All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

Gardinski wrote:
14 Sep 2021
This is superb news, James. As it happens, I already own all the new items which have gone into the store, but it's really great for people who don't already have a full suite of RS stuff.

Just checked and I see that my points balance has shot up by a further 20 pts as a result of upgrading to R12, even though I bought it at JRRshop. Wow. That was a nice surprise! I wasn't expecting that at all.

(So that takes me to just 1pt away from another 50 pt voucher! Haha. That will come in handy if forthcoming RS products are going to be added to the reward store upon release.)
Glad to hear it!

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I hear you loud and clear. The updates you want are: upgrades, uncap the limit and figuring out how to handle sales. Can't promise anything, but can promise to look into this and give it a good evaluation.

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

Gardinski wrote:
14 Sep 2021
This is superb news, James. As it happens, I already own all the new items which have gone into the store, but it's really great for people who don't already have a full suite of RS stuff.

Just checked and I see that my points balance has shot up by a further 20 pts as a result of upgrading to R12, even though I bought it at JRRshop. Wow. That was a nice surprise! I wasn't expecting that at all.

(So that takes me to just 1pt away from another 50 pt voucher! Haha. That will come in handy if forthcoming RS products are going to be added to the reward store upon release.)
This is one of the few posts I've seen where a user is excited in earning points. Which is great :) I'd love to be inspired to earn and spend points.

I think that is what has been lacking from the rewards shop. With a minimal selection and with many users finding themselves already having more points than a voucher/purchase allows and at the same time not being excited by any purchase options and the idea of having to pay out of pocket anywhere from $50 to $400 (gtfo Softphonics lol), those users move on and no longer focus on earning and spending points.

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

On that note, I think Softube's Tube-Tech RE should be removed from everything :lol: We have better options in the RE format for pultec EQ at a fraction of the price. And if someone really wanted the Tube-Tech, I would recommend the VST so they can have the flexibility of loading each individual plugin and not loading the monolith every time that has zero CV connectivity anyways. It's just gross looking at that price tag along with a $50 voucher cap IMO.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021
On that note, I think Softube's Tube-Tech RE should be removed from everything :lol: We have better options in the RE format for pultec EQ at a fraction of the price. And if someone really wanted the Tube-Tech, I would recommend the VST so they can have the flexibility of loading each individual plugin and not loading the monolith every time that has zero CV connectivity anyways. It's just gross looking at that price tag along with a $50 voucher cap IMO.
I think they should remove it just give Softube a poke in the eye with a shitty stick having a customer service with a terrible attitude.
Last edited by MrFigg on 14 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Gardinski wrote:
14 Sep 2021

This is one of the few posts I've seen where a user is excited in earning points. Which is great :) I'd love to be inspired to earn and spend points.

I think that is what has been lacking from the rewards shop. With a minimal selection and with many users finding themselves already having more points than a voucher/purchase allows and at the same time not being excited by any purchase options and the idea of having to pay out of pocket anywhere from $50 to $400 (gtfo Softphonics lol), those users move on and no longer focus on earning and spending points.
Right, that's fair. Lots to think about what is needed to make this a legit program, if we want that. Will take this back to the team.
Last edited by jamespember on 14 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

dhruan

14 Sep 2021

Nnnnnnnice! 👌🏻 I wish they would uncap the limit, was surprised to find 156 points on my account. Definitely have my eye on Friktion... and some other stuff too.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2021

I’m starting to like Propellerheads again. Two good moves in the space of a week. Back on track. Well done.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Marc Swing

14 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2021
I’m starting to like Propellerheads again. Two good moves in the space of a week. Back on track. Well done.
+1 on that :clap: :-)

Wee Joe

14 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2021
+1. Just got myself Rotor, well pleased.

Faastwalker

14 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Whilst we are on the topic, what else would you like to see from the Rewards Shop/Loyalty Program in general?
Excellent news about more RS RE’s in the Rewards area. A bit late for subscribers as we already have them all ……

……. So, what I’d like to see is PX7 brought back as a paid for RE and it finding its way straight into Rewards! :D

doze

14 Sep 2021

It would also be nice to get a reward based on currency. As in the products are priced in our currency but the reward is $25 or $50 across the board. It should be currency based as well. ie. $50US reward should be $75 CAN reward or whatever crazy conversion RS employs.

Jagwah

14 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2021
+1 Really cool to see things like this!

Stamatz

14 Sep 2021

This is great news, finally! Thank you Reason Studios.

Just bought Algoritm :geek:
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Luyang

14 Sep 2021

Hello,

So If I have 76 rewards points, two vouchers :25euros and 50 euros, can I use them both to buy Algorithm ? I want to be sure I can use them both before activate them.

Tks for the answer, and Tks to the Prop's team for this action :clap:

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

Luyang wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Hello,

So If I have 76 rewards points, two vouchers :25euros and 50 euros, can I use them both to buy Algorithm ? I want to be sure I can use them both before activate them.

Tks for the answer, and Tks to the Prop's team for this action :clap:
No, currently the max allowed per purchase is 50.

But sit tight and let's see if James can work some magic by passing along the suggestion 🙂

integerpoet

14 Sep 2021

I guess the idea of reward points is to give RS flexibility to manage currency exchange rates over time or some such, so I won't complain that points exist, but the fact that for quite some time the exchange rate with USD has been 1-for-1 does make me wonder. Maybe it oscillates wildly while I'm not looking! :-)

It also seems odd to bother with redeeming clumps of points on vouchers which can only be used one at a time. I happen to have 99 points at the moment, and I'm not especially motivated to get one more in order to break 100 and be able to exchange those points for two 50-point vouchers because at the moment I lust for exactly one of the products on offer.

It seems obvious to me that to feel as if one is maximizing rewards one will lean towards purchases which have a price point just above one of the voucher amounts, which means one is less likely to buy Algoritm this way because there is no 100-point voucher. I realize this is psychological/emotional rather than solid microeconomics — saving 50 USD is saving 50 USD is saving 50 USD — but I can be just as irrational as the next person.

It also seems odd that vouchers expire. I get that points don't expire, so obviously I shouldn't convert to vouchers until I'm ready to "spend" the vouchers immediately. Oh, look how clever I am for outsmarting RS. :-)

I have to wonder why vouchers exist unless it's to deliberately introduce friction. Why would I want to learn and play these games? Is RS trying to get into a sideline of making puzzles? Because these are terrible. :-)

It seems the shop should simply list up to two prices for each item, the first in currency and potentially a second one in points, and if the current exchange rate means the two numbers are the same, so be it. I promise not to complain if that happens.

I mean, airlines do it, right? How hard can it be? :-)

AttenuationHz

14 Sep 2021

Vouchers should just be done away with completely the way it currently works is just needlessly confusing. When making a purchase you should just be able to choose how many reward points to spend, even if you only have 1 it still equal to 1 unit of your currency. So it is great that RS has finally decided to add more devices to the rewards store but the vouchers are just way too confusing, 1 per purchase being the most confusing part and there is a work around for that problem but only if you're purchasing more than 1 RE.

Being able to purchase reward points would be a great way to entice guaranteed sales. Great way to put money by for an update or new RE and less intensive on the wallet.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jam-s

14 Sep 2021

It might also be an option to do special sales where you can gain double or triple reward points for a purchase. But for those sales to be enticing the limit on spending those points should be lifted first.

jamespember
Reason Studios

15 Sep 2021

Thanks everyone, this is honestly really helpful. I'm hearing a couple of things come up multiple times:

- Reason upgrades?
- Increase or remove the max limit of points per transaction (currently 50/$50)
- Look into better currency support
- Currently vouchers cannot be used on items that are on sale - review this policy
- Should vouchers expire after 60 days?

I'll run a short evaluation internally and talk to the right people and see what I can come up with. Again, can't promise anything, but can promise to look into it! Thanks all.

Loque

15 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Thanks everyone, this is honestly really helpful. I'm hearing a couple of things come up multiple times:

- Reason upgrades?
- Currently vouchers cannot be used on items that are on sale - review this policy

I'll run a short evaluation internally and talk to the right people and see what I can come up with. Again, can't promise anything, but can promise to look into it! Thanks all.
Thanks. Appreciate the listening.

Ofc you cannot and must not promise anything.
Reason12, Win10

Eurikon

15 Sep 2021

Wow! i almost spit coffee on the screen, and pinched myself 2 times!!

This announcement is even better then R12 (lol just kidding).
But indeed a very very welcome announcement and change of policy.

I finally can use up my reward points that have been sitting in my account for ages.
+1 on all of the above that has been requested, remove the limitations please, it will encourage the use of points and thus also increase sales in the end.

All the best!
Latif
★ --------------------------------------- ★
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon
https://eurikon.bandcamp.com
https://instagram.com/eurikon_music
★ --------------------------------------- ★

Tinnitus

15 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
15 Sep 2021

- Reason upgrades?

Thanks James, this is great.

Please could you also show all reward points transactions (paginated?) rather than just the last 5? Thanks.

Yonatan

15 Sep 2021

RS is really on the go to building a better experience and service for the users.
Communicating roadmap and expanding Reward shop. Keep going! 🙏🏼

DaveyG

15 Sep 2021

Yonatan wrote:
15 Sep 2021
RS is really on the go to building a better experience and service for the users.
Communicating roadmap and expanding Reward shop. Keep going! 🙏🏼
If they keep going we'll be in danger of running out of stuff to complain about. :lol:

• Information