BERIO Tourniquet [Stock devices]

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Quarmat
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

Hello, despite having very few free time in these days (I just became a dad!) I could not skip messing with the new Combi mk II, and it's fantastic.

This is my first try, using just RS stock devices: the Berio!

I am no sound designer, but i had fun brewing this concotion and I surely will do more of them! Let's say it ain't much but it's honest work :)

Here's a little video of it

You can download the patch from here

Download is free but if you like it you can buy me a coffee

Have a nice day!
Last edited by Quarmat on 19 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Ottostrom

05 Sep 2021

I absolutely love the UI for this! The wear and tear around the controls really sell it :)
Gonna download it and give it a whirl

Also, congrats on becoming a dad!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Also, congrats on becoming a dad!
Thank you :)

nemesjs

06 Sep 2021

I really enjoyed playing with this. Well done. The interface is very nice. Of course the beauty of combinators is that one can tinker with them as much as one pleases building upon the original or destroying it. I found that if you add an octave knob to maelstrom 2nd osc this doubles the fun and gives you more awesome sounds! Thanks!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2021

nemesjs wrote:
06 Sep 2021
I really enjoyed playing with this. Well done. The interface is very nice. Of course the beauty of combinators is that one can tinker with them as much as one pleases building upon the original or destroying it. I found that if you add an octave knob to maelstrom 2nd osc this doubles the fun and gives you more awesome sounds! Thanks!
Glad you liked it and even more glad you found a way to improve it! If you don't mind sharing I can update the UI with your knob and label and share a vers 1.1!

nemesjs

07 Sep 2021

Quarmat wrote:
07 Sep 2021
nemesjs wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Glad you liked it and even more glad you found a way to improve it! If you don't mind sharing I can update the UI with your knob and label and share a vers 1.1!
ok. I have just sent you a pm with the link. :thumbs_up:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2021

Hi,

reason user Nemesjs gave me the suggestion to improve the Berio with an Octave knob. It was a great idea so I decided to update the Combi2 with his suggestion, a sustain knob and a new UI.

The updated download link is the same of the opening post.

Have a nice day and Thank you Nemesjs!

Proboscis

19 Sep 2021

Really brilliant designs. I like elements of both iterations.

Do you create these in InDesign or similar software ? I have a full Adobe CC subscription, but have never put the time into learning ID, so each time I've jumped in to knock some graphics up, I get frustrated and revert back to Photoshop, which I feel is very limited in creating custom graphics (since, well, that's not really what PS is intended to do)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Proboscis wrote:
19 Sep 2021
Really brilliant designs. I like elements of both iterations.

Do you create these in InDesign or similar software ? I have a full Adobe CC subscription, but have never put the time into learning ID, so each time I've jumped in to knock some graphics up, I get frustrated and revert back to Photoshop, which I feel is very limited in creating custom graphics (since, well, that's not really what PS is intended to do)
Hi Proboscis! Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated!

These UIs are created with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I begin wihthin Illustrator, pasting a screenshot of the Reason screen to have a background showing the exact location of the knobs. Then I design the vector graphics assets I need. After that I copypaste into Photoshop the results (not all together, but in various steps: background, knob meters, labels, estra stuff) so i can blend them in Photoshop with the (i.e.) metal texture in the bottom layer, playing with transparencies and simulating some weathering of longtime use around the knobs and the buttons so it looks more "real".

You can do vector graphics with InDesign, but its core business is layout and management and arrangement of large amount of text and images (books, manuals, ebooks, comics, you name it), so I would strongly suggest you to try using Illustrator instead which is the best vector gfx software around (to me at least - -InkScape is a cool free alternative, though).

I like to imagine Photshop as an audio editor/sampler, Illustrator as a midi based synth and InDesign as a sequencer. Each one has its use!

CR68

20 Sep 2021

wow that ui looks brilliant!
i have to design a ui soon too, i still dont get it. i can code (web) and do basic stuff in ps and indesign... i will look into it.
hopefully someone will share the adobe files, so we can look how other people are doing this. :-)

• Information