Cerberus Bass Amp, VST or Reason Rack Extenstion?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Mistro17

13 Sep 2021

I'm going to buy this bass amp by from Kuassa. I have the VST demo and loving it. While doing research I see that there's VST and Reason Rack Extension versions. I'm wondering if I should get it from the Reason store or Kuassa site. It's the same price but I wonder if I buy the RE version if that would limit it to only be used in Reason. The only reason I'm debating this is because I would love to have it as a RE instead of the encased VST in the rack (cosmetic?) if I can still use it as a VST without Reason in another DAW for example. Also wondering if having a native RE version have any advantages for automation for example over the VST version. So anyone know if there's a difference between the RE or straight VST versions? My instinct tells me the VST version is more versatile but just looking for confirmation.

dvdrtldg

13 Sep 2021

As far as I know there's no functional difference between the RE and the VST. Both have the same features & automation possibilities - but as you say, the RE sits more nicely in the rack (I'm basing this info on Vermilion and Creme, which I have in both RE and VST, so I assume Cerberus is the same)

It's not true that the RE can only be used inside Reason - you can always use the Reason Rack Plugin in another DAW and access Cerberus RE that way if you want

So... inside Reason, the RE and the VST both work, but the VST is a little more clunky. While outside Reason, the RE and the VST both work, but the RE is a little more clunky

Mistro17

13 Sep 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
13 Sep 2021

So... inside Reason, the RE and the VST both work, but the VST is a little more clunky. While outside Reason, the RE and the VST both work, but the RE is a little more clunky
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking about. I might not want to load the RRP just for this in another DAW. (feels like using a VST to get another VST just for an amp) But I like the way it sits in Reason. And I like the way it looks in the VST form with the amp and mic graphics. Maybe I should wait and see if there's a crazy %50 off sale during the upcoming holidays and get both which will equal the same full price :-)

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2021

Don't quote me on this as I don't own it, but I believe the VST versions of Kuassa amps can load custom IR's, whereas the RE's can't. I think that's the only difference, besides the GUI.

• Information