Red Rock Sound released two new equalizers (Program & Mid-Range)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loud_Silence

12 Sep 2021

rEQP-1A Program Equalizer: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equalizer/

reMEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equalizer/

I'm thinking of grabbing the rEQP-1A with that intro price, as I don't yet have a Pultec EQ rack extension.
How do you think it compares with other Pultec options in the shop?

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

Not sure how it compares with the others, but I like this dev and want to support them. I will buy the rEQP-1A when I get paid :D

Since I don't have a pultec style eq yet, and the price is right.

Neo

12 Sep 2021

If i didn't already own the KUASA EVE-AT Series, I would of given RRS a trial.
-
EVE-MP5 Program Equalizer.jpg
EVE-MP5 Program Equalizer.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Billy+

12 Sep 2021

I like red rock stuff but as posted above I have the full collection from kuasa.

joeyluck

12 Sep 2021

I also have the Kuassa MP5 already, but I may eventually give this a look as well as the one from Blamsoft. It's one of my favorite types of EQs.

There's so many great options over the Softube Tube-Tech. I trust both the Blamsoft and Red Rock options are excellent as well.

I'd love to see Red Rock update their ModularRE with these and a CL 1B compressor.

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2021

lol I'm not an eq junky, but I do know of the Pultec and Neve eqs. I had no idea those white Kuassa ones were an emulation of those. Guess I just didn't bother to look into them at all.

After having a play around with the 'mini' Pultec included in IK's MixBox, I'm pretty impressed so I was thinking about getting the stand-alone version. Maybe I should check out the Red Rock one and get something else from the IK deal :thumbs_up:

Kalm

15 Sep 2021

The Kuassa ones are inspired and not necessary emulations.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

moofi

16 Sep 2021

I just got he EQP-1A. While it doesn´t reach the softube´s level it´s a pretty good alternative for that price :-)

joeyluck

16 Sep 2021

Kalm wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Well they are still emulations and referred to as such and as reproductions, and when doing an A/B test between the MP5 and the Tube-Tech, users couldn't hear a difference. I think the inspired by portion is in regards to combining the EQs into one device like the MP5 and some extra features like saturation?

moofi

16 Sep 2021

Were the users deaf maybe? :D

I made an ABC comparison between the Tube-tech, the MP5 and the RedRock rEQP-1A and there are clearly immense differences between each module.
joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Kalm wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Well they are still emulations and referred to as such and as reproductions, and when doing an A/B test between the MP5 and the Tube-Tech, users couldn't hear a difference. I think the inspired by portion is in regards to combining the EQs into one device like the MP5 and some extra features like saturation?

joeyluck

16 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
16 Sep 2021

I made an ABC comparison between the Tube-tech, the MP5 and the RedRock rEQP-1A and there are clearly immense differences between each module.
joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2021

Did you compare patches of the same settings? Did you bypass the Tube-Tech compressor?

moofi

16 Sep 2021

I tested them intensly over a few hours maybe. Not only with the same settings, which sounded different already, but tried to match them soundwise through different settings on each device which just wasn´t possible because in the end they all sound and behave differently. And yes, I soloed each section, so no compression applied.
joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
16 Sep 2021

Did you compare patches of the same settings? Did you bypass the Tube-Tech compressor?

motuscott

16 Sep 2021

RRS have some wonderful REs, it's true
I'm sure this one will not disappoint.
I've got a full buttload of REs, may not dive in
Trying to wrap my head around Reaper, ATM
May the Reason Pony be with you
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Kalm

22 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Kalm wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Nah, this was something they mentioned a long time ago when people were comparing them. They specifically wanted to correct the populous that the EQ curves may resemble the action of the devices (probably by ear) but the unit itself is not modeled. It’s basically their take on what if they made a pultec or “I really like pultecs. This is why I like them”. Doesn’t take away from the great sound of the unit but I would look elsewhere for an authentic emulation.

Note, the Kuassa is probably my favorite version though in RE
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Kalm

22 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
16 Sep 2021
I tested them intensly over a few hours maybe. Not only with the same settings, which sounded different already, but tried to match them soundwise through different settings on each device which just wasn´t possible because in the end they all sound and behave differently. And yes, I soloed each section, so no compression applied.
joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2021

I tested Blamsoft and RedRock against Purple and too my surprise Blamsoft came the closest, but I love the RedRick character. Come to find out I think one of them modeled the WA version according to my tests.

moofi

25 Sep 2021

Closest to what if I may ask?
Kalm wrote:
22 Sep 2021

[...]
I tested Blamsoft and RedRock against Purple and too my surprise Blamsoft came the closest, but I love the RedRick character. [...]

What is the "WA" version?
Kalm wrote:
22 Sep 2021

[...]
Come to find out I think one of them modeled the WA version according to my tests.

Billy+

25 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
25 Sep 2021

I'm guessing it's a warm audio clone?

Kalm

25 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
25 Sep 2021
Kalm wrote:
22 Sep 2021

[...]
I tested Blamsoft and RedRock against Purple and too my surprise Blamsoft came the closest, but I love the RedRick character. [...]

Kalm wrote:
22 Sep 2021

[...]
Come to find out I think one of them modeled the WA version according to my tests.
Warm Audio.

moofi

25 Sep 2021

Thank you. And regarding the first question? :-D
Kalm wrote:
25 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
25 Sep 2021

Warm Audio.

Kalm

25 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
25 Sep 2021
Kalm wrote:
25 Sep 2021

Warm Audio.
Oh Purple P3 and EQH by Acustica Audio

moofi

30 Sep 2021

Thank you, I thought you were referring to hardware.
Kalm wrote:
25 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
25 Sep 2021

Oh Purple P3 and EQH by Acustica Audio

• Information