AirRaid Audio - Elements Modular Bundle in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lizard

31 Jan 2016

Is there a place that I can get the Remote Maps for these devices? I'd like to map them for the Nektar Panorama.

gak

22 Feb 2016

So the delay is pretty awesome in stereo. One thing, the "crossover" settings in the presets wreak havoc with overloading.

dioxide

22 Feb 2016

I've suggested this to the Dev already but I'll post it here also. I'd be interested in having a Step Mode like the red DLL or 3Plex so you can dial in 1-16 step delays. From what I recall when I tested this you can't get all of the 1-16 step delays using S-Delay's current synced settings.

gak

27 Feb 2016

Not that anyone need "my" opinion, but I'm starting to think this is in no-brainer category (the delay for now)

Again, the only thing I don't like is the "presets" are a bit too hyperbole for my taste (like the mentioned crosstalk which in the presets makes it like "whoa I'm playing a note and it's going crazy/rip the headphones off" :lol: )

In a "controlled" situation it seems superb. Very wide and natural sounding to me. Not sure I understand every nuance yet, but for the price it's ridiculously good (yes, I've done a ton of a/b with my beloved "echo" and it really seems to have some space.......especially if you back off the HPF a bit :) )

dvdrtldg

19 Oct 2016

AirRaidAudio wrote:I can see that Splitter's routing is proving to be a little confusing. We may have tried to pack too many features into this one :D

Either way, I've put together a little diagram to make things clearer.

Splitter Routing.png

Note: The Post-FX mode was included to allow routings like those of Mutagen and Relapse. We chose to include this over something like Yoko's round-trip routing so as to offer something different.

Cheers,

Dom
Have to confess I never really understood this diagram, and the "new intuitive routing" of Splitter 2.0.0 still has me totally confused. Could someone take me by the hand and patiently walk me through it? I can't get my head around it at all

Loque

19 Oct 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
AirRaidAudio wrote:I can see that Splitter's routing is proving to be a little confusing. We may have tried to pack too many features into this one :D

Either way, I've put together a little diagram to make things clearer.

Splitter Routing.png

Note: The Post-FX mode was included to allow routings like those of Mutagen and Relapse. We chose to include this over something like Yoko's round-trip routing so as to offer something different.

Cheers,

Dom
Have to confess I never really understood this diagram, and the "new intuitive routing" of Splitter 2.0.0 still has me totally confused. Could someone take me by the hand and patiently walk me through it? I can't get my head around it at all
If you use only main input and output, the splitter works as a stereo tool by using its mid, side and pan controls.

If you use the break out outputs of each band, they are located after the mid, side and pan controls.

If you use breakout inputs (only merger) it is located before mid, side and pan controls.

Tbh, this seems to be confusing, additional breakouts before and after mid/side/pan had solved this problem,vut maybe not enough space.
Reason12, Win10

Shokstar

19 Oct 2016

It's a good tool the splitter but its to confusing, if haven't enough time.

dvdrtldg

19 Oct 2016

Loque wrote:
If you use the break out outputs of each band, they are located after the mid, side and pan controls.

If you use breakout inputs (only merger) it is located before mid, side and pan controls.

Tbh, this seems to be confusing, additional breakouts before and after mid/side/pan had solved this problem,vut maybe not enough space.
Sorry, you're going to have to dumb it down a little more for me :lol:

What I want to do is hook it up to three devices - say, compression on the low band, distortion on the mid and reverb on the high

How does the routing work?

Loque

19 Oct 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
Loque wrote:

Sorry, you're going to have to dumb it down a little more for me :lol:

What I want to do is hook it up to three devices - say, compression on the low band, distortion on the mid and reverb on the high

How does the routing work?
1. Connect your audio signal to be splitted into "In L/R"

2. Just connect "Low send L/R" to compressor in and compressor out to "Low Rtrn L/R". Connect "Mid send L/R" to distortion in and distortion out to "Mid Rtrn L/R". Connect "High send L/R" to reverb in and reverb out to "High Rtrn L/R").

3. Connect "Out L/R" to your Mixer or whatever.

But, i would not recommend to do this, because connecting this would introduce phasing. It is recommended to connect the same devices on each band output to have the same "lag/delay" on each band when returning into the splitter.
Reason12, Win10

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

19 Oct 2016

Loque wrote:But, i would not recommend to do this, because connecting this would introduce phasing. It is recommended to connect the same devices on each band output to have the same "lag/delay" on each band when returning into the splitter.
Only if the post-Splitter devices induce a lag. I would assume this would be the case for a number of compressors, but most distortions and reverbs should work fine.
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

Shokstar

19 Oct 2016

Is there something special in the new delay device OS can I do the same with the relapse re too?

dvdrtldg

19 Oct 2016

Loque wrote: 1. Connect your audio signal to be splitted into "In L/R"

2. Just connect "Low send L/R" to compressor in and compressor out to "Low Rtrn L/R". Connect "Mid send L/R" to distortion in and distortion out to "Mid Rtrn L/R". Connect "High send L/R" to reverb in and reverb out to "High Rtrn L/R").

3. Connect "Out L/R" to your Mixer or whatever.

But, i would not recommend to do this, because connecting this would introduce phasing. It is recommended to connect the same devices on each band output to have the same "lag/delay" on each band when returning into the splitter.
Arrrghhhh do you know what I was doing wrong?

I didn't have the Low & High bands switched on

Fuck

Sorry

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

19 Oct 2016

Shokstar wrote:Is there something special in the new delay device OS can I do the same with the relapse re too?
Features that T-Delay has over Relapse:

- Speed function (essential for creating those extra warpy sounds).
- Built-in Ping-pong button.
- Freeze button.
- Dual LFOs hardwired to the Time control (LFO and Flutter), for extra tapey randomness.
- Stereo modulation and Send/return IO on the rear.

Overall, T-Delay is a very specific and streamlined device that is suited to creating classic (T)ape-delay sounds. Relapse is more of your WWIII Doomsday type thing, though it can also create subtle echoes.

Hope this helps.

Dom

Shokstar

19 Oct 2016

AirRaidAudio wrote:
Shokstar wrote:Is there something special in the new delay device OS can I do the same with the relapse re too?
Features that T-Delay has over Relapse:

- Speed function (essential for creating those extra warpy sounds).
- Built-in Ping-pong button.
- Freeze button.
- Dual LFOs hardwired to the Time control (LFO and Flutter), for extra tapey randomness.
- Stereo modulation and Send/return IO on the rear.

Overall, T-Delay is a very specific and streamlined device that is suited to creating classic (T)ape-delay sounds. Relapse is more of your WWIII Doomsday type thing, though it can also create subtle echoes.

Hope this helps.

Dom
Thanks, I'll buy it soon :)

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

UPDATE

The bundle has been updated to contain the new A-Filter and T-Delay devices. You can check it out here:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... ar-bundle/

Enjoy!

Dom

tko1970

06 Sep 2021

Where did AirRaid go?

huggermugger

06 Sep 2021

tko1970 wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Where did AirRaid go?
They've been gone from the shop for a long long time now. Sad. They had several great devices. I managed to grab three of them.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.01.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.01.18 PM.png (451.44 KiB) Viewed 855 times

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

Love this one

BRIGGS

06 Sep 2021

This one gets plenty of use:
ED.jpg
ED.jpg (75.83 KiB) Viewed 835 times
r11s

Faastwalker

06 Sep 2021

I didn’t realise they were gone! Should we be worried about more and more devices disappearing from the rack and the shop?! We’ve lost a fair amount now. Anyway, loved their RE’s. Got a stack of the Elements RE’s. They’re very good and useful. And love the Distillery Beat Looper and Spectre Spectral Delay. Sad they’ve gone :-(

zoidkirb

06 Sep 2021

aeox wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Love this one

After watching this tutorial,

I always wanted Mutagen.
And I never found another 'FM distortion' effect unit.

Faastwalker

06 Sep 2021

These two were crazy fun and totally bonkers :shock:

BRIGGS

07 Sep 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
06 Sep 2021
aeox wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Love this one

After watching this tutorial,

I always wanted Mutagen.
And I never found another 'FM distortion' effect unit.
Yep... it's rare.

r11s

• Information