Reason 12 gives me back the old ReBirth feeling!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
arnigretar

15 Sep 2021

I have this wonderful feeling I just wanted to share. Maybe many won't agree, but that's just how that is today. But I felt like sharing nonetheless. Sharing is caring!

I have been using Prop... eh, Reason Studios, software since 1998. Just when they had released version of ReBirth that made it possible to make your own Mods (if you are not familiar with that - then you could change the design and switch the samples inside ReBirth with your own gui and sounds). That was so exciting. Many great Mods popped up from 1998-2001 when ReBirth was alive and kicking. And it felt great being apart of that community. The old forum via propellerheads.se was alive and everybody was posting tips and tricks and/or showing off their new Mods. When Reason came in 2000 it gave a new fire to the community. You could Rewire ReBirth to the rack and make the Acid jam feel more alive. It was exciting times. And the new devices and the new software gave new breath to my music creations - and many others. And I must say I have this feeling today. 20 years later. Seeing all those great Combinator creations and all the tips and tricks on this forum. The vibe feels good. Of course there are many who want this or that - but seeing the Reason roadmap is something very exciting as well. They - Reason Studios - take part of the community and it feels like a family again. Which I felt in the old ReBirth days. And James and Mattias are active here as well - just like it was on the old forum.

Anyway. Just wanted to share. Keep up the great work people :puf_smile: and I look forward in seeing more Combinator 2 creations! :reason:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Loque

15 Sep 2021

Yea, true. It feels like a community or sometimes a bit like a family :-D

Sadly that there are often disputes in the family too :-D
Reason12, Win10

arnigretar

15 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
15 Sep 2021

Indeed! I have sometimes had disputes myself :lol: last time when one of my windows machines couldn't load Reason12. But thing is... in my case, those disputes always get resolved. That's something I want in a "family" or a good community.

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

rootwheel

15 Sep 2021

arnigretar wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Loque wrote:
15 Sep 2021

Indeed! I have sometimes had disputes myself :lol: last time when one of my windows machines couldn't load Reason12. But thing is... in my case, those disputes always get resolved. That's something I want in a "family" or a good community.
Hear, hear :)

jamespember
Reason Studios

15 Sep 2021

arnigretar wrote:
15 Sep 2021
I have this wonderful feeling I just wanted to share. Maybe many won't agree, but that's just how that is today. But I felt like sharing nonetheless. Sharing is caring!

I have been using Prop... eh, Reason Studios, software since 1998. Just when they had released version of ReBirth that made it possible to make your own Mods (if you are not familiar with that - then you could change the design and switch the samples inside ReBirth with your own gui and sounds). That was so exciting. Many great Mods popped up from 1998-2001 when ReBirth was alive and kicking. And it felt great being apart of that community. The old forum via propellerheads.se was alive and everybody was posting tips and tricks and/or showing off their new Mods. When Reason came in 2000 it gave a new fire to the community. You could Rewire ReBirth to the rack and make the Acid jam feel more alive. It was exciting times. And the new devices and the new software gave new breath to my music creations - and many others. And I must say I have this feeling today. 20 years later. Seeing all those great Combinator creations and all the tips and tricks on this forum. The vibe feels good. Of course there are many who want this or that - but seeing the Reason roadmap is something very exciting as well. They - Reason Studios - take part of the community and it feels like a family again. Which I felt in the old ReBirth days. And James and Mattias are active here as well - just like it was on the old forum.

Anyway. Just wanted to share. Keep up the great work people :puf_smile: and I look forward in seeing more Combinator 2 creations! :reason:
Really glad to hear this, and I feel this too. There is a real spirit and energy in the Reason community right now! :thumbup: :reason:

Lov2sing

15 Sep 2021

arnigretar wrote:
15 Sep 2021

Are you saying James Bernard is back? If that is the case I’m all in. He was the best at teaching Reason IMHO. This is not to say the rest are not good but he was my favorite.
We make music for a reason

arnigretar

15 Sep 2021

Not James Bernard though! He is great, for sure! As is Peff - who was the first Mod creator and Reason fanatic. Great guys. But I meant "jamespember" who is working at Reason Studios :-)

arnigretar

15 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Really glad to hear this, and I feel this too. There is a real spirit and energy in the Reason community right now! :thumbup: :reason:
Indeed, James! Keep up the good work! :reason: :clap:

MuttReason

15 Sep 2021

God yes, ReBirth mods.... I'd completely forgotten about those. That was a fantastic time.

Also, the fact that Reason users could publish their songs in .rps format on the old PUF and you could download these incredibly complex and impressive tracks and see, at the device level, exactly how they were made. I've kept some of the top-rated .rps files from that era and, even now, they blow me away. So much talent. Made me realise early on that, really, with enough skill and creativity, you could do a hell of a lot within Reason without any other tools.

And it's also so impressive that I can take a 20 year old digital proprietary format file and open it up in the latest version of the software (well, v11 for me until v12 is fixed) and it works perfectly without even going through a conversion (other than missing the old Line6 guitar and bass amps). Big kudos to the Props/RS team for that.

Let's hope v12 moves quickly past its current state of wobbliness and bug-festery (I'm not going near it yet, really don't like what I'm reading about it) and reaches the sunlit uplands of a bombproof solid and professionally reliable Reason release... like Reason used to be.

arnigretar

15 Sep 2021

MuttReason wrote:
15 Sep 2021
God yes, ReBirth mods.... I'd completely forgotten about those. That was a fantastic time.

Also, the fact that Reason users could publish their songs in .rps format on the old PUF and you could download these incredibly complex and impressive tracks and see, at the device level, exactly how they were made. I've kept some of the top-rated .rps files from that era and, even now, they blow me away. So much talent. Made me realise early on that, really, with enough skill and creativity, you could do a hell of a lot within Reason without any other tools.
Oh yes, I still have all the ReBirth songs. Brilliant stuff mate :D Was a great time. I put this out few years back

- my "best" ReBirth tracks from when I was 14-16 years old.

• Information