All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

EDIT: 125$€ option introduced viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7524757

Hi everyone

I know that this has been requested for a long time so I am happy to announce that all the Reason Studios Rack Extensions are now available in the Rewards Shop. For those of you unaware, there is a loyalty program where you earn Reward Points for certain activities (sign up, purchases in the shop etc), which can be converted into voucher/discount codes. You can see your current reward points and all of that here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/rewards

All RS REs in Reward Shop: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewa ... &sort=date

Whilst we are on the topic, what else would you like to see from the Rewards Shop/Loyalty Program in general?

PS. Please let me know if we missed anything or if you run into any issues with the new products and voucher codes etc.
Last edited by jamespember on 17 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Mataya

14 Sep 2021

That's great, but I just activated my 50bucks voucher for SAMproject RE and now it's gone. :)
I wish to see other Re's in there that are less then 100us.

tx
M

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

Mataya wrote:
14 Sep 2021
That's great, but I just activated my 50bucks voucher for SAMproject RE and now it's gone. :)

tx
M
It's still in there. If you're viewing the link above, that is for the RS REs.

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

James, I know a big request has been to have Reason upgrades in the rewards shop

It would also be great if there were no max on points allowed in a transaction—which would really encourage customers to buy more REs in the shop to build up more points.

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Mataya wrote:
14 Sep 2021

tx
M
It's still in there. If you're viewing the link above, that is for the RS REs.
Good point!

The full link for the rewards store is of course https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewards/

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021
James, I know a big request has been to have Reason upgrades in the rewards shop

It would also be great if there were no max on points allowed in a transaction—which would really encourage customers to buy more REs in the shop to build up more points.
Thx for this, will look into both.

Billy+

14 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021

+1 on points & upgrade :thumbup:
jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Whilst we are on the topic, what else would you like to see from the Rewards Shop/Loyalty Program in general?

PS. Please let me know if we missed anything or if you run into any issues with the new products and voucher codes etc.

Also would definitely be interested to see

Disco School
Soul School 1&2

Available
Last edited by Billy+ on 14 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

14 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021

A good example of how points should work is as follows.

I have earned £10 of virtual coins on plugin boutique and cable guys timeshaper2 goes on sale from £32 down to £8 so I use my virtual coins to buy it without spending real coins and at the discounted price while still keeping the virtual change :clap:

VIVIsect

14 Sep 2021

Huh. Nice! Might go ahead and grab Pattern Mutator.

And yes, as previously mentioned, having a limit on how many points that can be used for a purchase is a bummer. I have 100 points but can only use 50 at a time?

BananaSkins

14 Sep 2021

+1 for no limit…
+1 for putting Rewards towards any shop purchases including upgrades… :thumbs_up:

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

VIVIsect wrote:
14 Sep 2021

And yes, as previously mentioned, having a limit on how many points that can be used for a purchase is a bummer. I have 100 points but can only use 50 at a time?
Yeah this is a little strange, I agree. We're going to have a look at the entire program and what we can improve easily. So keep the ideas and feedback coming!

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

VIVIsect wrote:
14 Sep 2021
And btw, PatMut is such a great (and underrated if you ask me) device, have fun with that!!! :thumbup: :re:

lowtom

14 Sep 2021

The worst thing is I lost my 50EUR voucher as It expired after activation. I just forgot about activating it due to every day chores and it’s gone. It should not be this way.
:reason: :refill: :re:

Billy+

14 Sep 2021

lowtom wrote:
14 Sep 2021
The worst thing is I lost my 50EUR voucher as It expired after activation. I just forgot about activating it due to every day chores and it’s gone. It should not be this way.
Yeah there's no reason for it to be this way, we should just be able to specify an amount that is taken from our reward points and get the reduction at the checkout :thumbup:

jamespember
Reason Studios

14 Sep 2021

lowtom wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Do you mean the 60 day activation or something else? DM me with your Reason account username and I can hook you up.

RoryM0

14 Sep 2021

This is quality news. Now, Pattern Mutator, Algoritm or Friktion???

Billy+

14 Sep 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Definitely Algorithm
Possibly Friktion

Trial Mutator before you commit :thumbup:
I think it needs some changes:- viewtopic.php?p=569166#p569166

I've got them all ;)
Last edited by Billy+ on 14 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

RoryM0

14 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Sep 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Definitely Algorithm
Possibly Friktion

I've got them all ;)
Re PatMut will do. The only thing that I reckon will keep me from going for PM is that I'm convinced that Evolution feeding into Sequences will get me something very similar with the added bonus of being able to edit the midi afterwards :)

I really like FM synthesis though, so may go for Algo.

Billy+

14 Sep 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Sep 2021

Definitely Algorithm
Possibly Friktion

I've got them all ;)
Re PatMut will do. The only thing that I reckon will keep me from going for PM is that I'm convinced that Evolution feeding into Sequences will get me something very similar with the added bonus of being able to edit the midi afterwards :)

I really like FM synthesis though, so may go for Algo.
I just updated my post to include this link viewtopic.php?p=569166#p569166

Mutator is interesting but I'm still having issues with the mutations!

Ultimately it comes down to how you work and what your looking for, I find it better to add variations myself but mutator does give some interesting results but definitely needs better controls.

Recording into sequences definitely gives you better control than mutator and evolution is excellent at generating content which I usually bounce to midi and finish off manually.

Arrant
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2021

That's good news James, thanks.

The most obvious improvement I can think of would be to allow the use of rewards points towards products on sale, instead of removing products on sale from the rewards shop like you do now.

joeyluck

14 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
14 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2021

Thx for this, will look into both.
I think if the Rewards program gets proper attention with these fixes to make users want to earn and spend points by buying more, it could also be a VERY good benefit and appeal for Reason+.

Again, using Kilohearts and their subscription+voucher as an example, if Reason+ subscribers received points that they could then spend on Reason, REs and ReFills, I think many more would subscribe and remain subscribed. It encourages users to keep earning points by staying subscribed, but also offers that reassurance to users hesitant to subscribe.

That said, even if rewards were added to Reason+ and still capped at 50 points per purchase, I think that would still be a dud. Many of the REs in the rewards section go on sale for just as good of a deal as using points at full price. It's nice to at least see some that are under $100. But users should be encouraged to buy more from the shop or subscribe longer to earn points which they can use to buy some things in full instead of the current setup where a "reward" always involves some money coming out of the customer's pocket.

Loque

14 Sep 2021

Man... Good i didnt wasted my points yet. Hopefully they stay in my account until i made some decisions.
Reason12, Win10

client6

14 Sep 2021

Good start but for many of us we have all of them already (and that’s how we got all the points...lol).

+1 uncap limit / decouple from increments
+1 use on upgrade

Also you could have a monthly rotating developer to give them more exposure and people a way to get hooked on their stuff.

It definitely needs to have more options or be more dynamic. As it is it just looks like a bandage on top of an undeveloped idea.

Gardinski

14 Sep 2021

This is superb news, James. As it happens, I already own all the new items which have gone into the store, but it's really great for people who don't already have a full suite of RS stuff.

Just checked and I see that my points balance has shot up by a further 20 pts as a result of upgrading to R12, even though I bought it at JRRshop. Wow. That was a nice surprise! I wasn't expecting that at all.

(So that takes me to just 1pt away from another 50 pt voucher! Haha. That will come in handy if forthcoming RS products are going to be added to the reward store upon release.)

• Information