(POP Remix) Julia Alfrida - GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
gullum

03 Sep 2021

A remix I made of this song
My concept when remixing is I make it like if it was played by a regular band in a bar

https://skiomusic.com/r/SmT

EdwardKiy

03 Sep 2021

only listened on 250 ohm DT770 cans amped by focusrite clarett

shit snare (some annoying bands in the highs)
great mix, although I'd personally prefer it be more bass-driven
not going to comment on the master as you've said you had a very specific idea in mind, only that you should make it louder if you want to win the contest, because yours is perceivably quieter than the original

your version is much more enjoyable to me as it does sound like it's been live-recorded. It has character. Only the smashed vocal gives it away, but nothing to be done about that. The original, despite the fuller sound, sounds like the thousand other pop songs out there, where I couldn't tell and couldn't even care to tell who's singing.

overall a great job, man

gullum

03 Sep 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 Sep 2021
only listened on 250 ohm DT770 cans amped by focusrite clarett

shit snare (some annoying bands in the highs)
great mix, although I'd personally prefer it be more bass-driven
not going to comment on the master as you've said you had a very specific idea in mind, only that you should make it louder if you want to win the contest, because yours is perceivably quieter than the original

your version is much more enjoyable to me as it does sound like it's been live-recorded. It has character. Only the smashed vocal gives it away, but nothing to be done about that. The original, despite the fuller sound, sounds like the thousand other pop songs out there, where I couldn't tell and couldn't even care to tell who's singing.

overall a great job, man
thanks for your input usually with stems for contest like these leave little room to work with because they already have fx on them but I'm not init to win it I just like taking a song then play all instruments again as if it was a live band.
I will in future contests try to get it louder

EdwardKiy

03 Sep 2021

my pleasure!

Julicho

26 Sep 2021

Very good work.

• Information