Reasonistas Kong "FX Combiner" Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Sep 2021
Nice. D'you have a link to these?
Not yet. I'm still trying to figure out the control assignments via the Combinator. Still trying to wrap my brain around Sterioevo's Combinators to see is that is a possible solution: although so far it doesn't seem to be reasonable given the Combinator includes 8 Kong FX devices.
ImageImageImage

jamespember
Reason Studios

11 Sep 2021

Reasonistas wrote:
11 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
09 Sep 2021
I want this so bad!
Hi James, unfortunately I can't complete the Combinator until Reason includes controls to every parameter on every Kong FX device. Is this something you think will happen in the future?
That's really more of a Mattias question. I'll see if I can pull him for a chat, but I'm not sure off the top of my head if there are any limitations or if we've just not done it.

Anyways, the device conceptually looks amazing! Kudos.

Sterioevo

11 Sep 2021

Reasonistas wrote:
11 Sep 2021

Not yet. I'm still trying to figure out the control assignments via the Combinator. Still trying to wrap my brain around Sterioevo's Combinators to see is that is a possible solution: although so far it doesn't seem to be reasonable given the Combinator includes 8 Kong FX devices.
Thanks for the kind words. It is not the most elegant solution.

I came up with a relatively simple alternative to crossfade between settings using Groovy Melon Morfin XF. Might be a basis for a workable solution. The basic premise is that you have different settings (for the parameters you cannot control without the mouse) on the 2 instances of Kong and crossfade between the 2. Seems to sound ok. You can swap out fx types to try variations. Parameters like Q on the parametric EQ will not be realistic as a fade, some of the other effects like transient shaper and resonator seem to work quite well.

I have attached a Combinator 1 as I do not currently have access to Reason 12.
Attachments
Morfin Kong FX fader.cmb.zip
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Creativemind

11 Sep 2021

Reasonistas wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Sep 2021
Nice. D'you have a link to these?
:thumbs_up:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Reasonistas
RE Developer

17 Sep 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Reasonistas wrote:
11 Sep 2021

Thanks for the kind words. It is not the most elegant solution.

I came up with a relatively simple alternative to crossfade between settings using Groovy Melon Morfin XF. Might be a basis for a workable solution. The basic premise is that you have different settings (for the parameters you cannot control without the mouse) on the 2 instances of Kong and crossfade between the 2. Seems to sound ok. You can swap out fx types to try variations. Parameters like Q on the parametric EQ will not be realistic as a fade, some of the other effects like transient shaper and resonator seem to work quite well.

I have attached a Combinator 1 as I do not currently have access to Reason 12.
Thanks, Sterioevo! I appreciate the simplified alternative. It's a shame we don't have direct access to all Kong FX controls directly. I will check out your method, but hopefully James is able to get this in front Mattias for a proper update to Kong in the next release.
ImageImageImage

Hoboys

29 Dec 2021

Wonder if parameter exposition is getting looked at. This combi would've been an awesome tool.

NMHindman

29 Dec 2021

You could also use multiple kongs to control fx routings

• Information