Turn Reason into an Arranger Keyboard

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
XSynth

04 Sep 2021

Damn its Hell to create an audio and visual presentation of something you play live in a DAW these days because no screen capture software supports ASIO. I know there are some stupidly hard work arounds, i've tried that before and it messed up my setup so hard that i'll never touch it again. This left me with the only option to use DirectX for the screen recording and this means massive delay from when you hit a key til you actually hear it and THAT is not going to happen.

So when you watch this video then IMAGINE that what you see is played LIVE ;)

In this example i use Reason 12, Korde and Algoritm as the main plugins and the Combinator patch is located at

https://www.xsynth.com/download/Korde_A ... _by_MK.zip

Remember, just because i'm an old fart and make music for grown ups it dosen't have to sound like this. You could do something similar just with a more modern attitude, that is IF you got inspired to do your own arranger setup :P

/Michael

MarkTarlton

04 Sep 2021

Nice work Xsynth! I still find uses for your old refill.

It's always great to see ya back here in the forums, your work is superb! I would download this for sure, but I don't have Algoritm.

XSynth

04 Sep 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Sep 2021
Nice work Xsynth! I still find uses for your old refill.

It's always great to see ya back here in the forums, your work is superb! I would download this for sure, but I don't have Algoritm.
Well i could try cook something similar using Reason 10 and my old XSynth OSC Library but Korde will be a must have, nothing can replace it. MoPol is also used for more advanced bass patterns but thats a free plugin.

Btw, there is a Combinator Patch in my XSynth OSC Presets folder which is also using Korde, it's an old file and not as advanced as the video i posted but it still follows the same concept. That file is located at XSynth OSC Presets/Arranger/RE/Simple Korde Arranger B

/Michael

XSynth

05 Sep 2021

Here is another take on an Arranger setup which is great for getting ideas for Retro Wave music. This time its made in Reason 10 and uses my XSynth OSC Refill + Korde. It was made in 1 day so i might regret it when i hear it tomorrow :lol:

Link to Combinator Patch:

https://www.xsynth.com/download/Korde_X ... etro_A.zip

Link to XSynth OSC Refill on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7252469

/Michael

rcbuse
RE Developer

06 Sep 2021

Looking good!!

dvdrtldg

06 Sep 2021

XSynth wrote:
04 Sep 2021
Damn its Hell to create an audio and visual presentation of something you play live in a DAW these days because no screen capture software supports ASIO. I know there are some stupidly hard work arounds, i've tried that before and it messed up my setup so hard that i'll never touch it again. This left me with the only option to use DirectX for the screen recording and this means massive delay from when you hit a key til you actually hear it and THAT is not going to happen.

So when you watch this video then IMAGINE that what you see is played LIVE ;)

In this example i use Reason 12, Korde and Algoritm as the main plugins and the Combinator patch is located at

https://www.xsynth.com/download/Korde_A ... _by_MK.zip

Remember, just because i'm an old fart and make music for grown ups it dosen't have to sound like this. You could do something similar just with a more modern attitude, that is IF you got inspired to do your own arranger setup :P

/Michael
This is so good. Smooth cheese. It's like being on really strong acid in an upscale Chinese restaurant, and I mean that in the nicest way

XSynth

06 Sep 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
06 Sep 2021
This is so good. Smooth cheese. It's like being on really strong acid in an upscale Chinese restaurant, and I mean that in the nicest way
This is kinda like the guy who told me that the a track i made sounded like elevator music and that he wouldn't want to leave the elevator if hearing it :) Music put's funny things in people's head :)

dvdrtldg

17 Sep 2021

XSynth wrote:
06 Sep 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
06 Sep 2021
This is kinda like the guy who told me that the a track i made sounded like elevator music and that he wouldn't want to leave the elevator if hearing it :) Music put's funny things in people's head :)
:lol:

I love E-Z listening music when it's done well. It's a very underappreciated style

• Information