FREE Combinator 2 graphics asset pack

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
wendylou

04 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
04 Sep 2021
Wendy, maybe I misunderstood: what are you using your screen shots for?
When designing a backdrop, I overlay the combinator device screenshot layer using "Add" so I can see where the controls are located when adding graphic assets like plates or sub-layers, etc. The old combinator template included the 4 knobs, 4 buttons, and wheels, but as Reason 12 has so many variations now, that is where a snapshot of each particular combinator comes in handy, as it helps guide my layout. Ditto for any custom-designed combinator – I would take a snapshot to be used as a design guide.

overlay-demo.jpg
overlay-demo.jpg (972.21 KiB) Viewed 22260 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

guitfnky

04 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
04 Sep 2021
guitfnky wrote:
03 Sep 2021
pretty sweet to see Reason 12 is turning a bunch of musicians into art students. :lol:
You must’ve missed the PUF days. There were several great looking user mock-ups floating around. Cool to see those can be actual devices (of sorts) now.
more like forgot. the ol’ memory banks get purged more and more regularly these days. 😅
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Reasonistas
RE Developer

04 Sep 2021

Thank you Ryan for this FREE Combinator 2 graphics asset pack and to Wendy for the advice. I'm locking myself in the studio for a few days to design several skins. Exciting.
ImageImageImage

Neo

12 Sep 2021

Cheers for ^sharing R.

1st attempt at creating a patch for my MIDI Controller. Enjoying the process so far.
Good break from patching wires lol.
Roland A-500PRO.JPG
Roland A-500PRO.JPG (22.87 KiB) Viewed 22160 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Faastwalker

15 Sep 2021

wendylou wrote:
04 Sep 2021
selig wrote:
04 Sep 2021

I don’t know if I’ve understood you correctly, but it may be more accurate to do screen shots at 200% due to scaling rounding errors. I’ll post further findings soon…
I originally did make 200% snapshots but went back and replaced with 240% snapshots, which I used to test making my 4U 8x3 Rotaries backdrop. But even a 240% snapshot ends up being only 3620 x 1326px – smaller than the recommended backdrop size of 3770 x 1380px, thus, it had to be scaled up to the recommended template dimensions.
I'm getting super confused trying to maek my first Combi2 backdrop. I took a screen shot of the Combi with Reason scaled up to 200%. If I crop the resulting image down to the width of the Combi it is 1508 pixels wide. So I'm a bit stuck on this bit! :-/ Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong here. Obviously scaling up in a graphics/image editor to 3770 from 1508 is not ideal ....... that's before trying to get my head around Gimp because I don't have Photoshop anymore. Also trying Affinity Designer on iPad. It's going to take a bit of time to learn this App before I can really do much with it I think. Looks good though.

cryonicPAX

15 Sep 2021

Hey, you need to scale it up inside of your graphics program, bcs you just use it as a guide for your actual graphics. The size that is recommended by Reason is there to maximise quality on every display-scale and ratio. Use the templates givin you by Ryan, import your buttonlayout, scale it up to the needed size and start building.
Drum & Bass-Producer, Mixing-Engineer from Germany. :reason:

selig
RE Developer

15 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
15 Sep 2021
wendylou wrote:
04 Sep 2021

I originally did make 200% snapshots but went back and replaced with 240% snapshots, which I used to test making my 4U 8x3 Rotaries backdrop. But even a 240% snapshot ends up being only 3620 x 1326px – smaller than the recommended backdrop size of 3770 x 1380px, thus, it had to be scaled up to the recommended template dimensions.
I'm getting super confused trying to maek my first Combi2 backdrop. I took a screen shot of the Combi with Reason scaled up to 200%. If I crop the resulting image down to the width of the Combi it is 1508 pixels wide. So I'm a bit stuck on this bit! :-/ Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong here. Obviously scaling up in a graphics/image editor to 3770 from 1508 is not ideal ....... that's before trying to get my head around Gimp because I don't have Photoshop anymore. Also trying Affinity Designer on iPad. It's going to take a bit of time to learn this App before I can really do much with it I think. Looks good though.

You can scale the image by 125% to get it to the correct size (when taken at 200% application zoom). This is just a reference - you don’t use the scaled image in the final result so there’s no concern with scaling the image!
Selig Audio, LLC

CR68

15 Sep 2021

would be great, if anyone could paste a psd file with background and basic things and grid. i think this will clarify a lot...
:)

Faastwalker

15 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
15 Sep 2021
You can scale the image by 125% to get it to the correct size (when taken at 200% application zoom). This is just a reference - you don’t use the scaled image in the final result so there’s no concern with scaling the image!
I don't understand the 125% scaling part. Scaling my image taken at 200% zoom in Reason doesn't get anywhere near the 3770 width. I'm not following this part at all :?

EDIT: just seen you posted in the other thread. I'm going at this on several fronts!! :D A multi-pronged attack to try and work out what the what what is going on here! :crazy:

moofi

26 Sep 2021

Why all the hassle with calculating? Unless I´m missing something you can simply take a screenshot at basically any zoomlevel, though greater zooms are advantageous for blueprinting, load it into the graphic-software, cut it out and simply set it´s new width to 3770px with proportional scaling activated.

In case there are a few pixels too many on the heightside you can simply resize the canvas to the correct size, so you don´t have to manually cut out the left-over pixels from the screenshot layer itself. While only resizing the canvas the screenshot layer stays intact pixelwise (even if you don´t see its pixels across the border), also leaving a little extra margin in case it´s necessary to fine-align afterwards like when the cutout dimensions in the beginning were slightly off.

This is easily doable in Photoshop, though I at least assume it´s a pretty common thing in graphic programs.

Regarding Faastwalker mentioning being confused with the scaling factor and such - if I capture the screen at 200% zoomlevel, the resulting combinator size is around 1514px in width. 125 percent just arrives at around 1893px.
Is the Mac rescaling the desktop content so it has the same visual appearence/size on the monitor regardless of the resolution?
Asking because Windows doesn´t do that, the combinator always has the same amount of pixels here, no matter the resolution.
Yet I read something (I think even from you?) about the Mac doing rescaling of some sorts.
Saying, if you take screenshots at different resolutions, does the actual combinator size vary in pixels on a Mac?
If that´s the case you could simply be taking screenshots at a higher resolution (like in 4k) with the combinator being rescaled thus having more pixels compared to what I get here.
selig wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
15 Sep 2021

[...]

MrBlue

26 Sep 2021

Some exemples :
Reason 12 - CB2 exemples.png
Reason 12 - CB2 exemples.png (219.43 KiB) Viewed 21947 times

moofi

26 Sep 2021

Butterfly Way is sweet :-)
MrBlue wrote:
26 Sep 2021
Some exemples :

Reason 12 - CB2 exemples.png

Faastwalker

27 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
26 Sep 2021
Why all the hassle with calculating? Unless I´m missing something you can simply take a screenshot at basically any zoomlevel, though greater zooms are advantageous for blueprinting, load it into the graphic-software, cut it out and simply set it´s new width to 3770px with proportional scaling activated.

Regarding Faastwalker mentioning being confused with the scaling factor and such - if I capture the screen at 200% zoomlevel, the resulting combinator size is around 1514px in width. 125 percent just arrives at around 1893px.
Is the Mac rescaling the desktop content so it has the same visual appearence/size on the monitor regardless of the resolution? Asking because Windows doesn´t do that, the combinator always has the same amount of pixels here, no matter the resolution.
I think we can put the 'screen shot at 200% and upscale by 125%' idea well and truly to bed. Clearly this is dependent on your monitor resolution, pixel density, how the OS is handling all this etc. Everyone is getting different results from taking a screen shot at 200%. Best solution seems to be along the lines of what you suggested. I did read something from Ryan about how Reason handles graphics (EDIT: top post of page 2 of this thread) and the impact this has on what we are doing here. But I didn't really understand the details of what he was saying. I think it was Selig that found some alignment discrepancies depending on how you upscale your screenshot. The method I worked out for myself seems to work very well for me - screen shot at 200%, upscale by exactly 250% to give an image size exactly 3770. But that probably won't work for the next person. Anyway, people are producing some stunning backdrops for their Combi2 patches. So maybe I'm overthinking this thing in my search for a reliable working method. Now I've figured that part out ......... I need to learn Gimp! I was pretty happy with Photoshop but still a somewhat cack handed user. Need to brush up my editing chops :thumbup:

mimidancer

30 Sep 2021

I would like the logos for the many devices in reason to add to my backdrops.

Chi-Individual

01 Oct 2021

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8od0s31fn162 ... 2.cmb?dl=0

My first attempt at CMB2. I've always wanted the option to mix in the rack with less hassle. This is the first attempt. The Top Right small knob is for Gain Staging and the Inv doesn't work. Hopefully some new assets are released soon and I can update the knobs and buttons. Also the bypasses don't work since that asset hasn't been included yet.

MrBlue

05 Oct 2021

moofi wrote:
26 Sep 2021
It's a Combi with Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer, free now !
If you want it, tell me...

moofi

06 Oct 2021

Well, yes please :-)
MrBlue wrote:
05 Oct 2021
moofi wrote:
26 Sep 2021
It's a Combi with Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer, free now !
If you want it, tell me...

MrBlue

07 Oct 2021

moofi

10 Oct 2021

Cut out a few tape strip labels from a free-to-use tape strip collage:
Tape Strips.zip
(207.83 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Tape Strips.png
Tape Strips.png (354.73 KiB) Viewed 21643 times

DJMaytag

13 Jun 2022

What sort of iPad apps would you recommend for image manipulation? I mostly want to grab some screen shots from VST’s and cut and paste them into the Combi2 image size, but what I have now on MacOS (Pixelmator) doesn’t seem to work for what I’m trying to do.

selig
RE Developer

14 Jun 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
27 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
26 Sep 2021

Is the Mac rescaling the desktop content so it has the same visual appearence/size on the monitor regardless of the resolution? Asking because Windows doesn´t do that, the combinator always has the same amount of pixels here, no matter the resolution.
I think we can put the 'screen shot at 200% and upscale by 125%' idea well and truly to bed. Clearly this is dependent on your monitor resolution, pixel density, how the OS is handling all this etc. Everyone is getting different results from taking a screen shot at 200%. Best solution seems to be along the lines of what you suggested. I did read something from Ryan about how Reason handles graphics (EDIT: top post of page 2 of this thread) and the impact this has on what we are doing here. But I didn't really understand the details of what he was saying. I think it was Selig that found some alignment discrepancies depending on how you upscale your screenshot. The method I worked out for myself seems to work very well for me - screen shot at 200%, upscale by exactly 250% to give an image size exactly 3770. But that probably won't work for the next person. Anyway, people are producing some stunning backdrops for their Combi2 patches. So maybe I'm overthinking this thing in my search for a reliable working method. Now I've figured that part out ......... I need to learn Gimp! I was pretty happy with Photoshop but still a somewhat cack handed user. Need to brush up my editing chops :thumbup:
Mac users scale at 125%, Windows users scale at 250%. There are no other variables including monitor resolution, so ‘everyone’ is getting one of two results as far as I’ve seen. Easy to test as you have done. My main point was that using Application Zoom other than 100 or 200% was causing the problems I and others were seeing. Plus, the benefit is never having to measure or trim the screen grabs, and being able to grab only a small section of the screen that you need instead of the entire panel each time.
Selig Audio, LLC

aljen

16 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
13 Jun 2022
What sort of iPad apps would you recommend for image manipulation?
I can highly recommend the app called ProCreate. This is the (pixel) graphic editor and creator for iPad. While mainly a paint and draw app, ProCreate offers a lot of quite useful and precise image edition tools. It supports layer, masks, clipping, grouping, even colour spaces – whatever a professional needs. The only thing that isn’t that „professional“ is the very moderate price. There is no abo/no subscription, just a small few to pay once, which is fine. No strings added.

You may need to spend a few hours learning the workflow, depending on your experience in image editing. This applies for any app of this kind, of course. :puf_smile:

ProCreate can handle layered Photoshop files quite accurately. It also imports numerous Photoshop assets like the brushes, which is IMHO a nice icing on the cake.

ProCreate on my iPad Pro replaced Photoshop for most of tasks. They are private and professional tasks like image editing and illustration.

And yes, Photoshop for iPad works fine as well, but you‘d need any of these Adobe subscriptions to get it activated.

Caveat: I am not affiliated with the ProCreate company in any way, just a humble graphic designer who uses their tool.

Cheers, aljen

theshoemaker

29 Jun 2022

aljen wrote:
16 Jun 2022
DJMaytag wrote:
13 Jun 2022
What sort of iPad apps would you recommend for image manipulation?
I can highly recommend the app called ProCreate. This is the (pixel) graphic editor and creator for iPad. While mainly a paint and draw app, ProCreate offers a lot of quite useful and precise image edition tools. It supports layer, masks, clipping, grouping, even colour spaces – whatever a professional needs. The only thing that isn’t that „professional“ is the very moderate price. There is no abo/no subscription, just a small few to pay once, which is fine. No strings added.

You may need to spend a few hours learning the workflow, depending on your experience in image editing. This applies for any app of this kind, of course. :puf_smile:

ProCreate can handle layered Photoshop files quite accurately. It also imports numerous Photoshop assets like the brushes, which is IMHO a nice icing on the cake.

ProCreate on my iPad Pro replaced Photoshop for most of tasks. They are private and professional tasks like image editing and illustration.

And yes, Photoshop for iPad works fine as well, but you‘d need any of these Adobe subscriptions to get it activated.

Caveat: I am not affiliated with the ProCreate company in any way, just a humble graphic designer who uses their tool.

Cheers, aljen
Deffenitely ProcCreate. There are a couple of more but for simplicity and creativity, this is all you need. It has layers, a ton of professional brushes and is just 9 bucks. Probably the best drawing app for iPad.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

moofi

05 Jul 2022

Ah, I see, thought there were more varying options. It´s indeed easy that way. Thank you.
selig wrote:
14 Jun 2022
Faastwalker wrote:
27 Sep 2021

Mac users scale at 125%, Windows users scale at 250%. There are no other variables including monitor resolution, so ‘everyone’ is getting one of two results as far as I’ve seen. Easy to test as you have done. My main point was that using Application Zoom other than 100 or 200% was causing the problems I and others were seeing. Plus, the benefit is never having to measure or trim the screen grabs, and being able to grab only a small section of the screen that you need instead of the entire panel each time.

• Information