Looks Like you can buy the Reason 12 Upgrade Right now at Sweetwater...(delivered in minutes)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

01 Sep 2021

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... f-standard

Delivered In Minutes!
Delivered by download. Our unique partnership with Reason Studios delivers your license code within minutes.

For version 12, Reason Studios expanded Reason with hot new features that include scalable, high-resolution graphics, the brand-new Mimic Creative Sampler, a completely revamped Combinator, a vastly improved Browser, and more.
Last edited by stratatonic on 01 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

stratatonic

01 Sep 2021

"Supports all major file formats — from wave and AIFF to MP3 and more"

And more?...

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

They're still using a picture of the old Combinator! Lol

The Mimic screenshot needs to be updated too ;)

stratatonic

01 Sep 2021

Yeah, and there's a pic of Pattern Mutator at the very top. (but no written info that it comes with 12)

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

How ironic! That means non + users can buy it from there and get the full Reason 12 before us + subscribers!

And Reason Studios STILL haven't released it. Well, needless to say I'm slightly nonplussed about this!! :wtf:

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

Well I had bought Reason Intro for my brother from Sweetwater a few years back. I received an email with the activation codes which he of course had to register with Propellerhead and then get his download from the Propellerhead site.

All other software I have purchased from Sweetwater has been the same—pointing me to the developer websites. So I wouldn't think this would be any different. My guess is if you buy it now from Sweetwater, you might still have to wait...

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

Ah, I see. I feel better now! :D Besides, it will probably be ready to download by the time I click on 'submit' :crazy:

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

Also, I'm guessing stratonic must've done some poking around and found an easter egg? 😂 Because it doesn't show up in a shop search yet on Sweetwater...

[edit] oh nevermind...you can get to it from the article: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/reason-12-first-look/

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

I think they jumped the gun a bit listing it before it’s actually officially released.

If you do need to download from RS, well you obviously wouldn’t be able to just yet.

Gardinski

01 Sep 2021

Even if we assume it has to be redeemed via the RS store, it would still be downloadable "in minutes". (It could just be quite a lot of minutes.)

stratatonic

01 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
"And for the first time, you can nest other Combinators inside a Combinator, which opens up delightful new worlds of sonic mayhem."

MixerJaexx

01 Sep 2021

Yo, just a reminder, if you buy Reason from a third-party, Reason Studios gets less money as the vender (Sweetwater) gets a percentage of that. (Doubt a company like Sweetwater is just selling software without taking a cut.)

Reason Studios builds the software, hosts the downloadable file and provides technical support. I see no reason to buy some anyone other than Reason Studios.
Mixer Jaëxx
www.jaexx.com

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

MixerJaexx wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Yo, just a reminder, if you buy Reason from a third-party, Reason Studios gets less money as the vender (Sweetwater) gets a percentage of that. (Doubt a company like Sweetwater is just selling software without taking a cut.)

Reason Studios builds the software, hosts the downloadable file and provides technical support. I see no reason to buy some anyone other than Reason Studios.
Because it’s cheaper and because RS already got cash for the license from the 3rd part vendor.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MixerJaexx

01 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Because it’s cheaper and because RS already got cash for the license from the 3rd part vendor.
Clearly the prices are the same. Is this how people get suckered by sales people? “This is a special opportunity for users of previous versions of Reason to upgrade to Reason 12 at a reduced cost.” according to Sweetwater.

You all better not miss out on this special opportunity! The upgrade is $129 from Reason Studios but if you buy it for $129 at Sweetwater, it’s a special deal so that makes it cheaper!

(Again, if you buy from Sweetwater, Reason Studios loses more money. If the logic isn’t clicking, please just trust me and buy directly from the actual makers of this software.)
Mixer Jaëxx
www.jaexx.com

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
"And for the first time, you can nest other Combinators inside a Combinator, which opens up delightful new worlds of sonic mayhem."
Pretty sure they misworded that a little. Details to follow soon...

Gardinski

01 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Ahhh, I got really excited just then about the possibility of Combis inside Combis. (Something I've been wanting for years.)

I thought it sounded too good to be true, and I'm guessing from Joey's comment that it is.

stratatonic

01 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Well, the blurb must have come from RS. Pretty sure Sweetwater didn’t write it up.

Maybe they meant “incredible” instead of “delightful”... ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

MixerJaexx wrote:
01 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Clearly the prices are the same. Is this how people get suckered by sales people? “This is a special opportunity for users of previous versions of Reason to upgrade to Reason 12 at a reduced cost.” according to Sweetwater.

You all better not miss out on this special opportunity! The upgrade is $129 from Reason Studios but if you buy it for $129 at Sweetwater, it’s a special deal so that makes it cheaper!

(Again, if you buy from Sweetwater, Reason Studios loses more money. If the logic isn’t clicking, please just trust me and buy directly from the actual makers of this software.)
Buy from JRRShop with code Forum. $114.81.
I bought the upgrade for €70. 3rd party vendor. Is the logic clicking with you?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Tinnitus

01 Sep 2021

stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2021
"Supports all major file formats — from wave and AIFF to MP3 and more"

And more?...
Flac support too? (Unless it was already added to v11)

helmutson

01 Sep 2021

stratatonic wrote:
01 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Yes, what could that mean ? :lol:

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

Gardinski wrote:
01 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Ahhh, I got really excited just then about the possibility of Combis inside Combis. (Something I've been wanting for years.)

I thought it sounded too good to be true, and I'm guessing from Joey's comment that it is.
What you can do is place Combis now (as many as you want) into insert sections :thumbup:

Gardinski

01 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Gardinski wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Ahhh, I got really excited just then about the possibility of Combis inside Combis.

What you can do is place Combis now (as many as you want) into insert sections :thumbup:
Ah, cool. Thanks for the clarification, Joey!

BananaSkins

01 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Is the logic clicking with you?
Logic-how much is that? Thought this topic was about R12 :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
01 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Is the logic clicking with you?
Logic-how much is that? Thought this topic was about R12 :thumbup:
Ask the other guy. It was him who mentioned it first.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information