Spectra Song Challenge (Spectra is free)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TalosBrun

25 Aug 2021

Here you have my contribution. Only Spectra and Kong, with some effects, were used. I hope you enjoy it.

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

I'm seeing this way too late and will still see if I can whip something up in time. I really like Spectra for pads and atmospheric sounds.

There's a lot of cool songs in here already. Nice work everyone.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Sorry but everything was rushed for this as I forgot, more details in the description also you can skip ahead to the little track at the end.

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PoohBear's Voltage Modular Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrP66m ... 32lQRZo_lg
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/PoohBearsReasonChannel
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

wowhow
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

Hi everyone on Reasontalk. Thanks for this song challenge!
I made an eerie movie soundtrack for this one.
I liked all the presets and how you can cycle through the different filters to get interesting sounds I think.

Also I really like all the entries here and the split keyboard combinator that Poohbear showed here.
The new combinator is going to be so much fun as well - can't wait!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

wowhow wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Hi everyone on Reasontalk. Thanks for this song challenge!
I made an eerie movie soundtrack for this one.
I liked all the presets and how you can cycle through the different filters to get interesting sounds I think.

Also I really like all the entries here and the split keyboard combinator that Poohbear showed here.
The new combinator is going to be so much fun as well - can't wait!

Nice atmosphere in this one. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

Good to still see engagement in this thread. I removed the rule for the deadline (september 1). I assumed everyone would be completely distracted by the R12 upgrade at that point. But if anyone wants to add more Spectra songs here, feel free to do so.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2021

Hi! No new entries since Aug 30, shall we close the competition? Is Synthetech one of the jury?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2021

Quarmat wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Hi! No new entries since Aug 30, shall we close the competition? Is Synthetech one of the jury?
No need to close it imo. This thread was never a competition anyway, just a challenge for some fun, a spark for some creativity.
If no one posts anymore Spectra songs, that's fine, let the thread die out naturally. I see no need to kill it by force. :-)

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Quarmat wrote:
10 Sep 2021
No need to close it imo. This thread was never a competition anyway, just a challenge for some fun, a spark for some creativity.
If no one posts anymore Spectra songs, that's fine, let the thread die out naturally. I see no need to kill it by force. :-)
I like how you encourage so much creativity around here.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2021

aeox wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Thanks.
Yeah I'm down for talking about gear, upgrades, REs and all that stuff. But for me, it's important to remember why we buy and collect all this shit in the first place, to make music with it. So if many of my posts circle around the topics of creativity and song challenges that's why.

Proboscis

20 Sep 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2021
aeox wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Thanks.
Yeah I'm down for talking about gear, upgrades, REs and all that stuff. But for me, it's important to remember why we buy and collect all this shit in the first place, to make music with it. So if many of my posts circle around the topics of creativity and song challenges that's why.
I think these challenges are a bit of fun. Especially this one you proposed when there is no prize. And working within limitations is a good way to explore the sounds of an instrument.

I've been thinking of proposing a challenge with some unique rules. That the only instruments (actual/emulation/samples of) allowed are those that existed before your year of birth. Obviously the older a person is, the less options there are available, but the more experience they can bring, or that's the theory :lol:

And for a lot of members here, that means not many synths.

• Information