Sweetwater Bought out??

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Goriila Texas

06 Sep 2021

I don't know if this is true just posting.

joeyluck

06 Sep 2021

Guitar Center always sucked. I still shop there from time to time though depending on deals and coupons, but it's never changed. Mars Music was awesome, too bad that didn't last. Sweetwater is my favorite. They understand what makes them successful over the others.

Goriila Texas

06 Sep 2021

Time will tell.

QVprod wrote:
06 Sep 2021
It's real https://mergr.com/providence-equity-par ... ater-sound

I doubt we'l notice much change though.

Goriila Texas

06 Sep 2021

The Mars in Houston was huge and was shocked it didn't last long also.

joeyluck wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Guitar Center always sucked. I still shop there from time to time though depending on deals and coupons, but it's never changed. Mars Music was awesome, too bad that didn't last. Sweetwater is my favorite. They understand what makes them successful over the others.

joeyluck

06 Sep 2021

Goriila Texas wrote:
06 Sep 2021
The Mars in Houston was huge and was shocked it didn't last long also.

joeyluck wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Yeah they were all pretty large. I've been to some Sam Ash stores that look like they used to be Mars Music.

thefixr

06 Sep 2021

I used to work for MarsMusic.com. The place was badly mismanaged.
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

QVprod

06 Sep 2021

Goriila Texas wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Time will tell.

QVprod wrote:
06 Sep 2021
It's real https://mergr.com/providence-equity-par ... ater-sound

I doubt we'l notice much change though.
True. I think the major difference with Sweetwater vs Guitar Center is that it's not a chain. It's just one huge store rather than a bunch of franchises with a corporate front. Pretty amazing from what I've seen I must say. Almost want to take a trip to Indiana .

joeyluck

06 Sep 2021

thefixr wrote:
06 Sep 2021
I used to work for MarsMusic.com. The place was badly mismanaged.
Yeah I imagine most music stores are. And the fact that it went under says something. But it was a great experience for the customer!

I think Sweetwater is one of the few places that conducts business the way they do. I know other places try to assign associates to customers, but it never feels as personal as sweetwater, or the associates as knowledgeable and friendly, and the turnover at other stores is awful, which doesn't help with that.

Goriila Texas

06 Sep 2021

Nice to see how everything works there.

QVprod wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Goriila Texas wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Time will tell.

True. I think the major difference with Sweetwater vs Guitar Center is that it's not a chain. It's just one huge store rather than a bunch of franchises with a corporate front. Pretty amazing from what I've seen I must say. Almost want to take a trip to Indiana .

guitfnky

06 Sep 2021

the only bad thing about sweetwater is the sales model. nothing makes me want to buy from a place less than getting an unsolicited phone call from a salesman. they’ve lost some of my business because of it (not a lot though). good thing the rest of the experience is as good as it gets.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

integerpoet

10 Sep 2021

I have yet to hear of anything good happening to a company after coming under the control of a private equity firm. I *have* heard of private equity firms forcing companies to take on gratuitous crippling debt, the proceeds of which the firms pocket before disengaging from the companies, which then implode while vainly attempting to service the debt. These firms sleep at night by lying to themselves that they perform an important function in the ecosystem much like a predator targeting prey showing signs of weakness.

• Information