IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaxTrax
Posts: 38
Joined: 16 Feb 2021

Post 30 Aug 2021

~500 left to the 10K mark! I made 2 more contributions to the total. I now have about 90% of what's in the Total Studio Max collection for about half the price through this deal. If it reaches 10K by the end of the day tomorrow (and right now it's looking extremely likely), the promo goes for another month and we'll be able to collect even more. Not bad at all :-)

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2931
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 30 Aug 2021

Is anyone running the ARC System 3 and MEMS under Reason?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... c-system-3

VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

DaveyG
Posts: 1238
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 30 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Is anyone running the ARC System 3 and MEMS under Reason?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... c-system-3

Don't bother with ARC. It's crap. If you are serious then treat your room and buy Sonarworks. Otherwise just learn your monitors and cross reference to tracks you like.

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 30 Aug 2021

Well they got me .. I'm in. And just about 250 more to get to 10,000 and extend it another month! :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2931
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 30 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Is anyone running the ARC System 3 and MEMS under Reason?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... c-system-3
Don't bother with ARC. It's crap. If you are serious then treat your room and buy Sonarworks. Otherwise just learn your monitors and cross reference to tracks you like.
Why sonarworks?
Isn't that just room profiles being added to unknown/unprofiled outputs?

Isn't it better to profile the equipment in the room to get a flat response?
Last edited by Billy+ on 31 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 31 Aug 2021

10,001 !

Lotuz2019
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 31 Aug 2021

One more month to go. At the moment it's 11 products for the price of 1. :clap:

Lotuz2019
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 02 Sep 2021

11000!

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 03 Sep 2021

Yeah sweet. Wondering what to get next .. maybe the Cinekinetik bundle, or the Space Delay T-Racks.

zumBeispiel
Posts: 220
Joined: 16 Jul 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021

... maybe the Cinekinetik bundle ...
Unfortunately Cinekinetik appears to be "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion".

cinek.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slic
Posts: 124
Joined: 01 Jun 2021

Post 03 Sep 2021

I have 2 free products now and nothing left to buy! (I had MAX)

I wonder how IK will survive after this unless they have a lot of new products ready to launch. Sure, they have a hit of sales now, but they will have a hell of a dry patch after this as everyone who wanted their products will already own them (plus there is already a flood of second hand licences as people get stuff free so sell duplicates)

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021

... maybe the Cinekinetik bundle ...
Unfortunately Cinekinetik appears to be "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion".


cinek.png
Get them individually
丰2ॐ

zumBeispiel
Posts: 220
Joined: 16 Jul 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Sep 2021


Unfortunately Cinekinetik appears to be "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion".


cinek.png
Get them individually
Wow, very kind of you for the great suggestion, I just replied to Steedus who was thinking of getting the bundle :-)

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 03 Sep 2021

Damn! Haha yeah all good. I was mainly interested in the Shipwreck Piano anyway, so maybe individual is the way to go. But I'll have to test out the Space Delay. Don't actually have a Space Echo clone yet. Otherwise, Fender Collection 2 or Modo Bass, although I don't think I'd really use it.

DaveyG
Posts: 1238
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 03 Sep 2021

Their servers must be getting hammered. Some of those products take a huge amount of disk space.

Lotuz2019
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 03 Sep 2021

Space Delay is a really nice tape delay plugin. For me it's different enough from the other tape delay plugins I have (including Outer Space) to find a use for it. A major difference is how it handles panned heads.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021


Get them individually
Wow, very kind of you for the great suggestion, I just replied to Steedus who was thinking of getting the bundle :-)
Huh??! What? I was just saying that seeing as how the bundle wasn't available as a free product he could get the plugins individually instead.
丰2ॐ

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 03 Sep 2021

All good guys, thanks. Space Delay is sounding pretty nice actually. Think I'll get more use out of it.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021
All good guys, thanks. Space Delay is sounding pretty nice actually. Think I'll get more use out of it.
The EchoPlex is a good one too.
丰2ॐ

Steedus
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 03 Sep 2021

^ sweet yeah, I grabbed the T-Racks SE and Suite bundles, so now I'm cherry picking other things to add. Got the Sunset Sound reverb which is great.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021
^ sweet yeah, I grabbed the T-Racks SE and Suite bundles, so now I'm cherry picking other things to add. Got the Sunset Sound reverb which is great.
Did you get MixBox?
丰2ॐ

Lotuz2019
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021
All good guys, thanks. Space Delay is sounding pretty nice actually. Think I'll get more use out of it.
The EchoPlex is a good one too.
I prefer the AmpliTube Fulltone SSTE or Audiority PlexiTape, but Tape Echo is okay. Get the T-Racks version, because the four trimpots hidden behind the Echoflex logo make it possible to change the character significantly. The '500-series style' version that you see in MixBox, SampleTank etc. doesn't have these trimpots.

Edit: Tape Echo comes with T-Racks 5 SE.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

I’m getting ready to give up completely with SampleTank. I downloaded all the individual sound file zips from the website. I’ve made sure the Product Manager is pointed to the folder where the zip downloads are. When I try to install the sounds however the Product Manager starts to download everything again. Will I have to unzip and install each file individually?

Also, I tried installing L.A Confidential which went fine and showed up in ST4. For some reason though there were two L.A Confidential icons. One with a padlock on it.

Anybody help with either of these questions?
丰2ॐ

Lotuz2019
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Will I have to unzip and install each file individually?
That's how I do it.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7066
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Sep 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
03 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Will I have to unzip and install each file individually?
That's how I do it.
Ok. Thanks. Well at least I know :).
Any idea about the double icon?
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests