[C2 Tricks] - Select patterns by keyboard key

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
artotaku

06 Sep 2021

You can now select patterns of pattern devices inside a C2 with keyboard keys easily without any CV workaround since the keyboard "key" is now a selectable input value for a target property and you can set source ranges.

Scenario 1: Select pattern 1 - 8 with with C3 - G3 (keys below C3 switch pattern off)
  1. Put a pattern device inside C2 e. g. Sequences
  2. In C2 editor click on Sequences and assign Source: Key -> Target: Pattern Select
  3. Set Source Range to min 59, max 67

Scenario 2: Select pattern 1 - 8 with white keys only starting from C3 (keys below C3 switch pattern off)
Here, a workaround with two other stock players is required
  1. Attach a Scale & Chords player to C2 (outside C2)
  2. Set Scale to custom, switch off all black keys and enable filter notes, chords off
  3. Attach a Note Echo player after Scale & Chords player (outside C2)
  4. Set step length to 0, repeats to 1 and pitch to +1 semitones
  5. Put a pattern device inside C2 e. g. Sequences
  6. In C2 editor click on Sequences and assign Source: Key -> Target: Pattern Select
  7. Set Source Range to min 60, max 73

Jackjackdaw

06 Sep 2021

This is great news for RRP! I was wanting them to add this!

I don't understand why they are not hyping the combi 2 more with some tutorial videos etc...

Billy+

06 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
06 Sep 2021
This is great news for RRP! I was wanting them to add this!

I don't understand why they are not hyping the combi 2 more with some tutorial videos etc...
I'm finding it puzzling to, it's about the best/biggest feature in years (CMBv2) :thumbup:

dioxide

06 Sep 2021

Very good, I hadn't thought of this. Also works on Redrum / Matrix. Set Min to 0 and Max to 31 and then Source Range to 0-31 (24%). Key C-2 is Pattern A1 and there is a pattern every key for the next 31 keys.

Jackjackdaw

06 Sep 2021

Just gave this a quick spin in Cubase with Drum sequencer. It's so much better changing patterns with notes in a midi clip than fudging the automation lane. This is a major feature for me.

songsmite

16 Sep 2021

Good news, I guess. Only another $159.00 for one feature. Bleh.

• Information