VCV Rack V2 Teaser

Discuss VST stuff here!
chimp_spanner

11 Sep 2021

I'm so incredibly ready for this.

Loque

11 Sep 2021

Ok. I am interested in the VST. The old bridge was just crap.
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

11 Sep 2021

I couldn't get into VCV rack . I found Voltage Modular more appealing so I bought that. But whenever I use that I find I would rather be using Reason in a modular fashion which is what I did to begin with. The moral of the story , at least for me, is not to let my head get turned every time a new thing comes out

MarkTarlton

11 Sep 2021

Nice! I haven't opened up the Rack in a while but I look forward to seeing what this has to offer.

huggermugger

11 Sep 2021

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

chimp_spanner

13 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I couldn't get into VCV rack . I found Voltage Modular more appealing so I bought that. But whenever I use that I find I would rather be using Reason in a modular fashion which is what I did to begin with. The moral of the story , at least for me, is not to let my head get turned every time a new thing comes out
I have VM, it's good but something about it feels clunky and I'm not a fan of the visual style. It feels like Duplo. VCV feels like Lego Technics :lol:

There's also a looot more out there in terms of free modules for VCV. Hundreds. Albeit of varying quality but the ones that are good, are really good. The only thing that's put me off using it is that it's standalone! Exciting.

PhillipOrdonez

13 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Great news! You are saving tons of money that would have gone into eurorack modules had your experience been any different 😂

DaveyG

13 Sep 2021

Unfortunately I think their business decision to charge for the VST version means that they are always going to find it a challenge going up against Voltage Modular. The free version of VM is very capable and comes as VST and standalone.

VCV has thousands of available modules but they are hugely variable in quality. They need a free VST version to stay in the game.

Jackjackdaw

13 Sep 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Sep 2021
Jackjackdaw wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I have VM, it's good but something about it feels clunky and I'm not a fan of the visual style. It feels like Duplo. VCV feels like Lego Technics :lol:

There's also a looot more out there in terms of free modules for VCV. Hundreds. Albeit of varying quality but the ones that are good, are really good. The only thing that's put me off using it is that it's standalone! Exciting.
Yeah, it's the sheer number of modules available that I found daunting and the browser was kind of slow displaying them. A lot of the 3rd party modules are quite deep and esoteric and I couldn't figure out what they did without looking for a manual while the stock stuff is really basic. That's all fine but I just didn't vibe with it. I also agree the VM is a bit clunky in some places like some module designs but the integrated browser / shop / demo thing is great and the CV and midi routing is handled really well and it already is a plugin .

Jackjackdaw

13 Sep 2021

DaveyG wrote:
13 Sep 2021
Unfortunately I think their business decision to charge for the VST version means that they are always going to find it a challenge going up against Voltage Modular. The free version of VM is very capable and comes as VST and standalone.

VCV has thousands of available modules but they are hugely variable in quality. They need a free VST version to stay in the game.
There is such an army of fans though. It's got a community much stronger than VM , I think they will lap it up.

chaosroyale

13 Sep 2021

Looks great. I have been searching for a modular rack with a nice visually-based UI, that hosts VSTs, and allows me to make VST combinators that I can use across different DAWs.

huggermugger

19 Sep 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
13 Sep 2021
Looks great. I have been searching for a modular rack with a nice visually-based UI, that hosts VSTs, and allows me to make VST combinators that I can use across different DAWs.
Voltage Modular would fit the bill, and it's already tried and tested. Hosts VSTs with ease (VST2, VST3 and AU).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 12.14.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 12.14.37 PM.png (811.48 KiB) Viewed 901 times

chaosroyale

25 Sep 2021

huggermugger wrote:
19 Sep 2021
chaosroyale wrote:
13 Sep 2021
Voltage Modular would fit the bill, and it's already tried and tested. Hosts VSTs with ease (VST2, VST3 and AU).
Yes, I looked at Voltage Modular, and it is pretty cool, but it has some of the things I dislike about the Reason Rack (the cheesy "wooden panels") and visually it's a bit ugly and cartoony. But it's on my list of candidates, if VCV doesn't live up to the hype.

ravasb

25 Sep 2021

I use VCV and Voltage Modular every day. Both are brilliant. I use VM when I want to put together something fairly quickly for a project. VCV is for long trips down the rabbit hole. I highly recommend Omri Cohen's Youtube videos to get a better sense of what VCV can do.

• Information