Reason 12 has arrived

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

01 Sep 2021

Pepin wrote:
01 Sep 2021
I also noticed the "Send Error Reports and Statistics" toggle has been removed from the Advanced preferences. Uncertain whether that means we can't opt out or if that functionality has simply been removed. I can understand it being hidden during beta testing, so possibly an oversight?

Reason 11:
R11.png

Reason 12:
R12.png
Interesting point. It would be illegal in EU to record that info without permission.
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

01 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Pepin wrote:
01 Sep 2021
I understand the purpose of the disclosure triangle. The issue is the bright red line underneath.
Oh my bad - I thought you put that there - LOL!! Yeah that's weird - I don't see it on my machine when I have sample details expanded like you, but I do see it if it's collapsed. Probably a random graphical bug.
I get it too - I did report it but I'm assuming it was low priority haha.

tronam

01 Sep 2021

Congrats RS on the new release. I upgraded as always, partly because I want you and Reason to continue to thrive and also for the awesome combinator upgrade and high-res scaling. I’m sure there was a ton of other stuff under the hood that we can’t see which took a lot of work to modernize, but now that 12 is released I do hope you’ll continue giving some love to the sequencer over the next few years for us old diehards who still like to use it standalone.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

altron

01 Sep 2021

So, Ok I upgraded to Reason 12 from 11.

First impression: Everything somehow feels more sluggish. It's the new UI rendering that supports upscaling but I know it's only slow at the first opening of any combi, or scrolling to any device. But it surely needs polish.

The new sampler .... humm, not really using much sampling but I'm sure I will find a use for it. The few mediocre Mimic patches included feel a bit like a slap to the face!

The new Combi ... hummmm, probably will come in handy but the default empty Combi UI looks god-awful! What were they thinking?!

But now to my question ... wasn't there some new about vastly improved patch browsing? Where is it? I can't find it and neither can I find any New v12 Features section on the RS website.
Trap is where music goes to die.

EnochLight

01 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
01 Sep 2021
but now that 12 is released I do hope you’ll continue giving some love to the sequencer over the next few years for us old diehards who still like to use it standalone.
^^ THIS x10000 ^^

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Shadoww

01 Sep 2021

When I open up my old songs any effects in the insert section of my instruments are now grouped together as a combinator. I don’t want or need this and it takes up so much room in the rack. Really annoying that it’s automatically doing this. Anyway to quickly revert back to way it was before? Or do I have to manually sort all my old songs that I’ve not finished?
Last edited by Shadoww on 01 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

exxx

01 Sep 2021

altron wrote:
01 Sep 2021

First impression: Everything somehow feels more sluggish. It's the new UI rendering that supports upscaling but I know it's only slow at the first opening of any combi, or scrolling to any device. But it surely needs polish.

The new sampler .... humm, not really using much sampling but I'm sure I will find a use for it. The few mediocre Mimic patches included feel a bit like a slap to the face!

The new Combi ... hummmm, probably will come in handy but the default empty Combi UI looks god-awful! What were they thinking?!

But now to my question ... wasn't there some new about vastly improved patch browsing? Where is it? I can't find it and neither can I find any New v12 Features section on the RS website.

none.

That's all.

There is also no 8-point EQ.

They still tell me to listen and adjust the EQ.

altron

01 Sep 2021

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

altron wrote:
01 Sep 2021
wasn't there some new about vastly improved patch browsing? Where is it? I can't find it and neither can I find any New v12 Features section on the RS website.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Improved browser search
  • Reason now indexes all your REs and locations for immediate search results
  • Search results are now shown while typing in the search field
  • Search results are categorized by type
  • New key command for browser search: cmd+F (macOS) / ctrl+F (Windows)
  • REX files now audition in time with your project when sequencer is running
You can also search by All Locations in addition to the selected folder.

guitfnky

01 Sep 2021

as disappointing as the “feature” set is for 12, I’m very happy with how RS rolled everything out. it wasn’t as hyped as past announcements, but that’s because they were more transparent along the way, and there were fewer surprises. compared to their R+ rollout, it’s clear they’ve learned a lot of lessons, and I’m glad to see that.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

RoryM0

01 Sep 2021

altron wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Yes defo noticed this myself today. First opening of a combi or mix channel or first uncollasping of an RE or first flip of the rack is clearly lagging on my projects. Surely needs polish. Confident that it will be forthcoming in the not too distant future.

StephenHutchinson

01 Sep 2021

Anyone else still experiencing an issue with the full release of Reason 12.d36 where your customized folded up Instruments/Effects/Utilities/Players folders become unfolded again when closing the Reason file and opening it up again?
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Yonatan

01 Sep 2021

Reason as a Rack centered creative toolbox for experimentation and playfull fun sound design, surely has evolved with this upgrade.
Just imagine what crazy accidents that may appear while combining instruments, efx, samplers and players in new combinator.
For us who dont want to build a RE, or maybe we come up with a supercombinator that we do want to develop further into a RE.
Reason is a musical sound lab.

I do look forward to see some sequencer updates too along the way. But i also understand that RS are trying to streamline the Rack concept further while the iron is hot. And the adds do level up the whole Reason+ sound packs capability. And those who want a perpetual license, and mainly want to build their own sounds and combis, still can take a €20 month now and then just to explore soundpacks for inspiration.

I am quite optimistic at the moment.
We do have some options. But, yes, I also want more to the standalone part of the DAW too. But the most exciting in this release I think is the nurishment it will give to the Reason community, sharing creations/patches and all youtube content showing tips and tricks. It will make us share more ideas.
Last edited by Yonatan on 01 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Adabler
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

They made the half racks appear full sized in the browser!
:reason: 12, Win10

altron

01 Sep 2021

exxx wrote:
01 Sep 2021
altron wrote:
01 Sep 2021

none.

That's all.

There is also no 8-point EQ.

They still tell me to listen and adjust the EQ.
The new UI zooming is kind of clumsy isn't it? I mean scaling up all of Reason is not really optimal. They would have done a lot better by adding a sort of zoom feature that can zoom/in out on only a focused device via some keyboard shortcut.

exxx

01 Sep 2021

Yonatan wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Reason as a Rack centered creative toolbox for experimentation and playfull fun sound design, surely has evolved with this upgrade.
Just imagine what crazy accidents that may appear while combining instruments, efx, samplers and players in new combinator.
For us who dont want to build a RE, or maybe we come up with a supercombinator that we do want to develop further into a RE.
Reason is a musical sound lab.

I do look forward to see some sequencer updates too along the way. But i also understand that RS are trying to streamline the Rack concept further while the iron is hot. And the adds do level up the whole Reason+ sound packs capability. And those who want a perpetual license, and mainly want to build their own sounds and combis, still can take a €20 month now and then just to explore soundpacks for inspiration.

I am quite optimistic at the moment.
We do have some options. But, yes, I also want more to the standalone part of the DAW too. But the most exciting in this release I think is the nurishment it will give to the Reason community, sharing creations/patches and all youtube content showing tips and tricks. It will make us share more ideas.
But the real results will come with ableton live 11.

GRB

01 Sep 2021

Great news Matthias! I'll be waiting for the HI-res transport bar buttons but I've doubt I will have time due to the new Combinator 2 :thumbup:
MattiasHG wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Happy release day! Just like every release, I wrote some words: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/comb ... -reason-12
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

plaamook

01 Sep 2021

So basically you can use the new mixer channel to combine combinators?...
Use it like an old style combi but add C2’s into it? More than one?
I don’t have 12 but I’m curious.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

GRB

01 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Congrats RS on the new release. I upgraded as always, partly because I want you and Reason to continue to thrive and also for the awesome combinator upgrade and high-res scaling. I’m sure there was a ton of other stuff under the hood that we can’t see which took a lot of work to modernize, but now that 12 is released I do hope you’ll continue giving some love to the sequencer over the next few years for us old diehards who still like to use it standalone.
Same here tronam. I'm wondering if it's possible for Reason+ subscribers (and Reason 11 Suite owners that upgraded to Reason 12 too to ask for some features? (I can add the rewards points too if needed! :)

Please show some love to the DAW, I use everyday it as it is but is nice to have some improvements, last time it was the volume curves and the multiline clip view and that was a long long time ago...
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Michaellos

01 Sep 2021

The very first impressions - now it takes more time for the devices to load into the rack, going through patches also became longer sometimes... performance got worse for me :(

tiker01

01 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Pepin wrote:
01 Sep 2021
I understand the purpose of the disclosure triangle. The issue is the bright red line underneath.
Oh my bad - I thought you put that there - LOL!! Yeah that's weird - I don't see it on my machine when I have sample details expanded like you, but I do see it if it's collapsed. Probably a random graphical bug.
I also have the red line.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

tiker01 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
EnochLight wrote:
01 Sep 2021

I also have the red line.
I only see it in the blue theme. I had reported it. I'm sure it's on the list of all the small graphical fixes they will work on next.

Noplan
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

The new UI zooming is kind of clumsy isn't it?
Is it possible to zoom with Ctrl + mouse wheel?

• Information