Aggregate Music System 1.0.1 - Update available!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

03 Sep 2021

DaveyG wrote:
03 Sep 2021
muckmclane wrote:
03 Sep 2021

Actually I am having trouble trying to decide what I find more fascinating: AMS or that dudes list of things he doesn't like.
At least AMS comes with a manual.
Lectric Panda’s manuals are usually very good. But would love to see a detailed video demo for this one. Can we get ReasonExperts out of retirement for an AMS video series? He’s a bit of a douche but he did make some pretty good Reason device videos. His output was prolific. Then it sort of went off the rails a bit! Shame.

modecca

05 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
31 Aug 2021

That one REALLY stuck out for me as well. Sounds like a Boards of Canada interlude. Gorgeous.
Have you head of an artist that goes by the name “1991" ?
He is responsible for two albums (high tech life/no more dreams; I only like a few songs on the third one) that I can’t get enough of. I would really like to figure out a way to get closer to that deceptively simple feel/sound.
🔗💥

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 Sep 2021

modecca wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
31 Aug 2021

That one REALLY stuck out for me as well. Sounds like a Boards of Canada interlude. Gorgeous.
He is responsible for two albums (high tech life/no more dreams; I only like a few songs on the third one) that I can’t get enough of. I would really like to figure out a way to get closer to that deceptively simple feel/sound.
Going to check it out. I've been digging https://cult48.bandcamp.com/ lately for that BoC sound.

StephenHutchinson

05 Sep 2021

Here's my contribution.. A Combinator with AMS, Europa and an RV7000 to make it a bit more human-like. This was created in Reason 12, but I've attached a separate file for anyone using Reason 11 called "AMS+Europa+RV7000-Reason11.cmb.zip".
Attachments
AMS+Europa+RV7000-Reason11.cmb.zip
(5.67 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
AMS+Europa+RV7000.cmb.zip
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
AMS+Europa+RV7000.cmb.png
AMS+Europa+RV7000.cmb.png (803.69 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Faastwalker

05 Sep 2021

modecca wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
31 Aug 2021

I bought the High Tech Life album on cassette tape. Unfortunately my cassette deck died a few years ago. So I sold it as parts on eBay, sold the cassette on Discogs and bought the digital version. Very cool album. I’ve not listened to it for years. Will have to add it to phone again;

https://boomkat.com/products/high-tech-high-life

……. Home schooling with kids this week until Friday. I’m planning to hit TRY on AMS when they go home to Mum. With a view to buying because, well it’s Lectric Panda and it just looks nuts to me. Looking forward to trying some things with this. I’d like to split the output and send different parts to my modular. That should be interesting.

muckmclane

06 Sep 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Here's my contribution.. A Combinator with AMS, Europa and an RV7000 to make it a bit more human-like.

Some how I mutated your combi into this:

I also did this today:

3 AMS Patches.zip
(112.68 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

StephenHutchinson

06 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
06 Sep 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Here's my contribution.. A Combinator with AMS, Europa and an RV7000 to make it a bit more human-like.

Some how I mutated your combi into this:

I also did this today:

3 AMS Patches.zip
Haha, that's awesome. I love how malleable these patches can be. Start with one set of parameters and then let the permutations begin! Nice job! :thumbup:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Ironaak

06 Sep 2021

Thank you Lectric Panda, I've been looking for something like this for years. :thumbup: :clap:

Like a conventional instrument, I think it's going to take a long time to really master.

One feature request: being able to run independently of the transport, maybe like the sync options in PSQ-1684 - transport, tempo, free hz, free ms.

Don't know if anybody else has noticed but all the 'lists' can be a lot longer than what you see on the screen. Try clicking insert a few times and little arrows will appear next to the beginning and end of the list.

Now, where did I put those Schillinger tomes :geek:

muckmclane

08 Sep 2021

Here was something useful I found out today:

rotate.jpg
rotate.jpg (92.48 KiB) Viewed 8260 times

muckmclane

10 Sep 2021

Ironaak wrote:
06 Sep 2021

Don't know if anybody else has noticed but all the 'lists' can be a lot longer than what you see on the screen. Try clicking insert a few times and little arrows will appear next to the beginning and end of the list.
I was curious just how many could be added and I gave up counting when I saw there were more than 4x the "pages."
A quicker way to get to page 4 for example would be nice, but I am much more interested in a practical update similar to a suggestion that was mentioned early on:
Have a gate/cv out for melody section and a separate gate/cv out for the accompaniment.
This would help me get more out of one instance, as I almost always have the melody section going to one instrument and the accompaniment section going to a different instrument.

djadalaide

10 Sep 2021

I've had some amazing things come out of this RE, not just ambient music but here's an ambient piece 100% unmodified stream of music from the device.

muckmclane

10 Sep 2021

I was playing with layering a bass with a melody playing in the opposite direction today (contrary motion):

rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Sep 2021

djadalaide wrote:
10 Sep 2021
I've had some amazing things come out of this RE, not just ambient music but here's an ambient piece 100% unmodified stream of music from the device.
Awesome!

rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
10 Sep 2021
I was playing with layering a bass with a melody playing in the opposite direction today (contrary motion):

This is great!

rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
10 Sep 2021

I was curious just how many could be added and I gave up counting when I saw there were more than 4x the "pages."
A quicker way to get to page 4 for example would be nice, but I am much more interested in a practical update similar to a suggestion that was mentioned early on:
Have a gate/cv out for melody section and a separate gate/cv out for the accompaniment.
This would help me get more out of one instance, as I almost always have the melody section going to one instrument and the accompaniment section going to a different instrument.
I think it tops out at 256 list entries.. but filling all of them up that high drags the processing way down.

I'll be putting note/gate CV into this thing at some point.. the biggest challenge I need to address is the polyphonic aspect. It might just end up looking like CVPT on the back with one bank for the melody and one for the accomp.

modecca

11 Sep 2021

🔗💥

RoryM0

11 Sep 2021

rcbuse wrote:
10 Sep 2021
I'll be putting note/gate CV into this thing at some point.. the biggest challenge I need to address is the polyphonic aspect. It might just end up looking like CVPT on the back with one bank for the melody and one for the accomp.
Excellent news Pandaman.

djadalaide

11 Sep 2021

One thing i thought of was a bass note to go with the sequence of notes, i don't know how hard this would be to generate.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

modecca wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I can tell you're having fun with this thing. Seems like an endless sea of melodic inspiration.
Would love to see a video of you talking about this RE. After everything you've posted here I think you're the right person for that. I know there's a manual for it. Skimmed throught it very briefly. Felt like a math equation. Very sciency and theoretical. Not something I'll be diving into anytime soon. :lol: (Exploring Europa and Grain is more than enough for me right now)
REs like this desperately need videos that highlight how to actually use it, from an artists/musicians perspective rather than a mathematicians perspective. How does one get the most out of it in the quickest way possible? What are the most important things one needs to know to get results?
I sometimes feel like developers make the mistake of expecting their users to be as technically inclined as they are. What seems obvious to them might not be that obvious to someone looking at the thing for the first time. Could also simply be that the product is presented perfectly and I'm simply not the target audience for it. Luckily Panda devices have the randomize button so technical retards like myself can still get something out of them. I've abused the shit out of that Fritz randomize button ever since I bought it.

EnochLight

11 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
02 Sep 2021
trent says.jpg
trent says.jpg (206.67 KiB) Viewed 7989 times
Would be awesome if you could provide an actual link to this alleged Trent Reznor quote. I had no idea that he was using Reason. Also, what is this "AMS" he is speaking of? Is he really talking about Aggregate??
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

bak

11 Sep 2021

One thing that I am having fun with. Have a block of of events and bouncing it into audio. Importing the sample in serato sample and playing chops. For those that have mimic it would be a good experiment to play with chops. You can find something interesting accident. Thank you Panda for another great rack extension.

kbard

11 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
11 Sep 2021
trent says.jpg
Would be awesome if you could provide an actual link to this alleged Trent Reznor quote. I had no idea that he was using Reason. Also, what is this "AMS" he is speaking of? Is he really talking about Aggregate??
[/quote]
I believe it was a joke ?

rootwheel

11 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
11 Sep 2021
muckmclane wrote:
02 Sep 2021
trent says.jpg
:lol:

muckmclane

11 Sep 2021

Catblack wrote:
26 Aug 2021

Also the Mutate affects the Rhythm section and I that makes things get a little crazy, too.
mutagen.jpg
mutagen.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 7915 times

• Information