(melodic house/techno) Aqious 124 bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2021

My latest track. Not sure if it is melodic techno, melodic house or some kind of trance. Just went with how my mood took me.

Any comments appreciated

Updated reworked version here

Last edited by Popey on 29 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Aug 2021

Very well done! I would maybe do something about the hat; reduce the level or modulate the length, or both.

You keep getting better and better! ๐Ÿ’ช

Style wise you know my opinion ๐Ÿ˜‚

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: โ†‘
08 Aug 2021
Very well done! I would maybe do something about the hat; reduce the level or modulate the length, or both.

Thanks Philip. When you talk about the hat do you mean the open hat (i think so listening back).

Ha ha i know its not your style, i have gone full on poser mode with my music lately :lol:

PhillipOrdonez

08 Aug 2021

Popey wrote: โ†‘
08 Aug 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote: โ†‘
08 Aug 2021

Thanks Philip. When you talk about the hat do you mean the open hat (i think so listening back).

Ha ha i know its not your style, i have gone full on poser mode with my music lately :lol:
Yes, the open hat.

๐Ÿ˜‚ It's fine, I support you no matter what ๐Ÿ˜‚

Rising Night Wave

08 Aug 2021

huh at 1:05 it gets very very cool. like it a lot.
cool music, you know?

it has a bit of 90's retro synth vibe. at 2:00 after the transition.
like it. althou i do not like 90's retro synth music.

nice. keep it up with good work.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

I agree with PhillipOrdonez. Those open high hats slap you in the face once they kick in. Tame them a little bit and you'll have a solid song. Nice work.

Mattvank

27 Aug 2021

It has a lot of potential but if would wrote this track. I would lay it down for a week and after open it i would rework it.
That thing needs more dramatic in my eyes. That ,,all lot of timeยดยด finetuning with FX and well fit risers.
The highlight of the tracks are well done. But i rather would be more suprised after each break.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Thanks for the feedback strangers and Mattvank. I am terrible for fixing tracks and always move on to new things however I reopened this after work today and am going to improve it (especially the open hat which has already been changed ๐Ÿ˜€).

As I slowly learn more about writing songs and production I have listened back to my earlier efforts and see loads I would change now. I will repost the updated version once I have done some work on it.

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

updated this over the weekend and made some quite significant changes. any feedback welcomed as always.

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

Nice work with the updated version. I feel like the kick and snare could be more punchy like you had in the original version but that's just preference is all. I'm like you, I usually don't like going back to re-do parts of a song unless it's really bothering me. At some point you have to call it a day and keep moving on to new things. You could always apply those ideas, tweaks, comments, etc. in future songs.

Keep it up. Looking forward to the next song.

• Information