[Metal/Djent] Theme for Zenkiller

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

Hi there!

Another piece from me. This it's quite different from what I usually produce. I needed a soundtrack for a video I am making, and I also wanted to give a try in a actual song to my two combi2 patches, the Berio and the Hoorn (you can find them to download in the Combi2 Creations subforum), so this is the result.

I'm not used to produce this genre, so any critique is much appreciated and welcome both on the composition side as well as on the producing/mixing side. To quote the guy of the video I am working on: "always strive for improvement".

Have a nice day!

gullum

11 Sep 2021

You might want to pan the guitars so they don't compete with the bass and kick in the centre of the mix IMO there is too much low end on the
guitar, the synth in the middle I love

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
11 Sep 2021
You might want to pan the guitars so they don't compete with the bass and kick in the centre of the mix IMO there is too much low end on the
guitar, the synth in the middle I love
Thank you for listening, Gullum, I followed your advice on the stereo width of the guitars and updated the track. Thank you for your constructive feedback!

teddymcw

14 Sep 2021

Ya, this is great! Unique and rippin for sure, thanks for posting the combis and even more so your music. Cheers

Quarmat
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2021

teddymcw wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Ya, this is great! Unique and rippin for sure, thanks for posting the combis and even more so your music. Cheers
Thank you for your comment. Have a nice day!

strangers
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2021

Pretty cool track! Try syncopating the drums to match the guitars around the 2:05 mark. That might give more of an aggressive sound that I feel like the section was leading to. The drums are a little too straight forward there and could be more impactful.

• Information