PreAmp Revival

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Ottostrom

03 Sep 2021

!!! Requires the Revival Re !!! Link to shop page
I was reading about different saturation and overdrive types in Reason and came across this article from Marco: Link to article
He mention that the PreAmp in the FX section of Revival sounds particularly nice, which then made me realize that I bought the synth when it first came out but never used it :oops:

The synth has an audio input on the back to let any source get treated by the FX section so I decided to make a proper combinator out of it :D
The PreAmp actually sums the signal to mono which is why I'm using two instances of Revival to get it nice and stereo (don't worry it's still pretty light on the DSP).
If you own the Re then I highly recommend you try this combinator cause it's seriously awesome!

Big thanks to Ryan for sharing the combinator assets so I could manage to make a pretty good looking UI <3

Download Link

(yes I did change the bypass switch to white labels after noticing it in the picture lol)

Despondo
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Zac

03 Sep 2021

Beautiful! Great combi, thanks. These indeed are nice sounding.

joeyluck

03 Sep 2021

This is great!! I had always hoped that Sononics would release a smaller effect RE of the effects section on Revival.

zumBeispiel

03 Sep 2021

Great indeed!
Thank you, Ottostrom!

selig
RE Developer

03 Sep 2021

Nice one, both the concept and the execution! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ottostrom

03 Sep 2021

Thanks guys! Glad you like it :)

Wee Joe

03 Sep 2021

Thanks, I always wanted to use the Pre-Amp for other things, this will do nicely.
Regards. Wee Joe.

Ottostrom

03 Sep 2021

I made a mono version of this for the lower DSP but with an additional "Width" button which uses the built in delay to make it less mono.
Here's the download link to that one if anyone is interested: Download Mono Version
(It also has a better spaced out UI)

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

03 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Big thanks to Ryan for sharing the combinator assets so I could manage to make a pretty good looking UI <3
I can't tell you how exciting it is to see that this is actually working and helping people to build custom Combis. Your device has only fueled my desire to build a bigger, better collection of more UI elements for Combinators. :)

Super well done!!

ryan

Ottostrom

03 Sep 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Your device has only fueled my desire to build a bigger, better collection of more UI elements for Combinators. :)
Please do!
It would have taken me forever to make something that looks half as good as this one, but now I can instead focus on my next custom device :)

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

03 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
03 Sep 2021
It would have taken me forever to make something that looks half as good as this one, but now I can instead focus on my next custom device :)
Now having had a bit of a play with it, I would love to hear any suggestions you have or other things you'd like to have in a bigger pack. Different panel types? More little details like screws and stickers? Or anything else that might be something I could do for it?

Ottostrom

03 Sep 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Now having had a bit of a play with it, I would love to hear any suggestions you have or other things you'd like to have in a bigger pack. Different panel types? More little details like screws and stickers? Or anything else that might be something I could do for it?
General backgrounds and panels are definitely the most important ones for me. I think smaller details like screws or colored outlines can be reused a lot more without drawing too much attention to themselves.
I would love to see some sort of cohesive brushed metal pack, with panels which have matching metal texture but in different colors (paint on style) so you could achieve something like The Echo for example!
A "plastic" pack would also be nice for a more toy-like look.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

03 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
03 Sep 2021
I would love to see some sort of cohesive brushed metal pack, with panels which have matching metal texture but in different colors (paint on style) so you could achieve something like The Echo for example!
A "plastic" pack would also be nice for a more toy-like look.
Great ideas. I'm keeping notes. :)

Ottostrom

04 Sep 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Great ideas. I'm keeping notes. :)
If they add a completely flat knob & fader to the combi then it would also be nice to have some display panels! I think that could really help to segment a device nicely, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

challism

16 Sep 2021

Wow! This looks beautiful and it's great to have a small (looking) version of the Revival pre-outs (which are also beautiful). I would love to see the same thing done to some of the other Revival FX. It really does have some great sounding onboard FX.

Thanks for taking the time to build and share this, Ottostrom.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zumBeispiel

16 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
16 Sep 2021

... I would love to see the same thing done to some of the other Revival FX...
Already here:

Space Revival by Ottostrom

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524548

miscend

16 Sep 2021

It's a bummer that I can't even try this on the R12 demo. I'll just hold onto it until I finally decide to upgrade. Thanks anyway!

Ottostrom

17 Sep 2021

challism wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Wow! This looks beautiful and it's great to have a small (looking) version of the Revival pre-outs (which are also beautiful). I would love to see the same thing done to some of the other Revival FX. It really does have some great sounding onboard FX.

Thanks for taking the time to build and share this, Ottostrom.
No problem, glad you like it! :)
I've been using this combi a lot and it pains me that these wonderful preamps (and speaker cabinets) have been sitting in my browser all these years without getting any use.

Check out my other combi "Space Revival" for the rest of the FX section!

challism

17 Sep 2021

I didn't notice your other post. Thanks for pointing that out. Downloading now.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524548
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moofi

27 Sep 2021

Thank you Otto. Looks pretty good. :-)
Only "Preamp Revival" could use some love I feel. The font looks ok, it´s just a little clean and white.
Btw I noticed when deactivating the preamp only the left channel is playing, don´t know why exactly. Made a one Revival version.

Ottostrom

28 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Only "Preamp Revival" could use some love I feel. The font looks ok, it´s just a little clean and white.
Btw I noticed when deactivating the preamp only the left channel is playing, don´t know why exactly. Made a one Revival version.
You're definitely right about the name text! I forgot to use the blend mode in PS to get part of the background texture to pop through so it looks way too clean here.
Oh no you found my deep shame :puf_unhappy: The way I wired the two revivals to get both the stereo image intact and the pan knob for the speaker cabinet to work led to this problem.
But since I made this device primarily to use the preamp I decided it wasn't such a big issue, and I left the preamp button there to make it more visually symmetrical.

I also made a one revival version (the mono version) which I've linked somewhere in this thread :)

moofi

29 Sep 2021

I reduced it to one Revival, yet it´s still stereo. How come it´s mono? Or are you actually referring to mono like one device?
Ottostrom wrote:
28 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
27 Sep 2021
You're definitely right about the name text! I forgot to use the blend mode in PS to get part of the background texture to pop through so it looks way too clean here.
Oh no you found my deep shame :puf_unhappy: The way I wired the two revivals to get both the stereo image intact and the pan knob for the speaker cabinet to work led to this problem.
But since I made this device primarily to use the preamp I decided it wasn't such a big issue, and I left the preamp button there to make it more visually symmetrical.

I also made a one revival version (the mono version) which I've linked somewhere in this thread :)

Ottostrom

29 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
29 Sep 2021
I reduced it to one Revival, yet it´s still stereo. How come it´s mono? Or are you actually referring to mono like one device?
Are you sure? I remember when I made this I tested Revivals fx section with multiple wide sound sources but every time the preamp section was activated the signal got summed to mono.

Would test it again but unfortunately I won't see my computer again for a couple days.

moofi

30 Sep 2021

Gonna check aswell again :-)
Ottostrom wrote:
29 Sep 2021
moofi wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Are you sure? I remember when I made this I tested Revivals fx section with multiple wide sound sources but every time the preamp section was activated the signal got summed to mono.

Would test it again but unfortunately I won't see my computer again for a couple days.

• Information