IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021
I was busy trying to sort out the contents of 5 or 6 hard drives when I accidentally deleted a synth wave sample tank sound pack I got free ages ago and had just downloaded a few days ago. Guess what, download expired yesterday. I don’t understand what that’s all about with IK. You get to download for 180 days then if you want to download again you need to pay them to reactivate. At the moment I’m downloading the full SampleTank library but the way I’m feeling I won’t even bother installing it.
Lurssen mastering console is great by the way.
I have a whole separate hard drive for VST backups and the majority of it is IK Multimedia stuff for SampleTank--I just download it right after buying it, install what I want and archive the rest.
Yeah me too. I was actually backing up stuff when I did the classic select two things instead of one and delete them both then realize. Not to worry. Just annoying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

29 Aug 2021

It's definitely annoying if you have to re-purchase the $10 download activation, but I understand it. Most content is "cloud" hosted now, which has per-gigabyte data download charges. Since their sound libraries are generally huge, it makes sense from a business perspective, otherwise they'd have to make the product prices higher to account for the data charges.

Lotuz2019

29 Aug 2021

And you can use JamPoints to make it 30% less.
Sounds expired? You can reactivate ALL of your sounds downloads access by purchasing 1 (one) 'Download Reactivation Credit' in IK Multimedia's webstore. Reactivation will open download access for 180 days for all registered products. Once you have purchased it, come back here and click 'Reactivate'. We recommend that you keep a backup copy of your downloaded files.

joeyluck

29 Aug 2021

Does IK still install husks of every plugin, littering the browser? Is there an option to avoid that?

Lotuz2019

29 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Does IK still install husks of every plugin, littering the browser? Is there an option to avoid that?
All T-Racks plugins are installed.
Peter (IK Multimedia):
For T-RackS 5 at this time you would need to either use your DAW's plugin manager to hide the processors you don't have or remove the DLLs manually. The next full version of T-RackS is currently planned to have this behavior changed so you can install what you want.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Aug 2021
It installs all the .dlls into a folder. Just move them out of the folder somewhere else on your drive and add them as you register them. That way only the ones you have will show up in Reason.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Aug 2021
It installs all the .dlls into a folder. Just move them out of the folder somewhere else on your drive and add them as you register them. That way only the ones you have will show up in Reason.
Yeah that's what I did last time I got a free one...and then I wanted to try one and went through it all again. I really wish they didn't do that. All of that should be managed in a separate installer app.

Does anybody know if Modo Bass got updated to allow freely sliding notes, either fretless or just more subtle? I had tried it before with my Seaboard Block, hoping for a similar experience as SWAM, and it wasn't possible. Notes were fixed and sliding had very defined frets/notes changes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021

Yeah that's what I did last time I got a free one...and then I wanted to try one and went through it all again. I really wish they didn't do that. All of that should be managed in a separate installer app.

Does anybody know if Modo Bass got updated to allow freely sliding notes, either fretless or just more subtle? I had tried it before with my Seaboard Block, hoping for a similar experience as SWAM, and it wasn't possible. Notes were fixed and sliding had very defined frets/notes changes.
You don’t need to reinstall. Move the dll into the folder. Go in on manager. Click deauthorize then authorize again. Takes 5 seconds.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

29 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Click deauthorize then authorize again.
Didn't know that. I use the Custom Shop to Restore My Purchases.

Steedus
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

Almost to the 9000 mark. Think I’ve gotta get in on this.

client6

29 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Almost to the 9000 mark. Think I’ve gotta get in on this.
It is totally worth it...unbelievable deal at this point. MODO Drum and SampleTank 4 are some of my favorite...new Comprexxor is great too.

jam-s

29 Aug 2021

10 for one is a pretty decent amount of price reduction. So if this could push a few more spectators into buying before the promotion ends it might even pass the 10k and go into extension, where it could go up to 15 or so. (I highly doubt the market to be there to really go up to 25.)

joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Aug 2021

You don’t need to reinstall. Move the dll into the folder. Go in on manager. Click deauthorize then authorize again. Takes 5 seconds.
I had uninstalled them because I didn't want stuff installed on my computer that I don't use and don't have access to...that's what I meant.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021

I had uninstalled them because I didn't want stuff installed on my computer that I don't use and don't have access to...that's what I meant.
Move the ones you don’t want out of the folder and save them somewhere else. Authorize.
Only the ones in the folder will show in Reason. If you buy/get a new one put the .dll for that one back in the folder. Open manager. Deauthorize then Authorize again.
Last edited by MrFigg on 30 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

30 Aug 2021

And we're at 9000 (10 for the price of 1). Are we going to reach 10000 before the deadline? :cool:

joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
30 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021

Move the ones you don’t want out of the folder and save them somewhere else. Authorize.
Only the ones in the folder will show in Reason. If you buy/get a new one put the .dll back in the folder. Open manager. Deauthorize then Authorize again.
That sounds like they are still installed on the hard drive right? My other point is when I tried a new release from IK, it installed everything from them again. Your solution means I then have them taking up space in two places. In any case, Modo Bass was the only thing I was interested in, but I didn't like it and sounds like they haven't improved it...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
30 Aug 2021

Only the ones in the folder will show in Reason. If you buy/get a new one put the .dll back in the folder. Open manager. Deauthorize then Authorize again.
That sounds like they are still installed on the hard drive right? My other point is when I tried a new release from IK, it installed everything from them again. Your solution means I then have them taking up space in two places. In any case, Modo Bass was the only thing I was interested in, but I didn't like it and sounds like they haven't improved it...
I was actually replying to you when you wrote that. Yeah I think so too. It’s the T-Racks program itself which holds the data for all the plugins. Moving yhe .dll only makes them not show up. That said moving the .dlls don’t take up much space at all.
AmplTube also installs everything but in this case it has a button which you can switch in or off to show only the models you have authorized.
The Lurssen thing is pretty cool for people like me who know nothing about mastering (which you do I think) and there are some good T-Racks. I got Modo Drums which is cool as the only other similar thing I have is RDK and that’s not really that good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tronam

30 Aug 2021

I just can't get enthusiastic about IKM's products like T-Racks, regardless of how good of a deal it is, because of the sheer quantity of plugins (whether I own them or not) that gets dumped onto my system. Every time I've tried it I always end up uninstalling in favor of leaner, less bloated alternatives. This is not a new issue either. We've been complaining about this for years.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

DaveyG

30 Aug 2021

IK stuff has always been the same - quantity over quality. For every truly good instrument or effect in Ampire, TrackS and Sampletank there are a dozen mediocre ones so you spend too much time auditioning and sorting through them all and trying to remove orhide the ones you don't want.

And, yeah, their 180 day timeout on data downloads is taking the piss. I can't think of any other audio company that does this. Imagine if RS charged you $10 to re-enable downloads for REs if it's been more than 6 months since you bought one.

Loque

30 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
30 Aug 2021
IK stuff has always been the same - quantity over quality. For every truly good instrument or effect in Ampire, TrackS and Sampletank there are a dozen mediocre ones so you spend too much time auditioning and sorting through them all and trying to remove orhide the ones you don't want.

And, yeah, their 180 day timeout on data downloads is taking the piss. I can't think of any other audio company that does this. Imagine if RS charged you $10 to re-enable downloads for REs if it's been more than 6 months since you bought one.
Dont forget the horrible installation processes...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
30 Aug 2021

AmpliTube and T-Racks installed in less than 5 minutes. No issues. Didn't they update the Authorizer quite recently?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

30 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2021
The original installation process was really bad (having multiple installers that have to be clicked through for a single (large) sampletank instrument, so in total a few hundred clicks to get sampletank max installed ... are you effin nuts?!). The new IK Product Manager handles this much nicer and can install the content (automatically), but only as long as you have it still available for download.

Loque

30 Aug 2021

jam-s wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2021
The original installation process was really bad (having multiple installers that have to be clicked through for a single (large) sampletank instrument, so in total a few hundred clicks to get sampletank max installed ... are you effin nuts?!). The new IK Product Manager handles this much nicer and can install the content (automatically), but only as long as you have it still available for download.
Ok. And after that i manually need to install hundreds of packages? Really? :clap: :lol:
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

30 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2021
jam-s wrote:
30 Aug 2021

Ok. And after that i manually need to install hundreds of packages? Really? :clap: :lol:
Yes, looks like this: Either then pay 10€+VAT to have all downloads active again or: Do this a few dozen times:
* Unpack the .zip that was originally downloaded from their server
* Run the installer
* Click though 3 or 4 pages
* Wait for it to install
* Click finish on the installer.
rinse and repeat for the next ..

Sampletank 4 Max includes 34 zips from ST3, 62 .zips from ST4. Add to this a few dozen more from Miroslav and Syntronik and then some sound updaters on top and you have a nice long evening clicking and waiting ahead. :twisted: It's really a stupid grind. So those 10€+VAT don't look all that bad in comparison. Still a better system to install the backed up content would be really well needed.
(I suppose one could perhaps script this, so a re-download is not needed.)

Another thing to be aware of with IK is that they charge 20€+VAT for a normal license transfer. (The licenses you get from promos or as free products from group buys are not transferable.)

Lotuz2019

30 Aug 2021

jam-s wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Another thing to be aware of with IK is that they charge 20€+VAT for a normal license transfer.
You can lower that to 70% (14€+VAT) by using JamPoints.

• Information