GORB Song D - (Tritone / GodOfRainbows Collab)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

This track stems from a collaboration with TheGodOfRainbows. This song got tagged along (a bit later) in another thread I posted about this project. But really I wish I just had posted the songs seperately instead of presenting them all at once. So I'll do just that.
This is the song from the project that required the most work for sure. Lots of layering. Also lots of ambience in combination with a very rhythmical composition style, which means a real challenge when it comes to mixing.

The first song: "GORB Song D" is my song.
The second bit is the idea/motif TheGodOfRainbow sent to me to work from. That's what set off the whole track for me.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 11 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

djadalaide

11 Sep 2021

I really like, though one thing is the electric guitar going through a cabinet?

Thats the only thing that sticks out at me, rammfire in guitar rig is what i use and it sounds amazing.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

Love this!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

djadalaide wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I really like, though one thing is the electric guitar going through a cabinet?

Thats the only thing that sticks out at me, rammfire in guitar rig is what i use and it sounds amazing.
No guitars for this project. Synths and drums. That's all. Everything is programmed. Nothing is recorded/played. It's pure electronic music.
The "guitar" is FM4 through Kuassas Creme amp (Rack Extension).
I haven't really cared whether it sounds like a guitar or not. It's more the feel I'm after anyway. Same with the melodic sound at 1:59. It sounds a bit guitary, but not quite. That's also synth played through Creme.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Love this!
Nice to hear :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2021

Wee Joe wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Nice One......

Mistro17

11 Sep 2021

Sounds great!

gullum

11 Sep 2021

lovely atmospheric and lovely relaxing while at the same time extremely brutal I love how you can make so metal sounding music without the use of Guitars

Harpuia

11 Sep 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 Sep 2021
No guitars for this project. Synths and drums. That's all. Everything is programmed. Nothing is recorded/played. It's pure electronic music.
The "guitar" is FM4 through Kuassas Creme amp (Rack Extension).
I haven't really cared whether it sounds like a guitar or not. It's more the feel I'm after anyway. Same with the melodic sound at 1:59. It sounds a bit guitary, but not quite. That's also synth played through Creme.
Well, you got me, Before I saw this, I was wondering if it was a real guitar or not!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

Mistro17 wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Sounds great!
Thanks!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
11 Sep 2021
lovely atmospheric and lovely relaxing while at the same time extremely brutal I love how you can make so metal sounding music without the use of Guitars
Yeah I guess the song is weird that way. Calm and melodic while at the same time being kind of aggressive.

strangers
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2021

Awesome work on the song. The drumming is very well done and really enhances the entire song. The only criticism I have which really isn't criticism at all, is I don't really like the synth-guitar tone. It works well in the mix but is a weaker link for the song as a whole. I totally get it's not meant to be a real guitar and there to be another element for the big picture.

It's pretty cool to hear the original and then your rendition. I'm really liking the heavy, aggressive feel of the song.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2021

strangers wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Awesome work on the song. The drumming is very well done and really enhances the entire song. The only criticism I have which really isn't criticism at all, is I don't really like the synth-guitar tone. It works well in the mix but is a weaker link for the song as a whole. I totally get it's not meant to be a real guitar and there to be another element for the big picture.

It's pretty cool to hear the original and then your rendition. I'm really liking the heavy, aggressive feel of the song.
Thanks for the comment.
It's too early for me to assess how I fully feel about the song or different aspects of it. Maybe the synth-guitar could be better. I'm so used to how it is now from working on the song. Usually it takes me about a year before I can listen to my own songs from a fresh perspective.

• Information