 😅
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 18 Sep 2021

guitfnky wrote:
18 Sep 2021
out of curiosity, I just did some math. currently there are 16,056 participants. if we assume everyone only buys the cheapest products, that looks like $149.99 (I may have that wrong—just did a quick scroll).

that means so far, they’ve made $2,408,239.44 in sales for this promotion. not too shabby! 😅
Cheapest product is €39.99
丰2ॐ

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4033
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 18 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 Sep 2021
guitfnky wrote:
18 Sep 2021
out of curiosity, I just did some math. currently there are 16,056 participants. if we assume everyone only buys the cheapest products, that looks like $149.99 (I may have that wrong—just did a quick scroll).

that means so far, they’ve made $2,408,239.44 in sales for this promotion. not too shabby! 😅
Cheapest product is €39.99
ah, okay, I must’ve gotten to the wrong page somehow. 🤦🏻‍♂️

that’s still a minimum of $642,079.44. much lower, but definitely not chump change!
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
tronam
Posts: 459
Joined: 04 Mar 2015

Post 21 Sep 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Thanks for that. Still probably ok for someone like me haha. I was just going to maybe get the 81 just cause it seems more versatile.
I went for the EQ 73 first, because MixBox also contains the EQ 81 and there isn't much difference between the EQ 81 T-Racks version and the EQ 81 MixBox version. With only 12 days to go, I'll wait till the end to see which T-Racks effects I'll select.
EQ73 is one of my favorite IKM plugins so far and I like it even more than EQ81. Though not as flexible, I love it precisely for its simplicity. I've always worked in-the-box without any real world experience with hardware mixers, so In the past I never really understood the appeal of "limited" EQs like this without unlimited bands and a spectrum analyzer. Outside of surgical tasks I now greatly prefer this approach that forces me to use my ears and make quicker, more broad tonal decisions with fewer bands so that I don't get too bogged down in the technical details while composing.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 21 Sep 2021

SampleTank in R12 does weird things to the graphics. I either get all text across the entire program (menus, devices, transport, tooltips) change to hieroglyphics, or just straight up disappear. Or reason replaces certains things like buttons, or metering with mini screenshots of VSTs lol. Such a weird bug.

https://imgur.com/a/FCFiqn1

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests